Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services GimmeDanger GimmeDanger GimmeDanger  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Elton John Shop Now STEM

Style Name: 66"|Change

Showing 1-10 of 205 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 232 reviews
The Yakima roof rack went onto my Jeep Cherokee in less than 30 minutes with two adults standing on either side. It installed easily and exactly according to directions. The directions were thorough and straightforward.

Luckily I was able to look at different racks at local stores while deciding what parts I actually needed to transport our sailboats and to understand how they all fit together. Yakima's website gave me the exact size of Raingutter Towers for my car. I purchased Yakima RoundBars Roof Rack Cross Bars (66-Inches),Yakima 1A Raingutter Towers - Set of 4, and the Yakima SKS Lock Cores for Yakima Rooftop Car Racks. There is another styrofoam piece available for transporting boats but I found that it was not necessary. Once I knew what parts were needed, I compared prices, and found the lowest prices for 2 out of 3 of these items were from Amazon.

I purchased this item for transporting my sunfish sailboat (14') or my 15YO's laser sailboat (16') after years of struggling with different solutions to move the boats around. We used to have to use a trailer or to tie one down on top of my Jeep, or in some rather perilous cases, both. The other solution was to get the Commodore to come move one of our boats in the back of his pickup. While this solution worked well for me, it was not his favorite.

This roof rack has performed perfectly. It has also given us peace of mind while we are on highways with one of the boats on top of my car.

UPDATE: When I came to get the product name for another product review, imagine my surprise to see this message: This does not fit your: 2001 Jeep Cherokee. YES, IT DOES!
review image
on January 4, 2017
BEWARE: These cross bars do not include the end caps! The picture shows them with end caps, but I was surprised to find that they were not included. They are an additional costs... which isn't very surprising considering the fact that Yakima sells all of their products separately.
The bars are very nice. They are very heavy, and seem as though they are a very high quality.

I will update this status as time goes on to show its durability and ability to maintain its paint, etc.
on August 6, 2013
I think that when one pays around $80 for 2 pieces of coated pipe, Yakima could damn well throw in the caps without charging $11 for them, especially considering that they're marked "Yakima" and advertise the company.
on March 24, 2017
Super easy to install, but I do get wind noise from the rack, planning on trying out the bungee cord wrapped around the bar idea. Other then the noise, can't complain at all. these seem to be well made and should last many years. I was impressed at the quality, i was expecting much lighter bars as that is how things seem to go these days...
on May 31, 2016
I'm less mad, and more just disappointed. On Yakimas website, the product description, and in the manual/instructions itself this rack system said it could support up to 165 pounds. During installation a small footnote mentions that the actual weight capacity is 100 pounds. That 65 pound difference now makes the double kayak mount package I purchased useless (let alone a waste of money) and will delay a trip that was planned based on the specs provided on the main sections of the website. And yes, I put all of my vehicle specs in to the interactive dialogue boxes to be sure this package would work. Just so unfortunate, because I had so many plans for this system.

They also arrived with scratches on the finish and two divots/chips on the bars themselves.
on March 12, 2017
Pretty crazy they don't include the end caps with the bars. I had to get a longer set when I get a new car and found it impossible to re-use my old end caps. Obviously it says in the description that they aren't included, but they definitely should be.
on March 10, 2017
Six months in, all is well.
Original pipes were ten plus. Plastic cracked and as I use these for two extention ladders, two picks and an aluminum break thought it was time.
Four star based on the failure of the original.
on March 10, 2017
these helped me move across the country in my little nessian centra !
on July 2, 2014
If you just buy the bars, they will howl and you will be upset. Just suck it up and buy the fairing. The noise will stop and you won't even know you have the rack on your vehicle! They should just be part of the kit.
on February 26, 2014
The bars themselves are fine, but there is a hum or whine with wind noise across the bars. I have had Thule bars for the last decade, but had to switch to Yakima because Thule does not make a fit kit for the 2013 Subaru Outback (I wish they would, but too late now). The new fit kit isn't wonderful either, but I was surprised that a round Yakima bar would make more noise than a square (Thule) bar - logically, it ought to make less noise and have less drag. I got to thinking about it - those fairings to move wind over the bars - you see those with Yakimas, but hardly ever with Thules (maybe this is due to the noise issue). I will keep the bars, since I don't have a Thule solution, and I will see if I can come up with an idea to quiet them that does not involve additional investment in a fairing - but my overall rating of this is that I wish Thule had done a better job in following the Subaru market so I didn't have to settle for these noisy bars...

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.