Lyft Check out Santa's new ride Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Dot Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

on July 26, 2013
I think Merrick products are great, and I got this at the time when I still was feeding my kitties dry food (I've since switched them over to wet food with only occasional dry as a little treat). They were not crazy about this food so I gave it to a co-worker who has 3 cats as well and they loved it. I'm not sure I gave it enough time but it doesn't matter now because I don't want to feed them dry food - even a high quality one like this unless I have to.
I personally think my little furry angels are spoiled AND I also think it takes TIME to transition your cat over.
My suggestion would be to get a small bag and try it out slowly with their regular cat food.
Brands they DO adore and I use as a dry food treat:
Taste of the Wild - Rocky Mountain
Acana (makers of Orijen) any flavor * you can get trial size bags of these for $4 at any local/not main stream pet food store.
on July 23, 2012
I have five cats, and none of them would eat this, just as another poster said, even when it was the only thing in their bowls, and they were really hungry. In the past, maybe A & C would NOT eat a certain food, B & E would, for a couple days, then no, but D would, etc (in all possible permutations!)

I had been feeding them Diamond Naturals Dry Food for Adult Cats Indoor Hairball Control Chicken Formula, which all of them ate. But Diamond Naturals recently had a recall, I think it was salmonella, and now this is no longer available at Amazon. I do not want it anyway, if it is dangerous for the kitties!

So now I've tried Purina Cat Chow Naturals, 13-Pound, and all the little darlings are eating it, day after day.

I have read up on cat food (including that vet who buys frozen rabbit and makes her own cat food, etc), and if I could, I would feed mine Wysong Dry Diets Epigen Pet Food 8 lb, but right now, I just can't afford it.
on March 29, 2013
Since I got my two rescue cats, Oscar and Emmy, I have been determined to feed them healthy diets. I did a lot of reading about grain free foods and have tried several different brands. Being cats, they ate pretty much anything I put down for them, but this one seemed to make a difference in their overall well-being. One of them always vomited after she ate (excuse the graphics) but has not done that since I switched to this brand. And I do see a remarkable difference in the condition of their coats. One of them is a long hair and I do think that is shedding less and his coat is much easier for me to groom. The price is higher than if you buy regular commercially available food, but I feel that the difference is made up in lower veterinary bills in the long run. I would definitely keep my guys on this food.
on January 28, 2013
After doing tons of research on the right foods to feed your cat after a urinary tract blockage, I came across this product. We've been feeding our little guy Before Grain wet and dry food for the last two weeks, and so far, so good. We haven't come across another blockage and he seems to really like it. I only give him 1/4 cup of the dry food for the day since most of my research told me to keep him on a mainly wet food diet.

The one star lost is basically for the Amazon price. I was pretty disappointed when I went into Petco yesterday and found that I would have saved myself $6 if I had bought the 3lb bag at Petco.
on May 26, 2012
I have two female Siamese kittens who love this food. When they get into the closet where I keep it, they chew through the bag. They are mostly on a canned food diet, though they still get a little dry food each day in a food ball (PetSafe SlimCat Food Distributor Ball, Blue), and they love it. They always come running when they hear the rattling of the food in the ball (if they're not already there watching me fill it up). I have the chicken and salmon dry foods, and though they love both, they seem to like the salmon slightly more. Unfortunately, the salmon is a bit more smelly. I definitely plan on purchasing this product again.
on February 5, 2014
This is a great product... but my cat is fussy... and she did not take to this. I am glad it came in the 3.3 pound bag... as I was over time able to blend it in small amounts into her favorite dry cat food. If you don't have a fussy cat... I recommend this cat food... it is really quality cat food.
on March 25, 2013
Seems to really love this stuff. I feed him wet food 2x a day and leave this in his bowl for him to graze on throughout the day. He usually eats it all up by the time I'm home from work. I will buy this again for him.
on March 15, 2014
Merrick's cat food. For some reason, his breath is not offensive as with other products I've tried. I think we will use this product for quite a while.
on April 28, 2013
I like the ingredients in this food. The cats seem to like to nibble it occasionally, but aren't overly enthused, which is actually perfect because I don't want them to overdo dry food.
on March 4, 2014
Well...I guess my cat just doesn't like the chicken flavor... He refused to eat them at first, but eventually accepted them...

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.