Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 46 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 51 reviews
on January 17, 2015
After eating Purina One for so long our senior cat's coat started to look dull. All things considered (age, health, being an indoor cat) I felt it was time to switch her diet and gave the Merrick Before Grain #2 Salmon a try because she always loved Salmon Wet Food; however she won't touch the food. The day it arrived she did eat a couple only because I tricked her into thinking they were treats but as I started to gradually mix it in with the Purina One to taper her off of the Purina One she just won't touch the Merrick. I will try to get our other cats to eat it but if they don't I will be donating it to the shelter.
on August 15, 2013
Let me give you a bit of back-story. I have a rescue cat, but not from a shelter. It was a stray that was eating birds in the backyard of my newly rented house a couple of years ago. She's an average sized cat, long gray/silver hair and very skittish. I decided to start feeding her and when we moved, decided to take her with me. I don't know her age or medical background, but I know she's finicky (even though she is no longer eating birds). I've tried feeding her all types of dry cat food. Friskies, Iams, Purina, etc. She only nibbled when she was very hungry and saved her appetite for the half a can of wet food I gave her every evening when I come home from work. I stayed with Iams since it's supposed to be one of the best.

Then I read an article online about the ingredients in Iams and there were things in it that I didn't like or approve of. Then I was recommended this brand. It's not too pricey and I really liked what they put in it and the reviews. Well, apparently so does Spooky. She is eating more dry food than I've ever seen her in the 2 almost 3 years I've had her. Her coat is shiny and her eyes, I swear look brighter. I have decided to continue to buy this food for its ingredients, but especially since Spooky seems to love it.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 26, 2012
I have two female Siamese kittens who love this food. When they get into the closet where I keep it, they chew through the bag. They are mostly on a canned food diet, though they still get a little dry food each day in a food ball (PetSafe SlimCat Food Distributor Ball, Blue), and they love it. They always come running when they hear the rattling of the food in the ball (if they're not already there watching me fill it up). I have the chicken and salmon dry foods, and though they love both, they seem to like the salmon slightly more. Unfortunately, the salmon is a bit more smelly. I definitely plan on purchasing this product again.
on December 30, 2013
This cat food looked so promising, but my cat's poor little digestive system couldn't handle it. She loves other grain free fish-based food, but this one gave her a lot of gas, followed by getting sick all over the house (top and bottom end). In the 15 years I've had her, I can't recall her ever getting that sick! I gave this bag to a friend with a younger cat, in hopes that he can tolerate it better. As for my cat, I'm going back to alternating between Orijen's 6-fish and Pure Vita salmon food.
on September 29, 2012
I bought this food for my two very finicky cats. One of my cats actually seems to have some sort of grain intolerance,
and will get very sick if we don't get the food "just right". Well, it seems that Merrick Before Grain #2 Salmon, is "just right"! Both of my cats dig right in and eat it up! We have tried several other very well known "grain free" dry cat food. For the most part one cat didn't like it, or it still made my sensitive cat sick. Well, no more! We are sticking with
Merrick!
on August 1, 2014
We tried several dry grain-free products for my stubborn diabetic cat, but this is the only one he will eat consistently. The vet had advised taking him off dry food entirely, but he loves his kibbles. We feed wet food during the day, but put out kibbles for him at night. After all, he can't tell us if his blood sugar is crashing, and this product stays fresh enough in the bowl overnight for his picky taste.
on June 25, 2013
Found this as an alternative food for my cat who was diagnosed as diabetic. While he still begs for his old food, he transitioned well to this food and is eating it regularly with no side effects.
on December 20, 2013
This was my first time trying this product and I am disappointed at how many pieces of the food were stuck together in BIG hard lumps. My cats discarded these. I have purchased many good products and NEVER had this problem. I think Merrick needs to check the quality of their manufacturing facilities. Taste of the Wild and Blue Buffalo are much better foods and never have "clumping" problems.
on January 30, 2014
My cat is one of the pickiest eaters that I know. This is mostly likely because she's spoiled. I will tell you - it took a couple days and some coaxing with wet food, but she finely started eating this food. I like it because it is grain- free and not too expensive. Also, it shipped fairly quickly.I'm going to try the other flavor as well to see if my cat would like that as well.
on July 13, 2014
I tried this brand and variety, and it wasn't a huge hit with my 5 cats. I usually buy another grain-free brand, but was questioning their quality, so I tried Merrick. Cats didn't love it enough to buy it again. They did like it. I try to give them only a little bit of dry food (compared to wet), and this was not a favorite.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.