Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on April 6, 2012
I was glad that I took a chance on this frame and the positive reviews it had here on Amazon. This frame was perfect for my 8 1/2 x 11 diploma. I had been considering a frame being sold by my university for $150(!), but I'm so glad I purchased this instead, it really makes my diploma shine! What is really nice that you can't tell from the picture is how three dimensional the inside mat is, it really gives the frame an extra touch that makes it seem more expensive than it is and makes your diploma pop. My only complaint is there was a slight imperfection on one part of the mat, like a jagged part from not being cut properly, but I figured it was something that most wouldn't notice as it is quite small and most people probably wouldn't be staring at my diploma as much as I have been! Lastly, the title of the product is a bit confusing...it states "8-Inch-1/2-Inch by 11" where that is actually the INSIDE matted area dimension NOT the actual frame dimension. I became worried after I purchased thinking the frame was going to be smaller but the actual frame dimension itself is 11 x 14.
42 people found this helpful
on May 2, 2017
What an amazing deal! I was looking for a professional frame to display my diploma without paying a small fortune for one, and this frame was perfect. It looks very well made and high-end, but is very affordable. Centering your diploma in the correct position was the most challenging part, but even that wasn't very hard. I would absolutely recommend this frame to anyone.
on July 15, 2013
After searching Amazon for a reasonably priced frame to display my new college degree, I selected this one based upon the overall design that I was looking for, as well as the favorable reviews.

Pros:
- The design is simple and elegant.
- The matting is very well done.
- It looks as if it should be much more expensive than it really was.
- It's better than some of the diploma frames that I looked at in person. Comparable ones were well over $50!

Cons:
- It is not made of wood, and this is evident when you examine it closely. I personally don't care, but other potential buyers might.
- It is made to be displayed on a shelf; wall mounting is possible, but you'd most likely have to remove the flap.

Overall, I am very pleased with this frame, and I would definitely recommend it to others who are looking for one that is under $30 but doesn't look cheap!
on February 2, 2015
Nice for the price. Part of the back was chipped, but you can't see it when I hung it up. I am not sure if it came that way or I broke it while opening it. However, even if I did it, it has to be super cheap material to break without me really doing anything (I just removed the back). Also there was some grainy black stuff on the white mat, but it wiped right off with no problem.
Overall, I would purchase again.
review image
3 people found this helpful
on January 19, 2015
Incredible frame! Looks high quality for showing off my diploma. I was afraid I was going to get a damaged one but I didn't it. Everything came in a giant box and bubble wrapped very well. As far as I can tell there are no defects on the frame. I used small pieces of scotch tape to hold my diploma in place on the back. Overall I'm satisfied. It looks just as it does in the picture. It's kind of big too. Definitely eye catching. For the price you can't beat it.
on May 21, 2014
I had to return this frame twice due to noticeable flaws, but assuming that I may have just been unlucky, I would purchase one again. The quality and build is quite good; it worked well for a diploma that I wanted to frame. One reviewer noted that this frame is not wood, however, it is a nice solid, real wood frame. The frame comes with some hanging hardware (not installed on the frame), but I used my own framing supplies to hang on a wall. There is a large stand that swings out on the back so that it's ready to prop up on a table or shelf. The frame that I kept still had some imperfections, but not as bad as the first two. Amazon customer service was very helpful and responsive with the return/exchanges.

One additional note: the mat looks more like a creme/off-white online, but the mat is actually white.
on March 27, 2014
I bought this in black at about $40 to use for my college diploma. It looks great, even beautiful, from the front. In the picture, you can see the interior black border made from wood which is angled and I really like the look of that. That said, the backing and inside isn't fantastic. It's essentially a cheap black plywood and it comes with a leg (so the frame can stand on a desk) that is some what flimsy. You have to tape your paper/diploma or whatever you're putting inside to the wood (the back of the black border) and there is basic cardboard around that. I was expecting a little more for $40 and, if I were to do it again, I would probably put a little more down for a frame to hold a diploma. It looks great from the front and if you don't want or need quality construction, go for it. I just thought there would be more to it.
on January 2, 2013
I just received the Prinz 8 1/2 x 11 frame earlier this afternoon, which was out of the Amazon Warehouse deals. At the price I paid, it exceeded my expectations, as it looks like a rather professional frame. The construction is pretty solid (but the materials as I put it together to frame my certificate correlates closer to the price point) and it has a nice and crisp look.
I have not hung it on my wall yet, so I cannot verify the strength of the fastners for wall hanging, but the overall product suits the purpose of displaying any certificate that is a full page (8 1/2 x 11) versus having to cut down to size to fit into a standard 8 x 10 frame.
As this looks so nice, I will consider doing the same for my degree certifications as well.
on December 17, 2011
This frame is absolutely perfect for a degree or award. It looks expensive, but was really quite reasonable. There is a nice depth behind the inner matte and the document can be taped to the corners without causing any damage from removing (if necessary) later on. It can be hung on wall or displayed on tabletop using the sturdy easel back. I rarely bother with feedback, but this frame was such a pleasant surprise, I was just compelled to share. =)
6 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on August 26, 2013
There are tabs that hold the backing to the frame, which works rather well. Although I believe the backing is a bit too big for the frame itself because it is a hassle to get the backing in and out. I bought two of these and tore the back of one of them trying to bend it out of the back. The tabs had all been undone, it just wasn't sized like I thought it should have been.