Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 130 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 140 reviews
on September 1, 2012
I was quite impressed on how the Drill and case was packed when I received it and put it on charge as soon as it was unpacked . Didn't get a chance to use the drill for a few weeks until my sister moved and was installing some wall mounts for two TV's. The first unit went just fine with no problems and about 3/4 of the way thru the second unit the drill started smoking and sparks were coming from the back of the drill . So much for that drill . Contacted Amazon and within one day had the return papers to send it back and they were sending me another drill kit . Worked out fine as they received the defective drill the same day as I got my new one . Haven't had a chance to use the new one yet ( one month already ) but hoping to soon . Great customer service Amazon . Roger MartinDEWALT DC759KA 18-Volt NiCad 1/2-Inch Cordless Drill/Driver Kit
on May 11, 2017
I love this drill and all its features, six years later it still looks and works like new. Always been a DeWalt fan
on November 13, 2012
I finally replaced my 14-year old DeWalt with this model. After using this drill for the first time my only thought was why I didn't order this sooner. The first thing I did with the drill was run some new electrical cable in my basement. I used a 3/4" spade bit to drill holes through 2x10 joists and it was like a knife through hot butter. The light on the drill was really useful and the clutch provides great control and stops the bit on a dime. I then used it to pre-drill holes in some wood trim and it worked great on the small stuff just like the large stuff. The case that comes with the drill is a little less robust then my old case but that seems to be par for the course these days with most manufacturers.
on July 16, 2012
I should have bought one of these years ago. I live in a home with brick walls, so I got this in order to install a TV mount. On previous projects I had spent hours grinding away with masonry bits using my "regular" corded high power drill. This cordless hammer drill was able to do all the drilling for the project in seconds, and then use the variable torque to drive the Tapcons without stripping.

The set comes with two 18v batteries and a smart charger, so it should have plenty of power for my needs. The charger can do a fast charge of a battery in an hour, and then if you leave it plugged in overnight it will do a more thorough job of restoring and maintaining the battery.

The drill has a variable speed trigger, a torque selector, and a switch between high/low speed. The chuck is keyless. When you squeeze the trigger an LED flashlight lights up the work. The one thing I wish they added would be a bubble level.
on April 12, 2013
This drill has a really solid feel to it. I picked it up because I needed to drill into masonry and the percussion feature is just right for breaking up and removing brick and cement. I have been very happy with its performance.

The adjustment for torque and hammer on/off are simple, as is the high and low speed feature. It makes it easy to achieve the same drill depth on screws again and again.

I agree with other posters about the drill light. Rather than having it on the battery pack (near the base), Dewalt has located it above the pistol grip. The chuck is *always* shading the drill location, so the light is of limited usefulness.
on April 22, 2013
I bought this drill on 9/2012, and not used it very much. Last week, 04/15/13, I started to build a 8ft x 8ft pergola in my back yard, and this drill was so good. And today, 04/22/13, the drill behaved so different. It ran so slow even at the drill setting...

I found out the black Variable Switch on top of the drill, which looked like a decoration when I overlooked, was in the slow speed setting.
Changed to 5 stars from 1.
on June 15, 2011
Once again, Amazon and DeWalt omitted key information from the item description. I bit on the daily special on this drill kit. I have several DeWalt 18V tools and thought I was getting two new batteries and an almost free drill. My old drill does not have the LED work light, which looked useful. The description said, "What's in the Box: DC725KA 18-Volt Compact Cordless Hammer Drill Kit, two 18-volt NiCad batteries, one-hour NiCad charger, and kit box."

I know that two new standard NiCad 18V batteries cost almost as much as the special price on the drill kit, so it looked like a good buy. But the kit arrived today and the batteries are the "compact" DC9099 size with black tops. The DC9099 is rated 1.7 Amp hours and has a one year warranty. These batteries are smaller and lighter (and shorter lived) than the standard batteries. The standard 18V NiCad is DC9096 with yellow top and is rated 2.4 Amp hours and has a two year warranty. Oddly enough, today's price on the batteries at Amazon is higher for the smaller battery than for the standard size. Amazon sells the smaller battery by itself, but the DeWalt website does not. DeWalt also fails to explain the battery warranty difference clearly unless you try to get a replacement for a failed battery.

The new DC9180 Lithium ion batteries are said to be superior to the NiCad batteries, though they still only have 2.4 Amp hours and a two year warranty. They certainly cost more, so I hope they last longer. I guess if I buy a DeWalt drill with the LED feature, I might as well get the new Li-Ion model.

This DC725KA is going back to Amazon, never used. I did try out the light. It worked, and is probably worth having when drilling in an unlit place.
33 comments| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2012
Grabbed this as a 'Gold Box' deal a few months ago and have put it through a ton of punishment on our new house. The drill has a ton of power/torque and has no problem going through anything (using good, high-end bits). The drill is heavy in the case but the feel of it in hand is perfect (best balance of any other drill I've used). The batteries last a good time (it comes with two) so you'll never be left short of finishing a job and when they die you can upgrade to the new(er) Li batteries. The batteries are interchangeable with a whole line if products so you can piece together your own 'combo pack' and save some $$$ (i.e. the sawzaw and circular saw are only $90 a piece if you get the tools only). I would def recommend this to anyone that needs a serious drill for heavy DIY projects.
on March 22, 2012
This is a quality drill with tons of power!! I bought this drill as a Christmas gift for my husband, who might I add is very picky when it comes to his power tools, and he raves about it!! It's no surprise that the quality on this drill is very high, being a dealt product. This drill is very powerful and very easy to use!! The LED light is a wonderful touch and makes using it even easier!! The battery lasts a lot longer than the other drills we have purchased in the past also!! A quality five star drill in mine, and my picky husbands book!! One I would definitely recommend as a nice addition to your work bench!!
I purchased this drill as a daily special and got a great price on it. I own other Dewalt products but I did not have a hammer drill. For less than $100, I got the drill, two 18 volt DC9099 NiCAD batteries, a charger stand and a nice carrying case.

The batteries in this kit cost about the same as I paid for the entire kit so it was a great buy. The batteries are not the XRP type for extended use but I own other Dewalt tools and the 18 volt batteries are interchangeable. I also like the LED light on the drill for working in tight low light conditions like inside of cabinets.

The drill has plenty of torque and the hammer feature helps drive screws or drills deep into hard wood or concrete. This is a great tool at an even better price.