Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Size: 12-Quart and 33-Quart|Color: Blue|Change

Showing 1-10 of 324 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 351 reviews
on October 17, 2014
NOTE THE BOTTOM BIN IS ACTUALLY LARGE ENOUGH TO HOLD A 30LB BAG OF DOG FOOD. Knowing our brand of dog food (Taste of the Wild) is sold in 30lb bags, I thoroughly searched Amazon and this was the only container I could find that met my other needs (airtight and wheeled) and also included an auxiliary container to hold what I thought would be that "extra" 5lbs (since the bottom bin is marketed for 25lb bags). Turns out, I didn't even need the top container. Not the end of the world as I now have an extra container for treats but if you also buy 30lb bags and are looking to save some money, you could probably find a similar but cheaper product that doesn't include the top bin. For my original intention, this would've been perfect because I anticipated using up the 5lbs in the top bin, then taking it off and just using the bottom bin until the rest of the bag was gone. However, if you plan on putting treats or something else in the smaller bin and you want to keep them stacked as shown in the picture, remember you will have to take the top bin off before being able to open the lid to the bottom. I keep the two bins stored separately so this isn't an inconvenience for me but I can imagine it would become pretty irritating to unstack them 3x a day (or however often you feed your dog), every day.
Otherwise, I'm fairly happy with this product. The wheels make it flexible and convenient. It probably is airtight due to the rubber seal but I'd like it better if the lid shut more tightly. It's good enough to keep bugs out but it just doesn't give you that satisfying snap that other airtight containers often do so I can't help but wonder if the contents are staying as fresh as they could. Fortunately, our puppy goes through bags of food fast enough that staleness isn't a problem! If I were King of the World, I would probably also make the plastic a little more opaque, like grey or dark brown, because my personal preference is to keep things stored out of sight to reduce visual clutter. Some people might like the transparency so they can monitor how much is left but you know that by just opening the lid!
Overall, good product which does more than advertised. Not perfect but what is?

UPDATE - Not sure what's been going on with my previous "30lb" bags of dog food which completely fit into the bottom bin, but my most recent 30lb bag required the entire 33 quart bottom bin + part of the upper 12 quart top bin. When I convert the measurements from quarts to pounds, this makes sense and that's why I bought this two-part unit in the first place. I guess Taste of the Wild just shorted me on those other bags :-(!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 10, 2014
I use this for holding food for my rabbit. I put hay in the large bottom container, and pellet food in the top. After two years of usage, I can say I am happy with the product.

This is a pretty straightforward design: two stackable clear containers with hinged & locking color lids, one of which is on wheels. The locking handles are durably-built and can hold up to daily usage. The hinge system is also well-designed as it is easy to remove the tops, plus the tops are made to come apart from the bottom of the container under certain stress such as bending it back too far (rather than break off.) Each container's lid has a small groove in which a foam material sits inside of to help make a tighter seal when closed. This system works pretty well, and it helps keep the hay inside of it fresh for an extended period. It's also easy enough to clean.

With two years of daily usage, the containers have held up well. I was initially concerned about the durability of the locking handles and hinges (given they are plastic), but after two years of usage they are still functioning flawlessly.

So if you need a bigger container set for pet food, this is definitely a good choice and a good value given the quality of the product.
on March 4, 2017
I bought this container as a convenient way to store two types of dog food in a small space. I use it without the wheels (they come in a separate package - so I just didn't install them). I also removed the lid from the large container and nestled the smaller container inside the larger one. This seems to provide an airtight (enough) seal and further reduces the overall height to just over 18 inches. This does, of course, reduce the capacity of the larger container but it works for me. Everything appears to be well made and the product arrived in good condition.
on January 17, 2017
I purchased these bins shortly after getting a rabbit. They both hold food and litter and keep it fresh. They have wheels so they're super easy for college dorms, moving them around all the time. They're not heavy and they stack really nicely. I'm considering ordering another set for the big box of litter sitting in my dorm room. I highly suggest them.
on October 19, 2011
I bought three of these almost 6 months ago. They're great! I originally bought them after ordering 3 large 25# commercial-use bags of powdered milk. Obviously, I use a lot of it! It only took two to accommodate all 3 bags with just a little left over. If you leave the wheels off, you can stack them like any other tote. When stacking them, I had the wheels on the bottom one and left them off the other one. They don't take up much floor space either, which is really nice. The smaller ones that sits on top, I use for all sorts of things. I took one smaller one, put dog food, portable bowls, a few toys, grooming brush, etc. on a cross-country trip with 2 little dogs. It was perfect. Everything was together so I only had to grab one thing when stopping for the night and my "girls" had everything we needed. Another smaller one holds a supply of "chewy" treats. If you use the large one for dog food, you'd have the food & treats together in one place.
Just one note, there is a mild odor inside when you first get them. Be sure to wash them out before using for food and in time, the odor dissipates. Highly recommend.
on June 20, 2012
Let's face it - with food prices going up a heck of a lot faster than wages, buying food in bulk to save money is becoming more and more of a common practice. These containers are great for storing bulk food. I ordered 2 sets. The smaller container will hold over 20 pounds of sugar, and the larger one is great for large bags of rice or flour. I leave the rice and flour in its original bag and just put the entire thing into the bin, then just cut off the tops for easy scooping. I usually have one large bin with 2 huge bags of rice (25 pounds or more each), and the other large bin I have a big bag of bread flour and a big bag of all purpose flour (bread flour is dirt cheap when bought in bulk instead of 5 pound bags). For the two small bins, I filled one with white sugar and the other with open bags of other baking products: corn meal, cake flour, whole wheat flour, etc.

Now I can buy food in bulk, save money, and I don't have to worry about bugs getting into my flour, or ants getting into my sugar.
on December 7, 2014
IRIS Airtight Pet Food Storage Combo - 12 Qt, Navy; 33 Qt, Navy: Works great as my dry kitty food keeper. I put the larger bag of kibble (dry food) in the large hopper and the snacks and treats go up top in the smaller keeper. You could also put cans of food in either, but the big keeper is meant for the food bags.

The smaller keeper has a few pieces of plastic that extend down from the lid. I'm not sure why they were added to the design (stiffener for the lid, product placement in the tub) but they can bump up against what you have inside, so sometimes I need to reposition the snacks before closing the keeper.

The casters are not very beefy and wouldn't hold a heavier load. I put a 16 lb. bag inside the big keeper unit and it holds just fine. Freshness seems to last longer for the food and kitty seems to appreciate that. MEEEOOWW!

I would recommend this product to others.
There isn't a lot to say about storage bins. I purchased these to keep our Royal Canin Feline Urinary SO Dry Cat Food 17.6 Pound Bag fresh and accessible. Although the Royal Canins comes in a 17 lbs. bag with a zip-lock, it's bulky and impractical to handle to refill bowls over and over. I liked the fact that these IRIS storage containers came as two separate pieces. I keep one upstairs for bowl filling along with the IRIS Pet Food Scoop, 2 Cups, Clear and the other larger bin downstairs in storage with extra food. I have found that the large 33 Quart bin holds 17 lbs of kibble perfectly.

These are well constructed and made in the USA. I love that! The reason I gave these 4 stars is because of the latching mechanism in the front. The latch is a little soft and I feel that it unlatches almost too easily. Conversely, it is infinitely better than a latch you have to pry hard to open. A feature that makes up for this a top hinge located at the back of the unit that keeps the top in place. This
was a thoughtful feature.

The casters / wheels that come with the bins easily slip right in on the bottom of the larger bin. Straight forward. Great set and very convenient.
on June 13, 2017
Greatest pet buy EVER. I love these storage bins and I can put the dog food in the bottom and the cat food in the top. Very convenient to have for storage purposes. I like how I can wheel it out of the way whenever I want and there is no problem with it. The wheels come out with little effort just in case you don't want the wheels there. I am going to get another one for the cat litter and treats. This was such a great buy and I would recommend this to anyone.
on November 1, 2016
I purchased this rolling storage container a few months ago and I love it! I am able to fit a 25lbs bag of dog food with a bit of room left over. The separated top container I use for my dog's meds/vitamins. I was expecting it to be a little flimsy because it's a fraction of the cost at a retail pet store, but it's not. In fact, it's pretty high quality and even better than ones I've purchased at the pet store. I have a menu desk in my kitchen and both containers fit perfectly underneath it. Being able to store the food and meds/vitamins in these containers has helped make room in our pantry and keeps it neat and organized. I highly recommend this storage container for pet food. It works great and am considering buying one as a gift to a family member with large breed dogs who also have large breed appetites!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.