Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SmartCat Bootsie's Bunk Bed and Playroom for Cats
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on September 12, 2012
BEWARE! NOT FOR CATS OF ALL AGES!!! I just had the scare of a lifetime. I got this today and within a few minutes my 6 week old kitten got her head stuck in one of the openings. She was of course freaking out screaming and twirling. After several attempts to get her out we had to rush her to the vet. It took them about 5 minutes to get her out. They had to hold her head in a specific position in order to push one ear out then the other (during this time you can hear her screaming in the lobby area). Not a pleasant experience. I included photos.
review image review image
3535 comments| 295 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2010
I really thought my cat would enjoy this, especially since he's a big fan of boxes. He totally ignored it in favor of the shipping box and the product box.

The quality is great. It's easy to put together, and it appears to be very durable. I just wish my cat would actually use it. :(
review image
66 comments| 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 11, 2009
The product ordered is exactly as advertised. It is sturdy and my cats lay on and in it all the time. They like to hang over the top and play with the toys. I would recommend to cat lovers.
on November 29, 2011
I foster kittens, and I would not recommend this toy for young kittens under 2-3 months of age. Each group of kittens I fostered LOVED this item, they would spend hours playing with the toys and running through the tunnel and batting at each other through the holes. Its easy to clean and disinfect, so I thought it was perfect for my situation. I guess I never realized one of my foster kittens would actually try and stick its head through one of the holes. Furthermore, I never thought one of my kittens heads would actually FIT through the holes...but somehow one of them tried it, and it got stuck and started panicking, and then the mom cat was panicking, and then I was panicking, and there was a lot of panicking!! THANK GOODNESS I was there when it happened, thank goodness for the scruff response (it calmed the kitten and reduced the panicking) and thank goodness after about 10 minutes, I was finally able to get my kittens big a@& head out.

So yeah. I didn't have a good experience with this toy. Lol.
on July 26, 2012
Warning! This toy is NOT for kittens!!! A 5 hour ordeal unfolded when my 2.5 lb foster kitten's head was stuck in the hole. It was broadcast live on my kitten cam, so people all over the world watched the poor thing struggle to get free. She is fine now, but do NOT buy this unless their heads are 1 1/2 times bigger than the size of the little holes. I didn't think any of my kittens heads' would fit in, but somehow, they managed. Here's a photo. Poor baby was so scared.
[...]
22 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2009
I have two 3 month old kittens and as soon as I got this set up, which by the way was extremely easy, they started playing with it. One gets inside and one gets outside and they bat at each other through the holes; they also drag the toys through the holes and play with them. Only negative-I wish the string holding the stuffed anmal was made of sturdier material-they had it cut within an hour or so. I knotted it back once and then stuck a paper clip through it when the knot also failed. This was a great purchase and my kitties have thoroughly enjoyed it so far.
on October 21, 2011
This product needs to have a big warning sign on it. It is NOT SAFE for young kittens. My 3 month old kitten got her head stuck in one of the holes and could not get it out. I read another review where the same thing happened to another person too. Luckily, I was home and had to fold her ears back first and then back her head out. Needless to say, it is in the closet until she gets older. I don't want to say all bad things about it though. My older cats love to hide inside and if you buy the topper thing they love to scratch on that too. It is great for cats...I'd say...6 months and older just to be safe. If I had not been home, she would have panicked and strangled herself to death probably. I will also be contacting the company because the product clearly says "for all ages". It should say for cats 6 months and older.
33 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 20, 2010
This appeared as a Gold Box Lightning Deal one day, so I bought it on an impulse for my cat's Christmas. I am so glad I did. She loves "hiding" in it (although the box is not as long as an adult cat is so her nose and tail stick out) and she loves the little tassel and spider that hang on the side. When she is not playing with it she loves lying on the pillowed top, and the pillow is not only removable but has a good thickness to it.

As others have mentioned, this is easy to assemble. I had to take it apart because I put the wrong tab in the wrong slot and it took me both hands to do it, so that goes to show how securely it is fastened once the tabs are put in the slots. The wood is also thick and has a smooth, polished finish all around, so there is no rough sides to it. I was very impressed by the quality.

I will definitely buy some other items from the Smart Cat line in the future. Everyone in our household is impressed.
on July 1, 2012
It was very east to set up. Strong and good quality.Cats like to be high so I put table in front of windows but they can not see the view from window because the table is lower than the window. I was looking for something that they can lay down and can see the view. I found this bunk bet and thought this might be perfect for it. I put this on the table and now they can see the view on the confortable mat. All three cat love this and always around the bunk bed. I covered the red mat by pillow case so that I can easy to clean it. I down loaded the pics. you can see they really like it. I recommended.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on March 29, 2014
I have two cats and was hoping that one could hang out on top and the other on the inside. I only recently actually put this together, but in a short time I think they've both been in there twice at the same time. One or the other seems to prefer to lie on the cushion on the top, though. They're not that into the toys, but I'm glad they're there just in case. It was a snap (literally) to put together. I keep it on top of a two-drawer wooden filing cabinet (the higher up the better, ya know!) and put one of their little blankets on the cabinet, so the inside part has something nice and soft under it. My larger cat is 12 or 13 pounds, and she fits just fine on either level. I would give this 5 stars except I wish the cushion had some velcro or something on it because it starts to slide off and I have to readjust it every time. Not a big deal, but I figured 4 stars would be more accurate. I have a photo of the two of them on/in there but I'm not sure if/how to post it.
review image