Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

• Elf
  • Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 4,940 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,681 reviews
No, it isn't Citizen Kane. But it's one of the best 'feel good' movies that is entertaining for all ages.

A baby in an orphanage sneaks into Santa's bag, winding up at the North Pole. The diaper tag reads 'Little Buddy Diapers' so it is assumed by the elves that his name is Buddy. Adopted and raised by the hilariously deadpan Bob Newhart, Buddy becomes suspicious when it becomes clear that he isn't quite like all the other elves.
Off to New York he goes, to connect with his biological father. One problem...

Dad's on the NAUGHTY list!

Child-like and without malice of any sort, Will Farrell's Buddy reminds us of the beauty of innocence and kindness.

Well, perhaps not always beautiful, as a naive Buddy tries to hug a city hardened raccoon!
Or find common ground with 'an angry little elf'. That particular scene is so memorably funny that when faced with negative people, my sweetie and I look at each other and say in unison, "He's an ANGRY little elf!"

Christmas classic that is fun all year round. Cheers!
on April 23, 2017
Will Ferrell is way too big to be an elf. Its just unbelievable. He even towers over Santa.
Borderline sacrilegious, Elf imagines a human being raised in Santa's workshop and then re-integrated into human socieity.
Ludicrous.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 19, 2016
This movie is amazing. You should also note this is appropriate for all ages, unlike other Will Ferrell movies. Basically "Elf" (Will) is a baby that is raised by Santa and Elves and he doesn't realize he isn't an elf. (Despite he is several feet taller than all his buddies and stinks at making toys.) When he finds out from Santa he's adopted, Elf sets out on a trip to find his father. A grown man thinking he is an Elf in the city turns into lots of adventures, and ***spoiler alert*** he ends up having to help save Christmas. A great family movie that is heartfelt yet completely hilarious!!
VINE VOICEon December 7, 2015
Elf is a little old, but it's a Will Ferrel Christmas classic. A little baby gets into Santa's bag and gets taken home and raised as an elf. He is given a snow globe of New York as a keepsake of his "real" past. Then, as an adult, Buddy (W.F.) gets sent to New York to meet his real family and learn who he is. That doesn't change the fact that all Buddy knows is that he's an elf so of course, his North Pole antics drive everyone crazy and hilarity ensues.
on December 14, 2013
Amazon provides no details as to what comes in the 10th Anniversary edition. For anyone interested, it comes with the same exact Blu-Ray disk found in the regular Elf Blu-Ray; no differing aspect ratio or picture quality differences, even uses the same picture on the front of the disk as found on the original. A DVD version which includes tons of special features, an Ultraviolet Download code, and lastly a CD containing a 5 song sampling of the Elf Movie Soundtrack. Why the whole soundtrack isn't included in the 10th anniversary edition is beyond me. Blu-ray and Dvd is encased in a nice steelbook.
This was an easy buy for me since I'm a huge Elf fan and didn't have the movie on Blu-Ray. Those who wish to simply have a copy of the Elf and nothing more, stick with the original DVD/Blu-Ray.
on March 14, 2017
First time I showed my retired mother this film I thought I'd killed her she was laughing so hard. Each Christmas we would watch it. But we love it so much for how outrageous it is, that we've decided to watch every other Christmas. Great fun. Real laughter therapy.
on February 3, 2017
I actually own a hard copy of the Elf movie at my home. My family watches it at least once or twice a year. This year I was out of town with family and we realized we hadn't watched it during the holidays yet. So we just went to Amazon and rented it and watched it on our computer via an HD cable to the TV that was available. It was so very handy and we actually had some family present that had not seen ELF yet! I was so thankful that we could access the movie as we all had such a great time watching it together. If you've not seen the elf movie yet, I encourage you to do so.
on January 10, 2017
I mean, how can you NOT love this movie? It is a Christmas classic that will stay in the video library for years to come. Normally, I'm not a comedy fan (not even a Will Ferrell fan), but this movie is just awesome. Sooo many awesome one liners to quote!

While it's a predictable holiday message, it's still great! Feel good holiday movies never get old! It's a completely ridiculous movie, but that's all of the charm! Who hasn't dreamed of eating spaghetti covered in syrup and turning their wooden furniture into a rocking horse? :)
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 24, 2015
While I am not a huge Will Ferrel fan, I do love this movie.
It is a lot of fun to watch. No one seems to run it until super late in the holiday season, so we finally bought it.

I'd never heard of "Infinifilm" before, so wasn't sure what to expect.
Basically, after you watch the movie in regular mode first, you can watch it afterwards in "Infinifilm" mode.
There are popup links on the bottom of the screen which can be clicked on, which take you into more detail about certain aspects of the movie itself. We've been trying out a few of them, and they are fun for movie buffs or anyone interested in the behind-the-scenes information.

The only thing that didn't make much sense about it was that we bought a brand new DVD, but the Infinifilm part refers to something being on "Disc 2". There was only ONE disc in the package. So, not sure what the scoop is on that one.

I believe this is a fun addition to everyone's holiday viewing movie collection. Good old fashioned holiday fun.
No worries about those who do not like the religious aspect - there is nothing mentioned in here on that one.
And the nice part about owning the movie is that you get to see the entire thing, instead of whatever scenes the tv stations have decided to show you. We have seen this movie several times on tv over the last few years, but with the DVD, we've seen quite a few smaller scenes that were never included in the tv versions. (And one of my favorite parts that we've used at our house is the big cola belch, followed by "did you hear that?" Haha!

Fun for the family, nothing dirty, no visible nudity, just holiday entertainment.
on July 14, 2017
Absolutely our favorite Christmas movie we watch it thanksgiving night to kick off the Christmas season every year and every year we laugh just as hard. Love this movie