Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

The Polar Express [Blu-ray]
Format: Blu-ray|Change

on January 1, 2017
It's truly one of the best movies, especially a Christmas movie, that you could hope to purchase or watch. I already own several copies of this movie but I was anxious to watch the 3D version. I'm having trouble watching the 3D version of this movie but I believe it's with my player and not the CD itself. The extra footage added to show how the movie was made and what they did to make it is excellent. You know if I can't get the 3-D to work I'll keep the movie because I can always give the other ones away as gifts....... it's such a good movie!
on July 27, 2014
One of our absolute favorite Christmas movies, even including the oldies. After getting the book for the family, I have even more respect for this movie. The book is fairly short, so they had to add a ton more content to fill the time of this movie. And I think they did it marvelously. Tom Hanks shines in his multiple voice acting roles. This movie has a very classic feel to it, but with modern animation and audio. Everything comes together for this movie. Literally nothing feels slacking.
The story itself is about a young boy who is starting to not believe in Santa any more. He is awoken late at night on Christmas Eve by the sound and feel of a train. He runs out front to see the spectacular Polar Express. He gets on, and so begins the adventure up to the North Pole.
This movie is an absolute must for any family who loves Christmas movies!
on December 28, 2015
I have seen this many times, but this is the first 3D experience of it for me. All I can say is WOW. This movie was made for 3D. This along with the Avatar is one of the best 3D movies I have seen. There are so many more things that I saw in the movie that I hadn't noticed before. Thrilling Eye Candy. You really feel emerged in the movie.

This 2012 3D release of the movie works with newer TV and projectors that use their own glasses. The older 2008 release comes with a set of paper 3D glasses in the DVD case. This is the version you want if you own your own glasses. You won't be disappointed. Love it! This will be a new Christmas Eve Tradition!
11 comment|Report abuse
I love every movie that Tom Hanks was in, and this movie has become a Christmas tradition for my daughter, and I. We watched it several times, when it first came out, and last weekend we enjoyed it once again. Every Christmas holiday season, we view several Christmas movies. This one has become a favorite.

The story is heart-warming and inspiring, about a young boy, who didn't believe in Santa. He could never hear the Christmas bells ring, when he didn't believe. But, at the end, he heard the joyous sound of Christmas bells, and his parents didn't.

This movie is enjoyable, uplifting, and inspirational. We enjoy it every year during the Christmas holiday season. Brilliant, colorful, and highly recommended!
2 helpful votes
on January 8, 2017
I purchased this movie for my two grandsons and I to watch before we went on the Polar Express Train ride and it quickly became THE movie to watch during the Christmas holidays. The first time I watched it (without them) I thought it might be a little scary for the three year old as its filmed mostly in the dark - (its nighttime) but he loved it.

I would highly recommend having this in your Christmas library!!!
on January 24, 2016
We loved this amazing movie. Especially my 8 year old. The good news is that you won't get tired of watching for at least the first 3 or 4 times each year. Unless they happen to be in the same day. 2 weeks into watching it daily, well then you might get a teensy bit of a tic by your right eye. But hey, admit it by that time most movies have you curled up in a corner wondering how you are going to bear it for another 2 weeks. This one piece of cake. At that point just hide it and promise a Polar Express Train Ride if they are good. (All hopped up and Christmas Cheer and the ubiquitous cookies and candy, parties and the promise of SANTA at the end... they will never make it the next 2 weeks being good so you can always find an excuse for not doing that one.) Tell them that you put it up so that the train ride would feel fresh and exciting instead of old and stale. You can get through the next 2 weeks in peace! Unless you happen to have "Barney" DVD's accessible then you are toast and may as well just check into a spa before you burn the house down or something drastic.

Full Disclosure: I talked Grandma into doing the Polar Express Ride so I got to keep my promise without having to pay for it.

Really it's a wonderful movie and I love the songs.
on January 12, 2016
Love the movie but had to order another one to get the proper format. When I ordered this specific item, I selected and it was confirmed that I was purchasing the "Multi-format" version. Every other "multi-format" I've ordered in the past has had all versions of the film i.e., Blu Ray, Dvd, and digital hd download. So when I ordered this in multi-format, I expected the above trio of options to be included. It was also very misleading because there was a blu Ray option, dvd option, and multi-format option. So knowing what I had ordered in the past and the choices in front of me I chose the multi format and didn't think twice. When it arrived it was just blu Ray so I couldn't play it in our car DVD player for my son when I had hoped to. I turned around and had to order the DVD version as well. I think there definitely needs to be some re-wording or more clarification to let the buyer/customer know for sure what they are purchasing. In the end I now have both the blu Ray and DVD and the movie itself is phenomenal and my 2 year old loves it!
on June 14, 2017
I had turned on the television numerous times just when The Polar Express was about to end so I had missed the beginning. When I ordered this movie The Polar Express had came on and wouldn't you know it, I saw it from the beginning. Well now I have this movie and can see it whenever I want to.
on August 24, 2016
I love this movie. The book has long been one of our Christmas family traditions and now the movie has also become one of our traditions. This movie has beautiful colors and a wonderful story line. This is one of the best 3-D movies we have in our collection. At a time when it seems to be harder and harder to find great family movies, The Polar Express is certainly a classic!
2 helpful votes
on December 22, 2016
I didn't really care for it but my kids wanted a new Christmas movie to watch so here it is. I didn't think they would care for it since it isn't a cartoon but they are 5 and 2 1/2 and they have watched it atleast a dozen times in the past few weeks. I asked my 5 year old what he liked about it and he said the train.