Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 117 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 138 reviews
on March 5, 2009
First, let me clarify that by giving this 3 stars, I mean only to say that the earrings were average. They neither exceeded my expectations nor were they a disappointment in any way. I think I read all of the reviews on this product before I bought it, and I admit I was a bit worried by the low price and certain comments (particularly about size). I realized after receiving my earrings that perhaps no one had been specific about size because it varies from one set to the next. For example, the black pearls were 5mm while the pink ones were 7mm. I assume that for another customer, these sizes would vary yet again, but probably within the same range. I actually happen to prefer that size range anyway, as my ears just don't support large studs. For the most part, I feel that each pair was well matched in size, though the black pearl pair that I received was a bit poorly matched for color. One is mostly blue, the other mostly purple. However, I did not find, as other reviewers did, that any of the colors were difficult to tell apart. I really feel that I received a good variety of color, and the price was certainly right. I will also post a customer photograph of the set I received so that you can see what I'm talking about. As yet another reviewer has said; this is an excellent set of starter pearls for those who don't want to spend a fortune. They are pretty and small, and a lovely variety.

-Edit-
Interesting. I noticed today that they took down the photos I posted. Admittedly, they were pretty old photos now, but I'm not quite sure what to make of that. Maybe the product changed? It doesn't look like it from what they have up, but I suppose it's possible.
review image review image
22 comments| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 2, 2011
Pros: This set is a great value. For a set of 5 pairs of freshwater pearls, you just can't beat the deal. I feel confident wearing these earrings to the office, with any suit, and designer heels and handbag, and no one knows the wiser.

Cons: You will not wow any VP or partner's wife with these earrings. They are not giant oyster bombs waiting to explode awesomeness all over your lobes, or wherever. They also do not come in classic black pearl sheen, no matter what you take "peacock" to mean. Finally, I just wish Amazon supported more sustainable pearl vendors and had some seal to verify it.

Bottom line: Buy these for everyday wear. Buy something else (sustainable, fair trade) for a special occasion.
on August 5, 2013
I'm glad I got these earrings. They are very pretty. I am sharing them w/ my daughter and we picked our favorites and also have the other colors when we want a change. We both have multiple holes a piece and we leave our earrings in all the time. The colors are as pictured. I would recommend to others. Very nice price too.
on September 21, 2009
After reading all the reviews, I knew I could expect reasonable quality earrings and fast shipping. It was exactly the way most reviewers described it. I got the earrings in literally 2 days. I opened the very simple packaging and was pleased to find all the earrings intact, closely matched pearls, the perfect size (not too large and not too small) and stamped with 925 on the silver posts and backs.

I have had them for a couple of weeks, worn the black pair constantly (at least 3 times a week) and none of the posts have come off yet. Now, I can see how they will probably break in the future, since they are simple silver posts drilled and glued into the pearls, but I imagine it'll take a while.

I have had some irritation and itchiness recently while wearing them, but it may just be due to my contact with other earrings or soap, etc. I am very glad I got them and if they break in the future, I would probably order another pair.
on December 6, 2008
This is a great deal for the price! The earrings are very pretty, a good size, and the colors are beautiful. Since they are fresh water pearls I was expecting variations in the pearls. I did not notice any color variations between the pearls I recieved. The colors are right on. However, there are slight variations in the shapes of the pearls(the chocolate ones are button shaped, and one black earring is slightly bigger than the other) but nothing so drastic that you will notice while wearing them. I had set the bar kind of low for these because of the low price, but when I recieved them, they exceeded my expectations. I am going to be ordering some more to give as Christmas gifts. You won't be dissappointed.
on January 11, 2014
It seems over the last year, the jewelry has been big. Big earrings, big necklaces etc. I rarely wear accessories because I can't find items I like for my small features. This was a great buy for me. The colors are very true to the photo. The size is very true to photo. I have lost a matching earring for a necklace I have had for a while. The chocolate pears matched almost perfectly. I ordered a pair of small drop light grey earrings too. They are beautiful as well.
on August 20, 2013
Great Stocking Stuffer!

Got them for my daughter, and she absolutely loves them, the color choices played a great part in her fashion wardrobe for school. For those parents whom are reluctant about buying certain jewelry for their kids, these are a clean, and conservative looking choice. Plus you get a nice bang for your buck.

Being one of those uneasy dads, when it comes to looking for your daughters presents or gifts, I'm sure glad I went with these.
on October 12, 2011
Bought these for a birthday present for the lady. They're simple, and the colors are good. I rate a 4/5 because they aren't just amazing. They are a steal for what they're being sold at here (I think I paid $12-15), and they're yet to show signs of wear. The lady really liked them and wears a pair of them almost daily. The pearls are a good size for day-to-day wear, I'd think (to me they're a good accent to whatever she wears).

Overall, super buy. I highly recommend it. They only reason it doesn't get a 5/5 is because I reserve that for phenomenal buys/products.
on September 16, 2008
I loved getting these earrings in the mail. I like how small they are, not too overwhelming or too tiny (I have double piercings, so I have small studs in the back).

The pearly blue-green pair I wear daily, and the brown are gorgeous. I'm not a fan of light blue or pink, because they're circular pearls and not "flatter" like the blue-green pair, but they came in handy with nice outfits I had to wear last week.

Even if you only end up liking one pair, it's still an amazing buy. If you're not interested, I could see them being a perfect purchase for a gift for someone you know.
on September 10, 2014
good for what it is. one of the pearls came off the stud not long after but the rest stayed on.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.