Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,459 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,533 reviews
on August 9, 2009
I use this for checking gold ore samples in the field as well as general looking at the microscopic world.

The LED light is great but I did have one problem. I left it on and the next time I tried to use it the light would not work.... dead batteries. Unfortunately the batteries cost near $5 each times 3= $15.

All is not lost however. The Rite Aid (Pharmacy) had hearing aid batteries that, while not the same type as the listed required batteries, were the same physical size but were 1.4 volts instead of 1.5. I did not feel that this would be an issue and decided to try it. They worked just fine and were $16 for 24 of them, so about $.67 each. Much better and I now have 8 changes in case I forget to turn it off again.

The replacement type I found was Size 312, hearing aid batteries.
1414 comments| 724 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 20, 2011
i actually bought this so i can inspect plant resin on my flowers to see when they are ready to harvest. but i find it's so easy to get carried away with it. wall's, carpet, leaves, pet fur, sugar on the table, bugs, dirt, lol if it was in my house i inspected it. it's lots of fun. i only wish i could see the air on a microscopic level. but we cant have everything. all in all its a great buy.
1414 comments| 284 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Had some troubles with shipping, where FedEx traveled all the way cross country, only to leave it with USPS a mile from my house. I was not able to pickup either. Overall, it still came within an acceptable amount of time. Wish the seller switched to another carrier for shipping.

Regardless, the product came and it works wonderfully. The knobs are a bit stiff at first but will provide much longer lasting durability in the long run. Using a gear system instead of making the user adjust the scope telescopically gives much more precise adjustments. Although the item you are viewing must be very close, it provides a good picture which is quite clear. For the amount this scope costs, it is definitely worth it.

The light works well although it would be better if it utilized more common batteries like AAA. Although the scope does not truly seem to adjust to 100x, it at least goes between 60 and 80x. As I said there imagine it's very nice. For the price I'd recommend this scope to anyone searching for a mobile version of microscope. If you need more magnification, buy a stronger scope. I don't think this sized scope would even be useful above this magnification due to the nature of a portable device like this. Any shaking in your hand or breeze blowing the item being viewed, can knock the clarity out of whack. At these magnifications it's able to be overcome by holding and adjusting both the scope and object you're viewing in each hand. If It were any higher it would be difficult to use.

Great product. I would buy again for a small stocking stuffer present or give a recommendation for this scope. It works beautifully.
review image
on January 9, 2015
works great, right out the box i had it focused and looking at my ugly skin pores. it is small. the size of a reg lighter, maybe a little bigger. I'm 28 years old and have lived in a time where not everything is automatic and or digital, that being said, the knobs are not hard to turn at all, they have resistance to them as to not lose the focus you set. you wouldn't want to be able to accidentally move setting. zoom is 60-80x not quiet 100x. but none the less images are very clear. colors come in great and i am able to use it to look at the tricomes on my meds with ease. light placement and effectiveness are right on. took a few pictures where i set my phone right on eye piece. there is a gap between lens and phone so you see image as circle but that is not present with eye on scope. took pictures of scope, using it on the box it came in and some of my meds

couldn't ask for a beter deal
review image review image review image review image
on July 18, 2015
Certified awesomeness. For 10 bucks this scope is well worth it. I don't understand the other reviewers carping about minor technical flaws. Its 10 bucks - for reals. Plus Free prime shipping if you got it. Yes, the magnification isn't what it says it is, but this unit fits in the palm of your hand and has tolerated my kids dropping it, fingering the optics and otherwise exercising loose care while looking at neighborhood concrete, paint, signs, leaves, found objects, and astro turf. Don't forget to turn off the LED because as other reviewers have noted, the specified replacement cell is not cheap. I haven't tried the hearing aid battery solution mentioned elsewhere, but will next time I gel and leave it on. Otherwise, for about the cost and size of a sushi hand roll you can blow your kids' minds with science! Or you could just completely geek out in private on the plaster swirls in your bathroom. Cool.
on July 9, 2015
 My kids LOVE this microscope. I purchased it during a lightning deal, and I would absolutely buy it again!

I have spent much more on microscopes that I thought were not half this good. Sure, there is better on the market, but if you want to spend under about $50 for something simple, I'd say just go for this!

It is so small that I can honestly fit it in my purse. I will actually bring it with us when we go to appointments, because my kids love to use it on things in the waiting rooms. Because it isn't big and bulky, we take it outdoors with us, and are able to see a wider range of things than simply what can fit on a microscope slide.

This video is made with my cell phone camera, so it still lost some quality, but you can still see how great it looks. My daughter brought in some flower petals to look at, and we noticed that there was a "white speck that moved". I guessed that it was a tiny bug, and decided to check it out. Besides the fact that it moved, you couldn't see it well enough to make out that it was a bug without the microscope. (PS, sorry if the kids are loud. They are excited, lol).

This microscope is simple. It doesn't have a wide range of options, buttons, or settings. But, the simplicity is one of the reasons why I love this as much as I do. It has opened up a whole new world of microscopic textures, colors, and life to my kids. It has made the whole world even more fascinating to them.
on March 27, 2012
This little microscope is fun! Not professional grade, but I wasn't expecting anything like that. We've looked at all sorts of surfaces using this cool tool. I uploaded a couple of pictures to the Amazon description. Check them out.
review image review image
on September 15, 2016
Absolutely a piece of JUNK. Amazon did a great job of getting this item to me quickly. When I peered through the viewfinder all I saw was dirt, dust, gunk and junk on the inside of the lense(s). Could not see a thing other than the debris in the unit. Very poor production procedures and probably no quality control whatsoever. Yes, I know you get what you pay for. But, if someone gave this to me free I would have thrown it in the trash. I finally did get to see a small image of print in the viewfinder. Again, very, very poor quality. The cost is not great, and I almost just threw it in the trash, but I want Amazon and whoever made this (in their garage?) what a piece of junk this is and I am returning it. Please, please don't waste your time and money/
on August 17, 2016
This thing is freakin' awesome! An absolute MUST for rockhounds!!! Now that I have it, I'll be carrying it everywhere. The magnifying glasses that I got in my mineral kits when I took geology are okay, but they only do 10x. This thing does 60x-100x and it's lighted!! I struggled to look at the crystalline structures of the rocks I collected in Baghdad through my $20 microscopic. Since I didn't have rock tools there (other than my multiple tumblers, my rock hammer and my chisel), I had to try to chip off pieces small enough to fit on the tray, and I had to use a flashlight from the side for illumination. This thing illuminates right next to the lens so it casts the light directly on what you're trying to view. I'd love to share photos, but my camera doesn't have a lens that small.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!
on May 18, 2017
Love this one as well as my MicroBrite, A little smaller, more compact, and is a great backup for those places the larger one can't get to. Quick and very easy to use. I use this mainly in the field to aid in identification any tiny critters I come across ( a hobby of mine - biology major). Not sure how it will hold up to rough handling, and since the price was right, I purchased 2 of them. Leave one at home on the workbench, and never leave home without the other.