Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno

• Customer Reviews

Showing 1-10 of 486 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 546 reviews
on December 7, 2014
Cinnamon chases and torments Rita relentlessly, especially when I'm not there to intervene, to the point where poor Rita is losing weight because Cinnamon won't let her eat. Naturally, this is unacceptable. I bought a condo so Rita can have her own space to be able to sleep, eat, drink, and use the bathroom in peace.

The condo is sturdier than those made by Midwest. The gauge of the wires is thicker and the whole thing has a more durable feel. Putting it together was a snap. I only wish they offered a cage with epoxy coated wires instead of just silver.

UPDATE: I rehomed Rita to a household where she's the only cat and she's much happier, sitting on laps to her heart's content.

I now have four of these condos. I keep the doors pinned open and the cats like to hang out and take naps in them. The last cat tree I bought was a piece of junk and a waste of money, but I know these condos will last forever.
review image
44 comments| 145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 16, 2016
This is the best money I ever spent. We live on a military base and the cats are not allowed to roam. My two boys love their cage (we call it a playhouse). The instructions say not to put outside, but this has held up well with no rust for over a year underneath an outdoor covered lanai. I have placed bathroom rugs on the shelves for comfort and placed rubber shelf liner under the shelves to make them let noisy and bouncy. I also have an awning (left over from a previous outdoor pay area, the kitty walk, which could not stand up to Hawaii sun and moisture ) that I use as a sun shade. depending on time of day and heat, I also have an old sail cloth shower curtain I place over one side to block the Hawaii sun. They spend hours there (always supervised) lounging, napping, watching the birds, bugs, geckos. I can tell they feel safe there as they often lay on their backs exposing tummies. Sometimes the clasps which connect the base come undone, so I always check them before I put the boys in the playhouse. My cats are huge, both over 20 pounds and it does rattle when they go from shelf to shelf, but nothing major. They usually don't want to come inside, I have to shake a bag of cat treats to get them in
on May 26, 2014
We have a multiple cat household and a white cat around nine years old named Isis. Over the past year she has pretty much isolated herself from the other cats, staying in our downstairs bedroom for awhile under the bed and then on a nearby window porch only getting down to use the litter box and eat. Then things got really bad for her as the other cats starting picking on her and she was too afraid to come down off the perch. We purchased this cage for her so she will have a safe space to eat, sleep and poo in peace and almost immediately we saw a difference in her, she was calmer and more relaxed. The cage itself is a great size and we have hers in the guest bedroom close to the window. The perches are roomy and she doesn't have any difficulty getting to and from the levels. She has no desire to come out and it's driving the other cats crazy...she has all the cool stuff with her own litter box, scratch post, food including fresh grown catnip and a sleeping level with a soft and cuddly pad. Isis is in a great place and she has plenty of space, she is about a 9 pounds, and loves her new house.
22 comments| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2015
I now have 4 of these (cat rescue person). They are roomy, the shelves are big enough to fit a good sized bed on the top shelf (for summer leaving the top shelf empty for a cool space and hanging a hammock for snuggly/warm space is a good idea), food in the middle and a relatively large litter box will go through the bottom door well. It does shake a bit when a larger cat jumps between shelves and the plastic clips at the base have been known to pop open from time to time and need to be reclipped.... but I've had other 3-tiered pens and this one has worked out the best so far.

A couple of bits of advice: 1. I recommend not assembling as shown in the photo -- put the upper shelves by the doors, not on the other side of the pen -- that way you can access the cat(s) and shelves, not open space. 2. Reinforcing the connections with inexpensive plastic slip ties can help with stability.
on January 10, 2011
After almost half a year being terrorized by the kitten from hell, this IRIS 3-Tier Cat Cage has rescued me! I named my black kitten Sony, after my love for their brand of shiny, black, quality electronics. Imagine my broken heart when I came home to a scratched up 55" inch Bravia, courtesy of the little devil.

A few complaints:

1. The box it came in looked like it had fought with a trash compactor and lost. Holes everywhere, corners severely frayed, shipping tape coming off it, almost unsealed! Had I not been so desperate to contain the handmaiden of Satan tearing up my apartment, I would've sent it back immediately.

2. The instructions don't clearly tell you how to use the wire fasteners. I was frustrated for a good 30 - 45 minutes trying to figure out how to get them to work properly. Once I figured it out, however, the rest was smooth sailing.

So eager was I that I had the 2nd floor of the cage backwards! But this was a small setback; once you figure out how to fasten and unfasten the rest of the assembly is a cinch! Should've taken me about 30 mins to setup, had I not been fiddling with the fastener for so long!

The GREAT NEWS:

Once assembled, I locked Sony in it. He clawed, he climbed, he dug, he chewed; but his attempts at escape were FUTILE! MWAHAHAHA! He has since given up his fight, and is sleeping in it as I type this.

This cage is HUGE. It is taller than me (I am 5'6" with shoes on). To put it into perspective, I have a large enclosure type litter on the bottom floor, food and water on the 2nd floor, and a bed and scratching post on the top floor. My kitten is a big guy and can leap onto kitchen counter tops without a head start, so he's comfortable leaping from floor to floor.

It is VERY sturdy! Sony jumped onto the wall of the cage; I'm sure that in his conniving and terrorizing kitten mind, he had imagined it would tip over. It did NOT. The IRIS 3 Tier Cage held its ground!

I have had this cage assembled for the passed 3 hours. I am convinced that it is worth every penny I spent on it, and I only wish that I had trusted my instincts and bought this BEFORE trusting my kitten to my apartment.
3131 comments| 229 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon May 4, 2012
We have several cats and two dogs. I am COMPULSIVE about my house smelling clean and it does. (I am always happy to hear workmen come in or strangers see the cats and are shocked to find out we have five and there is NO smell) Our cat Pepper recently started peeing at all the doors and though he had been fixed we could not figure this out since he used the litter box as well.

The vet had ruled out anything medical and thankfully he would pee on things I could toss out like dog beds, throw rugs and area rugs but it gets expensive replacing those and buying cleaner! I finally had enough. The vet thinks it is because of some of the neighborhood cats that do show up on our deck from time to time and Pepper is marking his territory.. regardless of the reason for the behavior issue we needed to stop it.

We didn't want to put down a healthy wonderful family member.. we adore him, giving him away was not an option since I would worry someone may abuse him for this behavior if it continued or he would spend his life in a small cage. We can't make him an outdoor cat, as he is declawed and we are in a busy suburb.

I wracked my brain and then started wondering about crating him.. I searched the internet and found this.. It is FANTASTIC.. He does like it although his cat "buddy" in the house keeps petting him through the wires, however he is out when we are home and can keep an eye on him, I work from home so he is out then as well but its nice to come home and not have to inspect rugs, hardwoods, dog beds and doors! (thank goodness he never got to the furniture and he is not allowed in bedrooms)

The downside.. assembly is ridculous.. the drawings in Japanese don't match the drawings in the English page and none of them even address the clips where it makes any remote sense. The clips made NO sense and the directions were little help.

We finally called our neighbor who can assemble anything and he even had issues with the clips.. ABC Pet Plaza does not have a phone number but an email which doesnt help if you are standing in the middle of a living room with the pieces everywhere. After about an hour and a half or so of head scratching and muttering they finally got it assembled. Once that was done it it nice and roomy and I am so glad it comes in white so it blends with my kitchen area doors. They need to put an assembly video on YouTube. I just added a photo of my cat Pepper to the collection on this page.

I would recommend it HIGHLY it has saved our sanity and Pepper can stay in a home he is loved in and we can keep our rugs and sanity! If you have this issue or need a cat confined its perfect.

Pepper weighs around ten pounds, I have seen no issues with him being able to get on the shelves he did fall backwards the first few times however.. It is easy to customise and the three doors are WONDERFUL.. easy access to what you need.. you can put bedding, rugs bowls and a nice litter box (I recommend Breeze, again NO smell since the pee pads are UNDER the box) its a great design.

Shipping was SUPER FAST, I ordered this on a Monday and arrived that Thursday of the same week. ONE thing though.. if you go to the website you do see the product listed cheaper and then they add the shipping.. here it says 144.00 and free shipping but that is the exact same price on their site with the shipping, it took me a minute to realize it was the same item just without the shipping.

UPDATE

we have had this for a while now and I can't tell you how much the cats love it. I have a carpet on the second shelf and bedding on top.. when I open it to let Pepper out when I am home it becomes a CAT hang out.. the other cats rush to it like its opening day at the park.. they hang out and even Pepper doesn't bother to leave.. it is by a door so they can all see out and get comfy in suns spots.. but this has turned out even better then I hoped for our situation.. also I notice now even when Pepper is out he returns to THIS crate and uses the box now.. this is a very good thing!!! One of our cats wont' leave the crate if it is sunny so I lock it up with him and Pepper both in there and they seem just fine. Again I would strongly recommend!
review image review image
1010 comments| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 15, 2015
I purchased two of these cages, one for my home and one for my parents' home when I take the kittens along with me for a visit. I have had them for 4 months. I use them as a barricade in doorways and hallways to keep my two kittens in certain parts of the house. The cage was fairly easy to assemble, but I did have trouble figuring out how to orient the clips at the seams. Once I mastered the orientation, I was able to place the clips in a short period of time. I will say, I had to use some muscle to snap the clips into place. My father, who is much stronger than me, was very helpful for this task.
The cage is very sturdy, easy to move, and stays where you leave it. I have only wooden floors, so I can't speak to the ease of movement on carpeted floors, although I imagine that it would take slightly more effort to move the cage. The doors are very easy to open and close. I find that two hands work best when rolling the cage, and I am able to move the cage with one hand into its exact desired position in the hall or doorway. The doors are very secure and are easy to open and close. When I received my kittens at 2.5 months old, they were unable to jump from one level to the next, so I placed boxes turned upside down on the lower two levels. This enabled the kittens to easily leap from level to level, and at 3 months old they no longer needed the boxes. Now that they are six months old, my two kittens fit easily on each shelf. Even when they are adult-sized, they will fit easily on the same shelf.
I leave the bottom door open so the kittens can freely come and go, but I leave the top two doors closed so they don't jump from a high level. They play and sleep in the cage throughout the day, and usually stay on the top level to look out windows or to have the higher perspective that cats like to have. They really like being in the cage, and I don't have any problem containing them in the cage because they walk right in as I approach the cage. A small litter box fits nicely under the middle shelf, which is helpful if I want to contain the kittens while I am out. I also purchased, from a pet supply store, two stainless steel bowls for food and water, with flexible bowl frames to attach the bowls to the side of the cage.
The cage is easy to clean. I can wipe the shelves easily, but since I use bath towels on each level, I just need to vacuum up the litter from their paws that accumulates under the towel. I use a hand-held vacuum with the detail pointed attachment to clean the bottom level for the litter that accumulates within the cage base next to the plastic shelf.
I highly recommend this cage. It is sturdy, safe, easy to clean, fun for the kittens, and convenient for me to flexibly contain them in the house.
on March 2, 2011
I ordered The three tier cage (for two cats) thinking the cage was going to be a lot smaller. I was worried about how the cats were going to do and whether or not the cage would be worth my time and money. Well it was!

Pros:
This cage is very study! It make move a little if the cat scratches himself or jumps to another tier other than that small movement this cage could stand up to anything! It is very tough and durable I am sure it could even work as a traveling cage. Though I don't know many people that take cats on vacation but I would want to!

The cage is reversible! This was one thing that I was worried about. One of the doors was right up against my hanging closet, so in other words it was never going to open. I did a quick switch and the door is now on the other side of the cage and I can still reach the cat in the upper tier.

The tiers are large! I was looking at other cages for my cats and they were so small of levels. I thought they would just fall off! These levels fit two cats. I placed a Kuddle Kup Faux Suede for Cats - 23" x 18" - Sage on each level and it fit beautifully!

You can add many levels or expand your cage! If you have time and talent you could easily expand the cage for more tiers or or space. The set up of the cage is so simple that each of the parts could be used elsewhere and put together differently. Though you would have extra parts left you easily could create your own cats paradise.

Most litter boxes will fit! Now if you have a litter box with a top on it it most likely will not fit but any litter boxes that do not have a lid fit easily in and out of the large bottom door.

The doors have a very good latch system! The doors are shut using pins that can even function to hold the door open so you don't have a swinging door.

It has wheels! My goodness this saved my life. This thing is heavy and if it didn't have wheels there was no way I would have been able to drag this. The wheels also have stoppers which work wonders so the cage doesn't move at all.

Cons:

It is expensive! I guess you are paying for the sturdiness of the cage but my goodness it that expensive! But I'd say well worth the safety of my kitties!

The bottom door is huge! I mean HUGE! So you would have to have enough space around the bottom to be able to open and close it. Also the bottom door does no have a place to hold it open so it may get in the way.

It is HUGE! This was one of the main problems when I got it home. It was tall and bulky. So with easy maneuvers i managed to fit it in my room. If you are looking for a cage to fit in a perfect little spot make sure to check the measurements and an an inch around just to be safe! This is NOT a small cage.

With all that aside this cage was amazing and had great elbow room for my kitties! I will be adding pictures to show how I set up my cage and how much room it gives them. I am very please with my purchase and plan to buy another one!
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on August 18, 2015
Works great for feral cats, and served my purpose perfectly. Went up easy and came down just as easy. I put the corner liter box in the bottom and was able to put 2 hammocks in it. The picture shows one hammock, the other one I put below the top shelf.
on July 17, 2016
IRIS 3-Tier Wire Cat Cage
Purchased this about 2 months ago and am using on the deck with some easy modifications. It has not rusted yet, although it is made for inside use, I believe. Others have commented on putting it together ...it's a trip but once you learn how to use the joiners, it's great, although I've already forgotten how to do it. Anyway it is holding up well, but I replaced the loose plastic trays with a heavy rubber welcome mat, cut in half to fit on each shelf, and one whole welcome mat that lays across the top, to provide shade. I drilled holes in the plastic tray on the bottom for rain water drainage. I use a fleece pad on each shelf, that I bring out and take in with the kitty (rubber pad would be a little harsh). It took a little while for her to adjust but now she likes it and "asks" to go out throughout the day. I have no litter pan in there because she stays out for short periods of time, no more than an hour and a half at a time. I sit out there often with her and our dog because it's a great deck that looks out on a metro park and there are a lot of birds and wildlife. I'm attaching pics of the IRIS and of the pads that I use. This "catio" can be pushed around easily on the deck because of the castors. My cat is only 6.2 pounds; she uses all 3 shelves avoiding or seeking sun and shade, but seems to like the top shelf best.
review image review image review image review image