Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Paul McCartney Shop Now STEM

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,340 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,486 reviews
on October 20, 2007
I'm usually not so sappy when it comes to Christmas movies, but I loved this movie.

A beautiful woman sends Christmas cards to the troops, with pictures of her hometown. A sergeant receives one of these cards and after going on leave following a fellow soldier's death, he finds himself in Washington timber country. I loved the cute little scenes in the diner where they both find they love curly fries and the tasteful flirtations. The church scene was so nostalgic and made me want to head straight to church. The only disbelieving part was where she breaks up with her shallow fiance and he takes it so well and gentlemanly.

A Boyfriend for Christmas and Eve's Christmas are also movies I've seen recently that I'm also purchasing. Take a look at them as well.
1616 comments| 260 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon September 17, 2007
This is a very sweet, clean, family-friendly movie. Its one of my favorites, right up there with Hallmark's Season For Miracles - it has the same tone and theme of welcoming strangers into a family.

Cody Cullen is a soldier overseas at Christmastime who receives a Christmas card from well-wishing stranger Faith. He is touched by the card and keeps it close. When a fellow soldier is killed in an attack, he returns to the States to notify and comfort the widow. While there, he also searches for and meets Faith, but never tells her how he knows her. Through a series of events he becomes like a member of Faith's family. When his time is up, he leaves the Christmas Card with a special gift for Faith's family and disappears without saying goodbye. Faith then realizes her feelings for him and tries to catch up with him. Naturally, it is a happily-ever-after fairytale story. :-)
11 comment| 176 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 13, 2007
I watched this movie in December 2006. The Christmas Card is the greatest movie that I have ever watched. Christmas is my favorite time of the year. This family attends church. No suggested dialogue, language, violence or sex. How much better can it get. A soldier in Iraq receives a Christmas Card from a stranger and it keeps him going. It is scheduled to air December 2nd at 9 and 11pm. Dec. 7th 9pm and Dec. 25th 7pm on Hallmark Channel.
66 comments| 198 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 19, 2007
I agree fully with the other two people, a great Clean movie, no bad words, no violence, slimy sex. just a wonderful family, I hope that the people that produced and directed this movie make others like this, pleasure to watch this movie and now to beable to add to my all time great movie library I've started. Thanks for the DVD
on December 12, 2007
I know many will find this movie a little "hokey". But since I love "schmaltz" I found it charming. Beautiful scenery (I'd like to go to Nevada City someday). Good casting. Maybe I like the movie so much because the part that Ed Asner plays (the jokester husband/father/mill owner) is very much like my own husband. We laugh ever day! Alice Evans is young and fresh -- the girl next door and the young Sargent Cody Cullen is handsome (the strong, silent type) Most importantly, I want to believe that there are people out there who know how to love, how to be generous and kind and how to make Christmas what it SHOULD be. As an "Army Brat", I am very thankful that this movie is not "bashing" our military (I'm sick of that!). God bless our men and women in every branch of the armed forces who defend and protect us -- I am grateful for their sacrifice and service to our Country. I will watch this movie every year, along with White Christmas, Scrooge, The Bishop's Wife (and several others). Good movie with a happy ending!!!
on March 5, 2017
My wife and I have watched this over and over. The plot, specially the ending, gets kind of corny at times, but that's what you WANT from a Hallmark Christmas movie! The humor elements are just right - some cause me to start laughing before they come up (during our reruns). The overall theme, particularly the constant "comparisons" (demonstrated, not explained) between the characters of the hero and the villain, are humorous, and make this a most-beloved Christmas movie.
on September 28, 2007
Watched this every time it came on TV.... my all-time favorite!!! Great actors, great scenery, great plot. Nice to see wholesome, family-type movies again. In fact, I ordered four which will be Christmas gifts. May order even more. This one sits with my TV and is watched almost every week. Does that say how wonderful this one is????
on January 10, 2009
I bought the Christmas Card to add to my holiday movie collection for my family. It is a heart warming story of a young Christian woman who reaches out to the soldiers in Afghanistan by sending them a Christmas card with a letter about her family and hometown. The soldier who received it visits her hometown when he is sent state side on military leave. He is emotionally and spiritually taken by the town, the woman's family and eventually falls in love with her. There are complications with a fiance in the picture but watch the movie for the great ending.

I highly recommend this movie for your Christmas collection.
on March 20, 2017
Another excellent movie! Even my husband enjoys it ~ I watch it over and over ~ still in March!! :) Love the actors and story line that transcends time and season.
on March 16, 2017
one of my favorite christmas movies. bought some for my grandaughters