Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 56 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 68 reviews
on December 9, 2008
I have used Peugeot salt and pepper mills for a long time now. I decided to replace my pepper because it was one of the lacquered ones and, unfortunately, the lacquer chips easily. This chocolate-colored one seemed like the perfect choice because it is stained and not lacquered, but still has the dark color I wanted (my salt mill is the natural wood, also beautiful!).

My old ones were before the U-Select varieties and, while they were great, the new feature is REALLY wonderful! The first thing I did, upon receiving my new pepper mill, was to test all the grind settings and they did exactly as they were supposed to. Now I want a new salt with the new grind adjustment feature too!

These prices are great for Peugeot mills. They are high quality and so attractive. The 7" is my favorite because it fits easily into my cabinet shelves and is a great size for a family of two. They would make incredible gifts and you can get a set of one of each for a good price here too. I highly recommend Peugeot mills.
on June 3, 2015
This salt milll is by far the best one I have used to date. Other mills I have bought (including the top rated one on amazon) fell far short of my expectations. Not only is this mill visually appealing it is also very functional. Just be sure not to hold the bottom of the mill when using it, the bottom is to adjust the grind. I would not recommend getting the shorter version because it gives you less area to hold the mill properly.
on May 3, 2016
I looked long and hard for the perfect pepper grinder. I wanted one that would give a really coarse grind and none of the other ones I'd tried up to this point gave me the grind I was looking for. This is a perfect pepper grinder. It gives a grind so coarse the pepper corns are basically split into thirds-halves, or so fine it's like an ultra-fine powder. The grind mechanism is sturdy and grinds quickly. The dial on the bottom (to adjust the grind) is also numbered so there's no guessing when you select the grind you want. I didn't think that would be a big deal, but it's become one of my favorite things about the grinder. Highly recommend
on May 13, 2015
Ok, we have seriously gone through some pepper mills. We've given most of them away or they've made a short flight to the garbage. Why oh why it is it so difficult to make one that lasts and grinds in the sizes it advertises, we've cried. FINALLY! I think I've found THE ONE! The precision and quality can be felt with the first turn. It's super easy to fill and even though I can't comment on how long it lasts at this time (only had it a week), so far it is fulfilling the promises of it's maker. The style lacks some creativity, only in that it's the quintessential shaker shape, but in practical matters, form should follow function and perhaps it has to have this basic shape for mechanical reasons I don't understand. It's a very small complaint in the scheme.
on January 13, 2015
We have had quite a few pepper mills over the years but they were kind of cheap. They did the job I suppose. This pepper mill is like driving a Rolls Royce. It is just perfect and it makes me actually feel happy every time I grind pepper. That sounds strange but it is just such good quality. My recommendation is whenever you can buy something that was made in USA or Europe do it. Canada doesn't have any manufacturing any more although we used to - all lost to off shore. You may pay more but you will be so much happier with the product. I have a feeling this pepper mill will last a lifetime. Delighted with it !
on February 25, 2015
This is a beautiful and sturdy pepper grinder. I have no doubt that it will last for years. The adjustment works wonderfully as well. I only have a few minor problems with it. The color is actually quite a bit darker than in the picture--it almost looks black. I was a little confused as well by the markings on the adjustment. One would think these markings would delineate specific grind settings, however they are more like guidelines. The adjustment knob does not "click" to the specific adjustment markings. It seemed a little strange that they would have the markings if they don't really mean anything. Other than that, I love the grinder! I wish I had gotten the 9 inch model; this one does not hold quite as many peppercorns as I would like.
on June 22, 2015
This is one of those kitchen tools that are a must have. Freshly ground pepper is much better than pre-grounded. It's worth the price because those smaller cheaper mills will eventually break. The only con is that the surface is slick and has no texture which can also be a positive. On one hand there's no stains and in the other if you use it while wet then it will slip.
I really like the levels of grind that it provides.
on May 4, 2015
I previously owned OXO brand salt and pepper shakers and was never impressed with them due to inconsistent granule sizes. This grinder produces wonderful results and I don't have the grinder loosen during use. I like how this grinder has a scale on the bottom to indicate the size of granules it will produce. The holding chamber does not hold much peppercorn, but I do not find this to be much of a problem.
on February 8, 2015
Even though I've only had it for a couple of weeks, it's better than many grinders I've used (not owned). I grew tired of using disposable grinders Since it "burrs" the corns (similar to a good coffee burrer), the outcome is consistent.

Note: I have not experienced "poor" or bad grinds.

The matching salt grinder (different mechanism) is awesome too. The consistency and effort is similar.
review image
on August 7, 2012
I've had this classic mill for almost two years. I've used it on a near-daily basis during that time, mainly for grinding fresh pepper into food while prepping or cooking it (I usually use a different mill at the table). The coarse/fineness adjustment has always worked well, and though I usually just leave it at a medium setting, it's nice to have the ability to change it to very coarse or very fine for certain recipes. My only caution would be to be careful when placing the mill on your kitchen counter. If the counter is wet, that moisture will get into the wood on the bottom of the mill, which may cause a bit of cracking -- this happened to me. Still, this is purely aesthetic and hasn't affected the performance of the mill in any way. If I ever needed another mill, I'd get another Peugeot, and I'd recommend this as a gift.