Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 439 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 525 reviews
on January 18, 2016
This movie brings to light how hard it can be being a younger sibling...especially if you feel like you're hiding in someone's shadows. I thought it was a great concept for a Christmas movie because you never really think of Santa as having siblings...our family outside of the elves and Mrs.Clause for that matter. I thought this movie would be great for everyone of all ages as there really weren't any parts that were inappropriate for kids. I love that Vince Vaughn was cast in this movie as he's one of my favorite across and he plays a very funny part. I would watch this movie over and over again! Great film, in my honest opinion!
on December 3, 2015
I have a few "favorite" Christmas time movies, and this is one of them. I have finally broken down and purchased the DVD. The movie is touching, as you see the Claus family interact, and how perceived trauma's of childhood can carry to adulthood (Vince and Kevin). Vince Vaughn is a master at these types of movies. Just look at his body of work. I consider him a younger Rob Reiner. And, if you need more incentive, in addition to Vince Vaughn, look at the cast! Paul Giamatti, Kevin Spacey, Rachel Weisz, John Higgins and Kathy Bates, (just to name a few). How can it miss? All I can say is, sit back with your bowl of popcorn, and enjoy the movie. You won't be disappointed.

This is an update to my review. Although this is still one of my favorite movies, when I played it the other night, I found it was damaged. I carefully wiped it down, but it still had "errors". The movie was sealed, and was not used. I did not contact Amazon or the seller, since it was going to be more trouble than it was worth to return it. Hope others have a better experience.
on December 17, 2008
I went into this movie with low expectations to be honest, thinking it was just a silly story about Santa having a jealous brother. But from the very beginning when they showed the boys together from the time Santa was born, I was hooked! They actually did some development of the characters, relationships, and why people sometimes turn out the way they turn out to be due to adversity, misunderstandings, etc. There were funny moments and demonstrations of true unconditional love. Even the character who was not the "sainted" Santa, Santa's brother Fred, was able to deliver an important lesson to Santa and make Santa realize the error of his ways, which is EVERY CHILD DESERVES A PRESENT AT CHRISTMAS, there are really no "bad" children, just children who have done bad things because they haven't received enough love. The North Pole Santa's workshop, etc. scenes also looked completely professional, as good as the "Santa Clause" series of movies. Excellent special effects, looked like they spared no expense here. I know why it's rated PG but since Santa doesn't look like your typical cutesy jolly soul, and since the messages are a little bit mature, I wouldn't recommend watching it with your 3 year old. My 10 year old daughter and I enjoyed it thorougly and decided this will be a family favorite when Junior is asleep!
on November 30, 2013
I wanted to add an inexpensive movie to our Christmas collection but didn't expect much. We were very pleasantly surprised by the film and enjoyed the characters and situations, especially Paul Giamatti's somewhat depressed and run-down Santa, who's let the years get to him until his bad boy big brother shows up to take advantage of his little brother. When Fred turns the North Pole upside down with his shenanigans, the Malevolent efficiency expert played by Kevin Spacey plots his own revenge on the hapless Santa Claus. Of course, all turns out well in the end.
on January 11, 2017
Yes I know, it's predictable and a bit sappy......but hey; that's what the Christmas season is all about.
Vince Vaughn is his usual likable self and Paul Giamatti is just wonderful as Santa Claus.
The sets are great, the supporting cast only helps the movie, and so, if you just want to sit down
and be entertained during the holidays and not preached to or made feeling sad, this
is one of those movies you can go to and have your children or Grandchildren watch with you
without having to "explain" certain things.
on January 26, 2016
I really liked this movie when I first saw. It's not a movie I can watch over and over however. Vince Vaughn plays it over the top, as usual I guess, and it gets a bit wearing the 3rd or 4th time around. But some of the best lines of the movie aren't his, and so I still find fun to watch on occasion.

But this is the first Christmas movie that I can recall that introduces the idea that Santa has a family and extended family at that. Plus the movie does not play down to silly stupid in the second half as a number of other Santa movies I could name do. So for the notion of Santa having a family, this is one I wanted for my granddaughter to see.
on December 29, 2016
Very entertaining. Great cast too! The end is our favorite part (where they gather round the snow globe to watch all the kids open their presents!) The song played at the end (Silent Night, sung by Sinéad O'Connor) Is the most beautiful rendition of that song ever!
on March 2, 2017
Funny movie and good one to add to our holidays collection. We watch a new Christmas movie every year together as a family.
on April 4, 2017
Have to watch it if you love Vince Vaughn.
on January 29, 2014
One of my favorite holiday movies, it's required viewing around the holidays at my house. The casting of Paul Giamatti was a bit of an odd choice for Santa Claus, not that I don't like him - he just Doesn't seem right as St. Nick somehow. Vince Vaughan does his fast-talking used car salesman routine that he does so well (and so often). But it's a good story and the ending features a montage of kids opening their presents that will bring a tear to the eye of any parent who has happy memories of their own little ones tearing into the packages on Christmas day. I'm glad I made the upgrade to Blu-Ray - the picture and sound quality was a noticable improvement over the DVD.