Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Midnight Mist Audio Tower
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Joseph Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports STEM

on July 9, 2013
I was looking for an attractive, sturdy and roomy A/V rack to house my home theater equipment, and decided to give this a try. It was a GREAT decision. It easily fit three 90-pound power amplifiers, 1 pre/pro amplifier and my Blu-ray player.

More details below:

1. This was big enough to house all of my A/V components with the exception of my PC and XBOX. My XBOX will actually fit if I place it on top of another component, but I decided to have it stand next to the rack.

2. This rack gives each component room to breathe. Each of my five components have good space above and behind for air to flow, which makes me feel better about heat dissipation and wear/tear.

3. The unit looks beautiful.

4. The unit is simple to put together. You will need someone to help you hold pieces in place, but it can be assembled quickly (30 mins or so). It also comes with the tools you need to assemble it.

5. The unit feels fairly strong and the tempered glass seems feels equally as strong. My 90-pound amps don't seem to phase it at all.

6. The back cord strip does a nice job hiding the cords from front views. It look much neater than my previous entertainment center.

7. Awesome value for the price.

Would HIGHLY recommend this for folks looking for something that looks great, is sturdy and can fit A/V separates.
review image review image
on September 27, 2013
This beast is 91LBS and is not something that I am concerned about falling over. I spent a loooong time debating on the benefits of having one of these towers versus using the TV stand that I currently have in the living room. Everything came to a head one day after I had upgraded my speakers and my Receiver went into power protect mode because it didn't have enough room to breathe when it was in my TV stand. I don't have much to compare it to outside of the $800+ range (my father has a really nice AV tower), but I will definitely say that I am pleased with how this product functions and it is well worth the investment if you're like me and need to get something under $300 to save yourself the headache of purchasing a new receiver.

Some notes on the various aspects of this AV Tower:

The description states that the shelving is: Distances between shelves: top shelf=7 3/4"; two center shelves=9 1/4"; and bottom shelf=8 7/8"
This is incorrect. I took a measuring tape to my AV tower and found that each shelf has 9.5" between them.

Putting it together: I cannot personally say how difficult this is to do. It's HEAVY, but my 110 LBS girlfriend put it together for me and she said that it took her about an hour because she lost the allen wrench and had to tear apart the living room to find it.
- I have read some reviews on here where people mention that they had a lot of trouble putting the suction cups on this product. She circumvented this issue by using the alen wrench to push the suction cups in. She said that it worked really well and made it a lot easier/faster.

Cable Management: This is probably the weirdest misnomer on this product. There is no "cable management." There are holes in the back where you let the cables hang and can zip tie them yourself if you want them "managed." The odd plastic/tie down device shown in the pictures did not come with my AV tower and nothing in the 4 page instruction booklet indicates that it should have.
- The unit itself hides cables well if you have something on the bottom shelf and use zip ties, or something along those lines to keep the cables together. Personally, I had a decent amount of excess speaker cable bunched up in the back (in case I need to pull out the receiver to work on it or change speaker cable, etc.) and I found that it hides it well due to the low to the ground construction and the slightly tinted glass/Receiver at the bottom.

Looks: As many other reviewers have stated, it looks really nice. It's got a more rugged texture to the black front and back frame pieces than I had expected, but that's not a bad thing. Additionally, the glass is a bit more clear than it looks in the pictures. I didn't really notice this until I had it sitting in front of me. Again, it's not a bad thing, but it's something that someone else might care about. Overall, I think this piece matches my living room better than I had expected.

Sturdiness: Here's the whole reason that we all invest so much time in reading reviews. We want to know if the tower is going to break down and leave all of our expensive equipment dead on the floor. I can say that this tower is solid. I have moved it myself and have done so with a friend helping. You would have to throw quite a bit of energy at this guy to force it to fall over. It would be pretty difficult to find a more stable tower. With that said, if you are looking for a tower that has wheels this does not. I currently have this tower sitting on a area rug in the living room and there are no stability issues - despite the fact that my rug has a pattern than includes varying levels of carpet (ie some places it's very short and very long in others) and it's nearly impossible to have something sit on it that's light.

Overall:
Well worth the $230 that I paid for it. I would believe that this product goes for a higher value elsewhere. I don't often feel that way about the "markdowns" that amazon provides, but this product really does live up to the good reviews.

I will update this as time goes by to allow other reviewers a fair shake before they purchase this. Feel free to leave a comment if you have a question. I will do my best to get to it to help you out.
on January 31, 2010
The Bush Midnight Mist Audio Tower is handome and sturdy. It fits in with anything in the room. Audio components easily fit and the cord cover in the back is a great idea. A caution here is that it definitely needs 2 people to assemble it. That is not the major problem. The Bush Company could stand tighter quality control standards in aligning the drill holes for the screws. Some of them were too tight and had to be "worked" larger. (Those are metal components, not wood.) One screw hole was so poorly misaligned the scew would only fit halfway in crooked fashion. It took considerable "grunt work" just to do that. Luckily, in this case, it faces the back of the unit. The workmanship of the drill holes was a large disappointment and caused much unecessary work. Outside of that, it's a top notch audio cabinet that will stand for years and continue to look sharp.
on November 21, 2010
Bought this item back in 2005. It is heavily used and abused. We have moved three (3) times, re-tasked it numerous times, and have given it only a small amount of attention (dusting).
It is still scratch free, both metal and glass, and very sturdy. Currently it holds a 26" TV and a medium sized printer. Steady, solid-as-a-rock.
Metal wire guide in back is not flimsy and has stood up well to our abuse.
If you need something like this, get it. We keep finding uses for it. It is still as beautiful as the day we bought it.
on March 4, 2008
If you have several components in your home theater or audio system, this tower is great with its 5 shelves. The shelves are not adjustable but I found the space provided for each shelf sufficient as it was, allowing enough room for the components that give off heat. The holes in the back help organize all the wires somewhat so they're not a complete mess. The metal frame is fairly sturdy and the shelves thick tempered glass; despite that, it's easy to move around when needed. The only slight negative about the design is that the clamps which help hold the shelves in place are only on one side of the unit, which surprised me. It seems that the suction cups on the rods that stick to the shelves do a fine job of holding them in place though. I've had no problems with the unit at all. Be sure when you get it that you have help though - the package is very heavy and requires two people to move.
on January 9, 2011
This unit is great. It looks great, and it went together quickly and easily, and they include all of the tools (two allen wrenches) you need.

There were only two 'gotchas' I ran into during assembly: first, pay attention to the pictures in the instructions and make sure you actually take note of the part letters and numbers. There are two parts ("A" and "B" -- the black side U posts) that look almost identical, except for three screw holes at the top. The instructions don't point that out, but the picture does show the differences. Second, the little clamps on the side that hold the glass in place -- the glass rests on suction cups that are surprisingly strong, but they won't keep the glass from sliding out on the sides. These clamps are too big for the glass and don't really lock it in place like the pictures in the instructions show. Focus on clamping the clamp to the glass and not to the chrome bars, and you'll be fine -- the glass will still be locked into place, even though it looks kind of strange. Obvious tip: put the clamp side on the side you'll see the least. :)
on April 3, 2014
I bought this to show off my vintage Marantz equipment, and I am very pleased with it. It is HEAVY, which is not a bad thing in my estimation. I have put a lot of Bush stuff together over the years, and I have to say that this was the easiest one so far. I did not experience any misaligned hardware as some posters have noted. As with all Bush furniture, it pays to leave all the fasteners loose as the instructions suggest, and then stand the unit up on it's feet to square it up and tighten everything when installation is complete. For those interested, here are actual measurements for the shelves; From the floor up, the first three shelves are each 9" high; the fourth shelf is 7 5/8" from the glass to the black cross brace, and 10 5/8" to the underside of the top glass shelf. The spacing between the chrome tubes in the front and back is 18 5/8" across, and 18" front to back. The top glass shelf is 25 5/8" w x 22" d, and all the other shelves are 22" w x 17 5/8" d. I have a Marantz 2285 receiver in a wood cabinet measuring 18 1/2" w x 15" d x 6 7/8" h on the second shelf down and it fits perfectly. I post these measurements because I couldn't find them even on Bush's site, and you need to know them to decide if this stand will work for you.
on September 27, 2013
This is a super nice audio stand... wish it had a couple more shelves but none the less its nice and very sturdy. I'm using it to hold a heavy vintage stereo receiver (pioneer sx-1050). BTW, as an FYI, its not clear in any of the documentation for this stand but the maximum width of your equipment can be no wider than 18.75 inches for the lower shelves to be "visually unobstructed". My equipment is about 20" wide and a little bit of my stereo (left & right front edges) are slightly visually obstructed by the chrome rods that run vertically just inside of the front (and rear) legs. You can see these chrome rods in the picture, they run up to the top shelf... just thought I'd mention that. The depth of the stand was no problem.
on July 13, 2012
I am very pleased with this item. Putting it together was very easy. The Glass is secured with clips. It's extremly sturdy. I combined it with LapWorks 15" Heavy Duty Swivel so my 42" flat screen is on the top. I love the whole set up and have 0 complaints. will update further if I find one. Will add a pic when I get a chance.
review image review image
on April 3, 2016
Being allergic to most assemble yourself furniture, I set out to find an audio rack made exclusively of metal and glass. One that was heavy and stable enough for my vintage turntable to ride on top. This one ticked all those boxes and at a mere $185 shipped Prime directly from Amazon.

At 91 lbs it's a beast, but by myself and taking my sweet time, I had it together within an hour. Went together very well. No missing parts. I did use a more robust 4mm L wrench than the one included because I had it on hand.

It's an absolute work of art and the pics do in no justice! I cut 4 pieces from a mouse pad to further isolate the stand from my hardwood floor and allow it to slide.

It housed all my A/V components with a unused shelf to spare:

Turntable
Phono Preamp
5-Disc CD Changer
1-Disc CD Player
Bluray Player
A/V Receiver
Bluetooth Adapter

It does a fair job of concealing wires, mine is a birdsnest and that reflects my shortcomings, not the stands.

This is a BEAUTIFUL component rack. I'm proud to own it, and I'd recommend it to everyone!