Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 74 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 174 reviews
on May 15, 2017
It's a great newspaper with some very fine writers. The problem is on the kindle you cannot remove back issues completely, so you get piles of links for old issues. Its like having papers pile up near the front door. Lots written about this but still not fixed as of 5/15/2017, and it really makes people avoid buying copies. Also, it SEEMS like the kindle version is missing many of the stories that are in the paper version. I get both. Some days there will be only one story in NATION although there are several in the print version.
on December 5, 2012
Yes, for a buck I can pick up the LA Times on my Kindle whenever I'm near a wireless connection. If you've read any periodicals on your Kindle or Android tablet then you will find this "paper" easy to negotiate. The articles every bit as relevant as they are on ink-and-paper and you won't have to wrestle a square yard of squashed dead trees in front of your face to find what interests you. The index is a snap. Try it. You just might get hooked.
on December 26, 2012
Besides maybe KCET, no one else has the resources or desire to dig deeply into regional politics, graft, and corruption. It's the only source I have to figure out which judges and city-level politicians are worthy of my vote. Without the LA Times, we'd know much less about what's going on here. My only caveat is if Rupert Murdoch buys this paper; that would be so inappropriate for our community, and any recommendations made would be thus revoked.
on October 7, 2012
The LA Times is one of America's top 3 newspapers. Of course it is the go to place for in depth entertainment news. I prefer their book reviews to the NY Times. LA is less establishment and in group and actually reviews books in a way that leads me to buy them. They also have more balanced coverage of the Middle East. Due to their location and demographics, there is excellent coverage of the South West, California, Latin America and Japan.
on November 12, 2015
The news reporting is great but needs better technical quality controls. I bought the Oct. 30th 2015 just to see how literature like a newspaper appears on a Kindle Touch and would have gotten used to it, if wasn't for the poor introduction when simply navigating the newspaper sections and articles did not crash my Kindle – seriously, how can a elaborate text file crash a Kindle?

The Los Angeles Times (LAT) on the Kindle is almost self-explanatory. Foregoing the paperboys and weirdoes willing to wake up at 4:00AM, Los Angeles’s primary English-language newspaper is now delivered to your Kindle via wireless. Once on your Kindle, it assumes a unique two-column newspaper mode where the table of contents lists every section and links to relevant articles. On the Kindle e-reader series – Touch, Paperwhite, and Voyage – are limited to monochrome presentations while Fire users get the color images and the read aloud narration. Truly, the fans of the LAT no longer need to imagine a for a time such as now, where the most informative journalistic prose merges with a technology like the Amazon Kindle series for a presentation that used to be reserved for science fiction books.

I suppose it also shows its peril. For reasons I may never understand it crashed my Kindle Touch the first time I tried to read it. While the problem as cleared it up now but every now and then hiccups appear in the form of slow or delayed page turns and menu selections. These problems have not appeared in my Kindle Fire 6.

Excluding the technical problems, I could really get used to the LAT on Kindle. In addition to the wireless auto-delivery, being able to magnify the print and have access to months worth of the daily paper is great thing to have around if you are the kind to research and follow-up on particular events. Of course, nothing compares to holding a tangible paper in your hand, one you can fold and mark up with your crossword mistakes and jumble attempts, having it delivered and dealt with electronically is something any ecologically minded reader could get used to.
on September 21, 2012
When I travel, I find it very convenient to keep up to date on national and local news by downloading the L.A. Times onto my Kindle e-reader. I can be on a cruise ship in Hong Kong harbor and instantly get informed on U.S. and Los Angleles news. The format is simple to use and in some respects it is easier to select just the news you want to review than it is with the paper itself in front of you. Give it a try!
on February 20, 2015
Doesn't work in kindle format at all; awkward to navigate, can't find what I want.
on February 10, 2017
Great, however I miss the comics and detail of daily tv shows but I can get them from other sources.
on September 27, 2013
A good west coast newspaper that manages to balance world, national, state and local LA news,. Electronically has far better quality pics (and more of them) than other newspapers.
on October 30, 2012
I just got new kindle for my birthday from my sister. I downloaded LA Time, which is my favorite newspaper. I love to read LA Time. I was shocked that it was limited when it downloaded into my kindle. I understand why, and that is okay. I truly wished that if they a little bit more articles in them, like few more, and then I would buy and download more. It seems like it is just a book review before you buy their product. I enjoyed reading them; however, I wished that their articles are more longer and more details.