Industrial Deals Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by us the duo Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

IRIS Airtight Pet Food Treat Storage Container Combo, Blue
Size: 12-Quart and 33-Quart|Color: Blue|Change

on June 20, 2012
Let's face it - with food prices going up a heck of a lot faster than wages, buying food in bulk to save money is becoming more and more of a common practice. These containers are great for storing bulk food. I ordered 2 sets. The smaller container will hold over 20 pounds of sugar, and the larger one is great for large bags of rice or flour. I leave the rice and flour in its original bag and just put the entire thing into the bin, then just cut off the tops for easy scooping. I usually have one large bin with 2 huge bags of rice (25 pounds or more each), and the other large bin I have a big bag of bread flour and a big bag of all purpose flour (bread flour is dirt cheap when bought in bulk instead of 5 pound bags). For the two small bins, I filled one with white sugar and the other with open bags of other baking products: corn meal, cake flour, whole wheat flour, etc.

Now I can buy food in bulk, save money, and I don't have to worry about bugs getting into my flour, or ants getting into my sugar.
10 helpful votes
11 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on December 7, 2014
IRIS Airtight Pet Food Storage Combo - 12 Qt, Navy; 33 Qt, Navy: Works great as my dry kitty food keeper. I put the larger bag of kibble (dry food) in the large hopper and the snacks and treats go up top in the smaller keeper. You could also put cans of food in either, but the big keeper is meant for the food bags.

The smaller keeper has a few pieces of plastic that extend down from the lid. I'm not sure why they were added to the design (stiffener for the lid, product placement in the tub) but they can bump up against what you have inside, so sometimes I need to reposition the snacks before closing the keeper.

The casters are not very beefy and wouldn't hold a heavier load. I put a 16 lb. bag inside the big keeper unit and it holds just fine. Freshness seems to last longer for the food and kitty seems to appreciate that. MEEEOOWW!

I would recommend this product to others.
0Comment|Report abuse
There isn't a lot to say about storage bins. I purchased these to keep our Royal Canin Feline Urinary SO Dry Cat Food 17.6 Pound Bag fresh and accessible. Although the Royal Canins comes in a 17 lbs. bag with a zip-lock, it's bulky and impractical to handle to refill bowls over and over. I liked the fact that these IRIS storage containers came as two separate pieces. I keep one upstairs for bowl filling along with the IRIS Pet Food Scoop, 2 Cups, Clear and the other larger bin downstairs in storage with extra food. I have found that the large 33 Quart bin holds 17 lbs of kibble perfectly.

These are well constructed and made in the USA. I love that! The reason I gave these 4 stars is because of the latching mechanism in the front. The latch is a little soft and I feel that it unlatches almost too easily. Conversely, it is infinitely better than a latch you have to pry hard to open. A feature that makes up for this a top hinge located at the back of the unit that keeps the top in place. This
was a thoughtful feature.

The casters / wheels that come with the bins easily slip right in on the bottom of the larger bin. Straight forward. Great set and very convenient.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on June 13, 2017
Greatest pet buy EVER. I love these storage bins and I can put the dog food in the bottom and the cat food in the top. Very convenient to have for storage purposes. I like how I can wheel it out of the way whenever I want and there is no problem with it. The wheels come out with little effort just in case you don't want the wheels there. I am going to get another one for the cat litter and treats. This was such a great buy and I would recommend this to anyone.
on November 1, 2016
I purchased this rolling storage container a few months ago and I love it! I am able to fit a 25lbs bag of dog food with a bit of room left over. The separated top container I use for my dog's meds/vitamins. I was expecting it to be a little flimsy because it's a fraction of the cost at a retail pet store, but it's not. In fact, it's pretty high quality and even better than ones I've purchased at the pet store. I have a menu desk in my kitchen and both containers fit perfectly underneath it. Being able to store the food and meds/vitamins in these containers has helped make room in our pantry and keeps it neat and organized. I highly recommend this storage container for pet food. It works great and am considering buying one as a gift to a family member with large breed dogs who also have large breed appetites!
on July 29, 2010
I don't have pets at home. I bought this product because I want a simple and easy-to-clean rice container. I had a bad 20 lbs bag of rice that had rice bugs in them and they crawled all over my pantry. It took me a long time to clean out all of those bugs from my pantry (not to mention a lot of food that was thrown away because the bugs got to them) so I decided that I need airtight containers to prevent that from happening in the future. I always buy a 20 lbs bag of rice. The container said that it will sore up to 25 lbs of pet food, but when I poured all 20 lbs of rice into it, it was only half full. I love the casters because I can pull it out of the pantry when I want to make rice instead of me squeezing into the tight space to get at it. It's easy to clean (soap and rinse), and easy to dry too.
19 helpful votes
20 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on August 13, 2016
These 2 containers are perfect for my needs. I needed the 33 qt. container to hold a 15 lb. bag of dog food. I keep the dog food in the original packaging and place the entire bag in the container. I feel it stays fresher and better protected that way. Plus, that way I don't have to keep cleaning the container. The smaller [12 qt.] container is perfect to hold extra bags of dog treats. I keep my dog food on the basement stairs so I don't need the wheels. I keep it in the basement so it's easy to access while it's kept away from the dog. These containers provide additional protection.

My only complaint about these containers is that both lids are attached. I would prefer that they could be detached because it is harder to clean the container, especially the large one, with an attached lid.
on March 12, 2017
I have a dog and cat. I put the cat food in the top and dog food in the bottom. Works perfectly and is actually built solid. Only thing I could wish for is that you can flip it so the wheels can go on the smaller container. I feed the dog more than the cat so I'm always having to take the top bin off.
on September 9, 2017
Does its job. I bought this to protect cat food from ants. They haven't attacked it yet this season. However, the overall quality is poor. A couple of the anchors for the casters were broken when I received the item so they fall out if you move the lower container too much.
on September 19, 2012
My first shipment of this food container arrived damaged. Amazon quickly sent a replacement -- thanks!

The container system feels a bit flimsy, and after inspection I have serious doubts that it's air-tight.

I buy my dogs Orijen dry food and it costs a fair amount because it's high quality stuff. I was looking for a top-notch storage system to keep their excess food fresh. This two-container system came well-reviewed, and so I figured it was worth a try over a Lowe's 5-gallon bucket (which is INCREDIBLY hard to re-open once you've got the lid secure).

For what I paid, I was hoping for something a bit more substantial than what I got. I'm using it, but I'm not happy with it.
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.