Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

Top Contributor: Babyon February 8, 2018
We bought this truck for our son & it has quickly become his FAVORITE toy. It is well-built. The truck box is metal & the rest of the truck is plastic, but not chincy or thin plastic like some trucks. My son has picked up & thrown this truck at least a dozen times without injury to the truck. My son is 12 months old & I feel as though he will get several years of play out of this truck. The only con - if it really is even a con - is that the entire truck tends to lift up off the ground when you use the handle to dump the box. You need to hold down the truck with one hand & use your other hand to pull up on the handle. Younger kids may not have this foresight & tip the entire truck over. Again, not a huge issue, but something I have noticed. Overall, this truck is amazing & well-loved by my son & visiting friends!
review imagereview image
on December 19, 2016
This thing, while it looks impressive, isn't very strong. My two year old was playing with it the other day. He let it roll down the driveway and it ran into our gate and it bent the back edge of the bed. It's a shallow grade, so it didn't have a lot of speed when it hit the gate, yet it still bent it pretty good.

I was at another store the other day and noticed the Tonka truck. The bed of that truck is much sturdier, the metal is thicker, and the edges of the bed are rolled over to provide additional strength. In hindsight I would have gotten the Tonka.

This truck is now $8 cheaper than when I bought it just a month ago, so they must be having a hard time selling them.
on July 22, 2016
This dump truck is a big sized toy truck! My son at 12 months could ride around in the back of it with no problem! He is now about to be two, and still loves the truck. He loves putting dirt or rocks in it and dumping them out elsewhere. I like the fact that most of the material is not plastic. The wheels are plastic but they seem to be a heavy duty type of plastic so I'm not complaining too much. As long as he's happy with it, I'm happy.
3 people found this helpful
on December 21, 2016
The real deal. Dump truck of the year award! Son loves it! Huge and well built.
review imagereview imagereview image
5 people found this helpful
on May 30, 2015
Bought this toy 2 years ago for my grandson. I had to write a review as I realize I rely on reviews for purchasing products on line. This John Deere truck has brought two years of enjoyment to my grandson. He got it when he was 3, he is now 5 and continues to enjoy it. It continues to be his number 1 outdoor toy. It's held everything from dirt, wood, water and sand. It is rugged very well made. I highly recommend it.
review image
16 people found this helpful
on February 28, 2014
Great looking truck, Not sure if it is manufacture defect or it is not as heavy duty as claimed. Brought it from Amazon and have to return and exchange 3 times and all have the same or very similar problem in the truck bed, the soldering between the join at the back of the truck bed came loose exposing the raw metal (half inches). Very sharp edges, potential dangerous for unmonitored kid. Beware.
7 people found this helpful
on June 16, 2011
My son loves trucks (what little boy doesn't?) so when he was 18 months old I got him his first big dump truck. It was a big name brand, made of plastic and cost about $20. He loved it but broke soon thereafter (wheel wouldn't stay on). I bought a different brand with thicker plastic for about $20. He loved it, but it too broke after a couple of months of hauling loads. My son is very active, but not destructive, so my goal was to find a truck that could keep up with him at 2 - and grow with him into boyhood. I found it here! This truck is rugged, hard wearing and strong. My son (who's now almost 3) rides in it, loads it with rocks, pushes it through mud puddles, fills it with water, off roads with it...and it keeps coming back for more! I wish I had invested in it in the beginning and not wasted my money on the other two cheaply made alternatives.
53 people found this helpful
on November 12, 2017
This is a terrific dump truck. It is a lot larger than it appears. It is not ride on size, but pretty big. It is very well made and strong. Also easy to operate. I got it for a 2 year old and he loved it. A very good buy at a good price.
on April 15, 2014
My son is 3 and he's getting this for Easter. We had a $20 plastic truck he loved and subsequently broke - the wheels fell off and the dump bed cracked. We took that truck to the beach every weekend. This replacement truck bed is metal, it's massive and I know he's going to love it! The wheels and cab are plastic, but it appears to be really sturdy. I like the handle on the dump bed. No sharp edges and it keeps the bed in place - doesn't tip back. It's well worth spending a little extra to have a truck that won't fall apart. For our use - sandy beaches - we'll be able to push it, fill it up with dirt, put water in it and wash it off before we head home. Love it. It seems like it could also hold some weight
on August 9, 2015
Last Christmas was the first year my son understood Santa and told him (before me or his father) he wanted a dump truck. I searched for hours for a quality dump truck that my son could load and push around and his father and I chose this.

Lots made of sturdy metal that can hold up to a toddler. It's now August and he plays with this every single day, loading up his toys and pushing it around the house or outside. It's the perfect size for my now 3 year old.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.