Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Casio Men's AMW330D-1AV Stainless Steel Watch with Link Bracelet
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

on July 6, 2008
For such a price I think Casio did well,it really looks like an expensive watch.I have no idea if the glass scratches easily or not,as mentioned in the previous review...If you like big watches like me,this model will be the right choice.I uploaded 3 pictures that are quite different from the advertised one,you will notice how nice it's looking on the hand.
The only thing I know is that I'm enjoying wearing it,and I'm planning to buy a second one for a friend.
review image review image review image
on October 22, 2009
The watch is described as a dive watch, but it is not. The outside bezel has compass measurements and cannot be used for a dive watch because it turns both ways. The watch is not an "ana-digi" either. I don't know why they describe them like that. There is nothing digital about the watch.

The interior black face is textured with a circular design. This adds some depth to a well designed watch. The outside bezel as stated before is for compass usage. Beneath the glass is a tachymeter that can be used to determine speed. The large second had is used for the chronograph feature, which I prefer. The large second hand also has a red tip with adds a little splash of color and makes it easier to see. The small seconds dial is used for time keeping. The hour marks on the watch are very shiny adding to the high-class look of the face. The main hands contrast well with the black face and the luminous paint works well.

The band is the only flaw (flaw may be too strong a word). The band is not that bad, but it does seem a little on the cheap side. The point where the watch case and the watch band meet could have been designed better. The band seems light (tinny) compared to a heavier steel band of more expensive watches. I would recommend the metal band over the resin though. The locking clasp of the band feels secure when in place. Overall I'm very pleased with this watch. The price on Amazon is cheaper than retail.
on January 11, 2012
Actually a pretty nice watch, especially for the money. Brushed stainless finish on most of the watch. Polished finished on the sides sets it off nicely. It has a rotating bezel so you can move it to align with the sweep hand for timed events. The working chronograph is similar to a Tag Heuer in the way it works. The large sweep second hand is actually used for the stop watch function with the top and center chronographs providing the 60 minute and 12 hour counters.(Actually 11 hours, 59 minutes, and 59 seconds, but if you are counting that much time do you really need a stopwatch?) The bottom chronograph is the actual second hand and is the only one you should see moving unless the stopwatch is activated. This does mean that if you inadvertantly leave the stopwatch funtion on and the large sweep hand is moving around the watch face like a normal second hand battery life will be greatly diminished. The top button on the right side of the watch starts and stops the stop watch funtion, while the lower button resets the stop watch to zero. The crown , or stem sets the time and date. The bezel is marked with 60 second calibrations, numbers every 10 seconds, 10...20...30...etc. It is also marked in degrees of a circle, 30...60...150...330...etc, as well as compass headings. S, E, W, N. And if that's not enough, it has a Tachymeter so you can calculate your speed. (Just don't try this while driving) The crown doesn't seem to be a screw down type, and the face is marked "Water Resist 100M" so I have my doubts about it's ability as a dependable dive watch. The watch diameter is about 46mm at the crown, (or stem) the crystal is about 31mm. So it is large, but not excessive. It does have heft and fortunatly a nice band and clasp to hold it on. I can't find information on the battery either on the watch or in the included instructions. Guess you wait until it dies, crack it open and get one like it. Overall a nice, good looking watch with many features if you like to play with analog devices. If you insist on using this for an actual dive watch then there is a good chance you'll be removed from the gene pool. But, if you just want a good looking, worry free watch to wear to the beach and have the ability to time the waiters, check the speed of the boats, and tell how many degrees the sun is over the horizon, then this is the watch for you.
on March 24, 2015
I've got a modest little watch collection going, and this is probably the watch I wear the third most (behind two other Casios). This is the watch I wear the most, when I'm off duty. It's a rugged and accurate chronograph, but still very stylish. This watch looks and performs like watches in my collection that cost over 3 times more, which is why it's on my wrist a lot more than my "safe queens." I personally love that the bracelet can accommodate large wrists. Most watches don't fit me very well, and frequently require a new band, but this watch manged to comfortable fit on my pythons. I love my Casio watches, because they manage to meld form, function, and value better than most other brands - and this watch is among my favorites.
on October 28, 2009
I bought this watch for a timed test because I wanted a rotating bezel (the test does not allow digital timers). This watch is serviceable and attractive enough, however the quality and features would make me rethink this purchase given the chance.

NEGATIVES

I found that the analog timer on this watch is very useful, except when the hands are covering the tiny timer dials. For this reason, I couldn't always rely on the timer. The bezel is absolutely garbage. It gets stuck for no reason, and when it's not stuck it's too loose to keep your place reliably. If you're looking for a quick way to time a close approximation, the bezel may be for you.

The quality of construction is feels questionable. For the reasons metioned above (lame bezel), as well as just the overall feel. The band is disproportionately weighted to the watch face, and everything just feels cheap. I realize this isn't meant to be a rolex, but for $100 I feel that you could get a better watch.

POSITIVES

The watch has kept time very accurately to the best of my knowledge. It's also easy to use. The problems I've had occur infrequently, so overall this is a highly functional watch. I really like that it's extremely waterproof. It also looks decently cool, depending on your tastes. I have gotten compliments on this watch, however it is not at all flashy. I've dropped the watch a few times and it remains undented and still working smoothly.

The watch is simple to adjust if you've ever used an analog watch, it's standard.

VERDICT

Decent looking, sturdy construction, cheap-feeling band materials, unique features. Large, easy-to read face. Rotating bezel and analog timer. If you need the features that this watch offers and can't find it at a better price, then this watch is serviceable. Its lifetime warranty suggests that this watch will keep working for a long time.

EDIT: At the time this review was written, 3 years ago, the watch was $100. Amazon has since lowered the price, and I believe the new price more closely reflects the watch's value. I'd personally like to see it around $60-65, but it's got a lot of unique features, like a 2-way bezel and analog timer, that may be hard to find somewhere else for less. FYI the watch is still holding up well, just had to do one battery change so far.

EDIT2: Well, Amazon lowered the price yet again, so I've raised my review to 4 stars. I now think it's actually a pretty amazing value, and yes, it's still holding up (but still don't like the weight).
33 comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 8, 2014
I bought this watch over a year ago and its hard to imagine a better looking watch for the money. I get compliments all the time. Of course everyone has their own tastes, but this is mine. Its not real heavy as compared to many of the diver-type watches, but has a quality feel and look to it. The design is great--clasp is really cool, and the "chronograph" features are cool too (although I have no idea what you'd use them for). I've had some problem with the timer needle on it (doesn't return to the "0" mark precisely) but this is really minor. For this price I'll accept that. I looked extensively, even bought some of the Invictas, which I returned because they were unbelievably heavy. The luminous hands are just the right size too--you can see them okay in the dark (but I wouldn't rely on them for a Seal mission). In the end for me this is just a great looking and functioning watch (I think it looks as good or better than ANY watch out there) that is incredibly inexpensive.
on February 12, 2013
Was originally looking for a Seiko or Citizen solar or kinetic.
But this watch had all the features I need for up to two hundred
dlrs. less. Looks and feels just as well made as the big brands.
Vendor delivered very fast.
on March 8, 2013
Like some others have stated, my watch arrived with a few scuff marks on the watch back. Not a big concern for me. This will be a daily use watch and I don't look at the watch back. Big dial face makes it easier to read with these tired old eyes. I also replaced the stainless steel band with the 22mm Casio resin band. I prefer the resin band to the stainless steel one for all day wear. Swapping out the bands was easy with a simple jewelers screwdriver (and the right amount of caution). Don't want to shoot the spring pin across the room when compressing it onto the watch. Other than that, the watch is good to go. I'm a Casio G-Shock man because I like the recessed crystal. I've had my analog blue dial G-Shock for over 5 years and not a single scratch on the crystal. So we'll see how this one does and how scratch resistant the mineral crystal is. If I trash it, I'll just go back to the G-Shocks. Plus I'll still keep my old G-Shock as a backup - it still works just fine.
on January 9, 2016
Very nice classy look, good construction. Have to take into account that it doesnt have a month window so in months with 30 days o less you need to adjust the date manually, this is not a problem or complaint because I bought it on purpose knowing that detail. Its a good quality wristwatch. Will buy it again if need it. The clamp system is very safe and simple.
on December 16, 2012
Pros:
The watch itself is well built and looks like a very expensive divers watch.
The silver and black dial work well and the rotating bezel is a nice touch too.
The chronograph is adequate, and anyways I mostly use my smart phone for all my stopwatch and timer needs.
I wouldn't be too worried about getting it wet during everyday wear, though I am note sure how it'll hold up under water for actual diving.

Cons:
It's heavy and big. At 154g (with the stainless steel strap) and 46mm case diameter it's not too light weight, but I guess if you get the strap adjusted to your wrist it should stay put.
The strap could have been better; it looks cheap compared to the watch itself. I am considering getting a 22mm PU or silicone strap to make it look more like a divers watch.

Bottom line -------------------------------------
For $80 this watch is definitely recommended for someone looking for a great looking divers watch.