Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on October 13, 2015
I bought this dollhouse for my 4-year-old granddaughter last year for Christmas. Although it wasn't this expensive back then, I ended up buying the house and almost all the furniture. In the ensuing weeks until Christmas, I planned where "I" would put the furniture, etc. if this were my set. I was so excited to give it to her. The furniture is really too big for the rooms, but she and I had fun decorating it. I also purchased the doghouse set, not realizing that the dog came with the set. The morning after she received it, I noticed that the dog and some other dog-related items were missing. When she woke up, I found out that she had taken them to bed with her. I haven't seen her since last Christmas, unfortunately, because she lives in a different state, but I am interested whether she's still playing with it. I would have loved to have something like this to play with when I was a kid. I have always loved Fisher Price toys. Wish I'd had the foresight to keep the sets for my grandkids.
2 people found this helpful
on December 27, 2011
I am very happy with this dollhouse. Not only do my girls love it, I do too! It was very easy to put together. My husband put it together and the pieces just snap together. It took him about 5 minutes. It seemed a little unnecessary that every piece was wrapped individually, but that's just the "green" part of me coming out. At least all the pieces were in excellent condition.

The house, along with the furniture and people that were included, seem very durable. At first, the legs on the mom and dad figures were not bending well. Due to that, they weren't sitting in the kitchen chair well. The legs seemed to loosen up a little after we bent them back and forth a little.

It would have been nice if a few more pieces of furniture came with. We did buy three other sets to go with the house, and will continue to add to it little by little. Actually, before we got the extra sets open, my daughters were perfectly content playing with the few pieces that did come with.

All the pieces fit inside of the house and the sides of the house fold it for easy clean up and storage.

Shop around to find a good price. There are a lot of reviews of people complaining about the price. Prices on Amazon fluctuate. When I bought this house on Amazon in Oct 2011, it was cheaper then Walmart and Toys R Us.

Update 1/10/11: After 4 days of my children playing with this, one of the legs on the mother figure (which never worked well in the first place) broke off. I contacted Fisher Price to see if I could get a replacement and had a new figure bag (mom, dad, and babies) delivered to my home a week later. The legs on the new figures are working much better. I must have got faulty ones the first time.
on December 8, 2011
I purchased this product for my little sisters ages 5-2 and they love it! I was deciding between this one and a couple others, overall I'm just as happy with this purchase as my little sisters! This dollhouse keeps them busy for 30 minutes to an hour at a time, which is a huge amount of time for their age range. It is bigger than I thought it would be which is nice. It does have a lot of space inside for extra doll house furniture and I love that it folds up so nicely when playtime is done. It makes clean up a cinch! I did have to purchase all the furniture to go inside separately and I have to say, I wish it was a little more on the cheap side. But they love playing with the kitchen especially.
The doll house itself is very sturdy and durable. Out of the box the house is fully assembled but you do need to put a few extras on the outside of the house and attach the staircase. Very easy to do. I was impressed that we didn't need to spend an afternoon putting this together, just attach a couple things and you're done. I also like that it is made of thick plastic because it's easy to wipe down from sticky little fingers.
I would definitely recommend this to anyone in the market for a dollhouse!
on December 29, 2011
The Fisher Price Loving Family Grand Dollhouse is a good size for toddlers. It is tempting to buy lots of extra figures and furniture! Be aware that the window trim colors may be different than depicted on the box. Buy early and put together in case of missing parts. (We had a missing window.) The little figures have good detail with movable arms and legs. My 2 1/2-year-old granddaughter is very interested in the house and figures, but not so interested in the furniture. The house and figures holds her attention for a long time. It's a good toy for adults to interact with toddler girls.

The Loving Family minivan is a great addition to this toy. The figures fit in the minivan seats.

The house is durable enough...about average. My granddaughter is gentle with toys and the house will last forever with her style of play. If somebody steps on the "wings" of the house, which swing open, its possible they could break off in my opinion...so I rated durability as average for toddlers.
on July 28, 2013
We bought this for my step daughter's fifth birthday and she loves it. First time Ive ever actually seen her play by herself. We've been trying to encourage her to be more creative and play on her own more and where she loves for us to play with it along with her, she actually does seem to love playing with it by herself. I wish this one had been around when I was young.
on March 4, 2013
This dollhouse was easy to put together and seems to be sturdy. It had some nice details, like the wallpaper borders and pictures in some of the rooms. It came with the parents, twin babies, and some furniture. The little "hi-chairs" that attach to the table are a nice feature ;-)
3 people found this helpful
on January 10, 2009
The Grand Dollhouse was purchased as a Holiday gift for our 3yr old granddaughter. She simply adores it and plays with it every time she comes over which is at least 3 times a week. Her uncle gave her 4 rooms of furniture so she has plenty of redecorating and rearranging to do. The best feature is that it closes up so nicely storing all the furniture and accessories safely and out of the way. It's nice to have something special at grandma and grandpa's to play with and this is perfect and will be for years to come.
on December 28, 2008
This dollhouse is adorable. We had seen it before and knew it was sturdy and that my daughter would love it, shes 5. She has several smaller little people houses and toys and was ready for something bigger. I was concerned about clean up but thats a wiz with closing up the back. The time she spends with the toy house and people in active dramatization and recreation is amazing and she lets me play too sometimes!! my only negative critique is of the pieces. The house was expensive so to come with so few pieces was a rude. The little pieces to set up the house are NOT cheap considering how few pieces you get. But the overall house is adorable and she loves it. We buy OTHER company dollhouse and animal pieces and it works just as well. Enjoy!
on November 30, 2008
I bought the Fisher Price Loving Family Grand Dollhouse for my grandchildren to play with when they visit. (Actually, I think I got it for me, as I have always wanted a dollhouse, just never got one as a child). My granddaughter is two and her brother is six, and they both have had a great time playing with it. The 'newness' seems to have worn off a bit, and the six year old doesn't beg to come out to play with it now, but I think it will be a toy that will continue to be a favorite for many years. The imagination play that occurs is so fascinating to watch.
on March 6, 2012
My two and a half year old daughter loves this house. It is HUGE compared to the Fisher My First Dollhouse we had before. It does take up a lot of space when opened up, but on the plus side you can put about 5 or 6 furniture sets and dolls into the house and close it up securely for moving. This is great for clean up. Overall we like the house so far.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.