Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 56 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 68 reviews
on December 9, 2008
I have used Peugeot salt and pepper mills for a long time now. I decided to replace my pepper because it was one of the lacquered ones and, unfortunately, the lacquer chips easily. This chocolate-colored one seemed like the perfect choice because it is stained and not lacquered, but still has the dark color I wanted (my salt mill is the natural wood, also beautiful!).

My old ones were before the U-Select varieties and, while they were great, the new feature is REALLY wonderful! The first thing I did, upon receiving my new pepper mill, was to test all the grind settings and they did exactly as they were supposed to. Now I want a new salt with the new grind adjustment feature too!

These prices are great for Peugeot mills. They are high quality and so attractive. The 7" is my favorite because it fits easily into my cabinet shelves and is a great size for a family of two. They would make incredible gifts and you can get a set of one of each for a good price here too. I highly recommend Peugeot mills.
on May 3, 2014
This was a replacement for a wedding gift that we received because ours fell and broke at the base. We love them - we have the salt shaker as well. They look great, are a great design and work really well. I'm not sure if the multiple settings actually work - as far as how fine the grind is - I've never really used/noticed it.
on April 8, 2010
I first heard about this pepper mill from America's Test Kitchen on PBS. In their testing this mill was top rated. I wondered if the pricey pepper mill would be worth it and It is.

My complaint with most pepper mills are they are ugly, hard to crank and adjusting the grind is hit or miss and doesn't usually alter the finess of the grind that much. The Peugot Pepper mill is unique in having the adjustment for pepper grind on the bottom section of the mill's body and it is marked with lines showing you the grind setting. No more guessing, it gives a great range from very fine to corse and all at the turn of a ring. The grinding is easy as you turn the body of this classically designed wood mill. I love that it is made of wood and that it isn't too tall - some are way too tall for use when cooking. The mill is also easy to fill from the top.

If you want a high quality product that you will be happy every time you grab for it then the Peugot Pepper Mill is for you.
on June 3, 2015
This salt milll is by far the best one I have used to date. Other mills I have bought (including the top rated one on amazon) fell far short of my expectations. Not only is this mill visually appealing it is also very functional. Just be sure not to hold the bottom of the mill when using it, the bottom is to adjust the grind. I would not recommend getting the shorter version because it gives you less area to hold the mill properly.
on June 22, 2015
This is one of those kitchen tools that are a must have. Freshly ground pepper is much better than pre-grounded. It's worth the price because those smaller cheaper mills will eventually break. The only con is that the surface is slick and has no texture which can also be a positive. On one hand there's no stains and in the other if you use it while wet then it will slip.
I really like the levels of grind that it provides.
on May 4, 2015
I previously owned OXO brand salt and pepper shakers and was never impressed with them due to inconsistent granule sizes. This grinder produces wonderful results and I don't have the grinder loosen during use. I like how this grinder has a scale on the bottom to indicate the size of granules it will produce. The holding chamber does not hold much peppercorn, but I do not find this to be much of a problem.
on May 13, 2015
Ok, we have seriously gone through some pepper mills. We've given most of them away or they've made a short flight to the garbage. Why oh why it is it so difficult to make one that lasts and grinds in the sizes it advertises, we've cried. FINALLY! I think I've found THE ONE! The precision and quality can be felt with the first turn. It's super easy to fill and even though I can't comment on how long it lasts at this time (only had it a week), so far it is fulfilling the promises of it's maker. The style lacks some creativity, only in that it's the quintessential shaker shape, but in practical matters, form should follow function and perhaps it has to have this basic shape for mechanical reasons I don't understand. It's a very small complaint in the scheme.
on September 29, 2016
It is a year and just about 2 months old. The bottom part that you twist to decide the size of the ground peppercorns split and is broken. It was never dropped. I have no idea how or why this would happen. Seller referred me to Peugeot. Not going to bother and not impressed.
on December 8, 2010
Overall the fit and finish of the product is acceptable. The quality of the grind is good. It fits in the hand nicely and is moderate weight so it is solid enough yet not too heavy. Only complaint is the screw at the top which holds the cover on (you unscrew it to open the top to refill) always loosens as you use the grinder. Even if you screw it on tight, as you grind pepper, that motion seems to perpetually cause that screw to loosen so you have to stop and retighten again. Not a showstopper but definitely an inconvenience.
on June 7, 2010
A very nice grinder. Smooth operation. Have the choose of coarse to fine. Love it. I will say that Amazon skimped on the packaging, so the bottom of the grinder had split. We returned. The replacement had no cracks and arrived very quickly!