Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nylabone Just for Puppies Extra Small Pacifier Bone Puppy Dog Teething Chew Toy
Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports

on April 10, 2015
I bought these for my 14 week old pitbull puppy, Mako. He absolutely loves them! They have held up VERY well against this powerful chewer. We bought him a teething puppy fish made by the same company and it was GONE within minutes. The pup absolutely shredded the thing. This toy, on the other hand, has held up spectacularly. I made this purchase after bought the nylabone puppy keys, they are great so I just wanted to give Mr Mako a little more variety in his teething toys :) I am very pleased with this purchase and they have become one of his favorite toys!
review image
on November 22, 2010
I purchased this one for my 10 wk old chihuahua pup who's not a terribly aggressive chewer unless he's in active playtime. He's about a pound in weight at the moment and will be about 6lbs at maturity. These were harder than the clear flexi-bone he occasionally (only if I encourage playtime), and slightly gummier in texture than the really really hard dura-chew, which don't work for me at all.
It was also too large, although it said "puppy pacifier" and in my experience they were too hard for him at this stage, but I will save to offer in later months. I have now realized that although it comes in different sizes, the size in inches or at all were not specified. I got the one labeled "small".
Pros:
-Bacon scent is only obvious if toy is held right up to your nose, which is pleasantly discreet.
-Great if your dog is a very aggressive chewer.

If you have a small toy breed (1lb-5lb), this toy may be too large and/or hard.

Update at 2nd birthday: The toy is still laying around, and he shows absolutely no interest in this at all. He is now a full 6lbs and likes lighter toys, although size is no issue, but the only Nylabone product he has shown a very slight occasional interest in is the clear Gumabone. It's still around and almost intact minus a few dents as well.
These are really for aggressive chewers these hard nylabone toys. Also, hard=weighty.
on January 9, 2012
This item says it is an extra small toy. Well, I have a two pound Yorkie and this toy is almost as big as she is. The toy is 6" long and my dog is 10" long so the toy is literally half her size. Ad is very miss leading. The pacifier itself is 4.5". She can't even put the ring in her mouth without the pacifier and bone dragging on the floor. I expected something a little bit more tiny when I buy and extra small. This toy is more for a 10-15# dog.
33 comments| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 23, 2010
This is a great toy! My 3 1/2 mo. old Welsh Corgi puppy loves it, along with several other nylabone products. Unlike some of the other toys out there, it's holding together well and gives him hours - literally! - of chewing pleasure. Which gives me hours of relief from barking and other signs of puppy frustration. This, along with his nylabone keys and triple rings, are constant companions...and the older dogs like them too...although, I'm not certain this is a good thing as it incites puppy barking when they steal it from him... ;-)
on May 18, 2011
I have a Boston Terrier and since she is teething, was hoping this would be a good "chew" toy. I was wrong. In less than a month, Trixie has destroyed this toy and, I am afraid, digested several bits of plastic. I hate spending money on junk.
review image review image review image
44 comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2011
I was a bit skeptical at first due to the lack of product reviews on Amazon.. But I'm glad I bought this for my 4month old Pomeranian pup. It was truly a love at first bite product and he's been playing with it non-stop since he got it into his little clutches! The pacifier is made out of a very hard and durable plastic which is perfect for teething. It's a great alternative to furniture, electrical wires, and shoes. Great addition to his collection of little toys :)
review image
on May 29, 2013
Bought one for a 9 1/2 week old American Eskimo standard puppy. He weighs 6 1/2 pounds.
One piece of the toy is just about the size of his front leg, & about as long as his head. It's not so big that he can't get his mouth around it, certainly, but could definitely be smaller; I can't imagine how a youngster of one of the really small breeds could get much use out of this.
Also, I expected the pieces to be softer than the traditional Nylabone, but they don't seem to be (granted, I've never gnawed on this or the old fashioned kind...). I'm somewhat concerned about the puppy chewing on this with his little puppy needle teeth.

So: seems too hard, too big. I don't feel comfortable leaving it with him.

edit:
by the time he was about 4months old, he'd grown into it & it went into the toy pile. He plays with it as much as the others in the 'bottom half' of his toy collection; the ones that arent' his faves but he drags out every now 'n' then like he just discovered it for the first time. upgraded to 3 stars from 1, but probably still wouldn't recommend for baby teeth; he's got his big-boy fangs now.
review image review image
on September 25, 2010
It's hard to find a chew toy that your dog actually likes. Not sure if it's the texture or the right firmness or the color or the design or what. But, whatever it is, she seems to like this toy. And since it doesn't take up a ton of space, it's easy to carry along side of her. That's good news, b/c she's growing up FAST!
on February 1, 2012
I ordered this puppy teething pacifier for my small 1.5 pound Maltese puppy who is teething. The toy is NOT "Extra-Small" as advertised. The toy is too big for my puppy to even get in his mouth. My 3.5 pound Yorkie is almost too small for it also.
on November 25, 2014
I'm disappointed with this teething toy. It's listed as "extra-small for puppies up to 15 pounds", but my 5 pound Boston Terrier puppy can't even fit the rounded tip of the pink pacifier-shaped side into her mouth (and she has a pretty big mouth, comparatively speaking lol). It says, "This chew is made from soft, flexible material" TWICE in the product description, but the item I received is NOT soft or flexible at all; all three pieces of the toy are hard plastic. My puppy prefers to chew on our fingers more than anything else, which I'm quite sure is because it feels good on her teething gums, so I was hoping to have found a toy that is soft and flexible in order to mimic that feeling for her. If that's what sells you on this product, look elsewhere! All of that being said, she still likes this toy to chew and to carry around, so it's not a terrible item.