Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 321 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 515 reviews
on January 10, 2016
after reading some crackpot's review stating that the 5.1 mix is just ambient and not worth hearing, i was apprehensive about this release. i don't really care about out-takes and all the hoopla, i like well remixed 5.1 albums. i didn't want to pay top dollar for 34 minutes of an ambient surround mix ...
fear not folks. if you read that same review and have held off getting this because of it, ignore the troll. this has a very nice mix with instrumentation used well across all channels.
it is redundant to review the album, it is an absolute classic. don't start with that "astral weeks album is so much better" argument. astral weeks was a great album, but the moondance album is van morrison's signature album for short form songwriting and vocals.
if you say you like van morrison you should love this album. if you like 5.1 you won't be disappointed.
on December 9, 2013
The Moondance album is probably my very favorite Van Morrison album ... and I own 33 of them on CD alone. As a matter of fact, Moondance would clearly be on any short list I'd ever make of all-time favorite albums ... hands down! There is, in my opinion, not a single bad note on any song on the entire record ... and that's a very rare thing! I was really excited about this remastering package and couldn't wait to hear it! I opted for the Deluxe Edition and was pleased when it arrived so quickly! The remastered original album is simply superb ... it sounds fantastic, fresh, dynamic, beautiful & clear! On the other hand, although I'm a huge Van fan, the redundant inclusion of nine "Caravan" takes, six "Into the Mystic" takes, seven "Brand New Day" takes ... and on and on ... really seems to be a bit of an over-kill! I would have much preferred more than the one "unreleased" tune ("I Shall Sing", with seven versions of it at that) and far fewer (and often similar) individual takes of the songs ultimately released on the album. On top of everything else, it turns out that the very best versions of every single song in the collection are the one's included on the original album! Nice to know that they made the absolute best choices back in 1970 ... and while the alternate versions are interesting to hear once, or twice, such a "Deluxe Edition" might be better served with more unreleased material & less alternate takes. Bottom line ... Moondance is a fabulous album and the remastered version is flawless & the physical package is indeed deluxe, but one of the lessor available packages might be money better spent.
on November 26, 2016
An essential for your collection. I try to buy used, but this gem is just too hard to find in good condition. Worth just buying new
on October 21, 2015
One of my favorite albums of all time, and to now be in Hi Rez Blu-Ray Audio, What more could you want? Well, not more, but a little less would have been nice..... Wish we could have bought just the Blu-Ray, or Blu-Ray and 1 CD. Not the three disks of out takes and other stuff that I have yet to listen to it all. But still a great disk. Without the extra disks at a Premium and a little less $$$, would be at 5 Stars.
on May 7, 2015
I love this album and it's truly a masterpiece, however the remastering of it sounds terrible. I wish I would have been able to find the same release that my father has, as whoever did the mixing this time around definitely screwed it up a bit. Given I'm listening to this on my laptop speakers, so maybe I'll have a slight change of opinion after giving this a listen on my way to work.
on June 14, 2017
I love this album. It is, in my opinion, probably one of the best albums ever made. I don't know how I have lived this long with out it. I was apprehensive about getting it on vinyl because some of the other reviews mentioned flaws or it not sounding like it should. Luckily, this was not the case for me. This records sounds fantastic, it has so much more nuance then the other formats of this album that I have listened to. I have had this record for about a month now and I listen to it at least once a day. I cannot say enough things about how wonderful this album is. I am now a life long Morrison fan.

I have enjoyed this album so much that I am now considering only purchasing vinyl. I grew up on vinyl, but I had forgotten how amazing it sounds.
on November 29, 2014
Wow! I bought this set for the Blu-ray and was NOT disappointed. At first listen last night, it was wonderful. Smooth and very balanced. It is Dolby TrueHD 96K for surround and 192K stereo! Extremely fine sounding. I have a very good system and this is the reason for such a system. Thanks so much to Rhino for finally giving this release the care it deserves.
on December 2, 2013
This is my very first blue ray audio disc and with the 5.1 mix it is superb!
I started out with 4.0 Quadrophonic 8 Tracks in 1973 so 40 years later we have come to this. I had the vinyl record of Moondance in 1970 when it first came out. Then I got a CD of it around 1988 or so.
I have a good collection of super audio and DVD audio Multi-Track discs.
This is one of my best to say the least.
The mix is fantastic and created by one of the best.
I grabbed it for a great buy too as I noticed that it went up right after I bought it.
It's still worth the money if you are a fan.
on February 7, 2014
Absolutely outstanding remastering job of an all time classic recording. This version blows away the tired old original CD release. Too bad Van wasn't onboard with this and had stood in the way of the remastered reissue for many years. While I'm sure Van's beef with the record label and his former management is perfectly legit, the end result of it was the punishment of his fan base by depriving them of a great sounding version of this album (unless you had an original vinyl LP pressing).
on January 23, 2017
Great album, great on vinyl!