Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Ellen

Color: Squirrel|Size: Large|Change

Showing 1-10 of 848 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 922 reviews
on December 19, 2014
This is the 4th one of these I have gotten for my dogs over the years. My dogs are 45lb and 65lb and destructive with their toys.

I am first going to address some negative reviews I have read:
1) "Not for heavy chewers" Okay, my dogs only goal in life is to destroy her toys.I do not believe anyones dog destroyed this toy in a day.
2) "Flimsy and cheaply constructed" - No, this is actually one of the better made toys I have found, I love Kyjen and for a fabric toy it's the best.
3) "lasted 5 minutes!!! DONT WASTE MONEY!!!" No, again, this toy could not be destroyed in 5 minutes.

I think there is a fine line here on destroyed vs played with.

If you are looking for a pretty toy that will look exactly the same after your dog plays with it, go with a kong. With that being said, this toy has stuffed head, and the legs, my dog got into those right away, first 10 minutes or so. So she is left with a mat with squeakers, I am guessing some people consider this "destroyed" and throw it away. My dog doesn't care if her toy looks like a hedgehog or a pile of crap, so if it's still useable to her, I don't care either.

"You purchased this item on October 8, 2014. " that was my most recent purchase, and today is 12/19/2014, her mat has 6 of 12 squeakers left, it's like half of the original mat, and yes the rest is torn off, it' s sort of triangular. She likes it, she still plays with it every day, so it's still a toy for her.Her toy box is full of half toys and limbs, and while it does look like a serial killers trophy stash, she doesn't care. Having a toy look like something is not for dogs, it's for humans, your dog doesn't care what the toy looks like.

With that being said, if you have a dog that is going to chew and eat squeakers, then yes, a mat with 12 squeakers is not the right choice for you.
11 comment| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 1, 2011
I have two pitbulls - 70 and 50 lbs - who rip through stuffed animals like there is no tommorow. Anything that is plush and squeaks usually lasts about 10 minutes in our house and their toy bin is basically full of unstuffed carcasses. These squeaker mats though lasted weeks. There is little actual stuffing in them its basically a ton of seams and lots of squeakers - If you have strong dogs, this is the toy for you, even after the squeakers are gone they hold up pretty well as pull toys - I have 4 or 5 of them.
22 comments| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2012
This pig squeaker toy is great. We have had it for about a month now and it has survived. My dogs believe that the purpose of a squeak toy is to remove and destroy the squeaker. They have attacked this toy with a vengenge and it is still holding up. I've also noticed that they carry this particular toy with they from room to room. It is used as a pillow and a tug toy. The stitching on it doesn't appear to be anything special but it is really holding up to the torture test. I will be buying more of this type of toy, it is well worth the money and I don't miss picking up toy stuffing everyday.

Edit: 12/24/2012 The pig is still hanging in there. I can't believe it. We have never had any toy last this long without the squeaker being removed or collapsed. Happy Shopping and Merry Christmas to all.

Edit: 07/27/2013 I just had to tell everyone that this is the FIRST and only toy of this type to make it over a year. The head is gone, the feet and slowly being tugged off, I have washed it several times and now it also goes outside with the dogs. FYI If you have watched Marley and Me, I own a Marley..and he loves his Piggy. I wish every toy I bought held up this well. Happy Shopping.
on December 25, 2013
Indy is a lovable pit mix and can be highly destructive with toys. Indy loves squeakers. Indy loves plush toys. Naturally, this toy was a hit! She loved to toss it up and catch it and run around with it. Within 3 minutes, she took the head off. Within 10 minutes, she got a squeaker out. Within a day... I had shredded squirrel and plastic chewed bits all over. Seriously, this thing makes a MESS. This material makes lots of little bits and pieces when it is destroyed. Threads and fur were everywhere and Indy was very pleased with herself. She chewed on the squeakers til they died and thankfully she doesn't swallow these things. If you have a dog that would swallow squeakers... well this thing is easy to rip up so it could pose as a danger to them.
review image
on June 29, 2015
I had purchased four toys, thinking with the toys that was a good toy, well I should have made a request for a toy that was or had for be a Lab, only forty to 55 lbs. If the toy has squeaker in it, hit's a history toy. I am not upset with anyone but me me, I knew better then buy one not 4. I gave the one away, the Lamb, I do know if she played with it or tore it up. The Lab is 10, she is not a puppy, but she gets what is wants most of the time, she's our Baby Girl, Recue that has a good home now.
review image
on December 14, 2012
This is a tough review to write...
Is it the toy that had issues or the squeakers that drove him to mad-lamb disease?

I wish this review didn't need to be starred as I am conflicted.

My gentle border collie took this toy to bed with him. So cute and cuddly.
He snuggled it and licked its head.

I went to check on him two hours later, as he doesn't normally nap that long.

All but one squeaker had been removed by him. It was mass carnage.
Bits of lamb and squeaker bits covered his bed. I never heard a peep.

Obviously, we won't be purchasing any more squeaker toys.
He still carries the shredded lamb around by it's head and has left the rattle in the head alone.

I will say it is well-sewn. However, each squeaker is made with two pieces of plastic, one of which is rather small. This is a safety/choking issue.

So... I'm 50% pleased, and 50% disappointed. A bit of a conundrum.
on April 13, 2017
We have a GSP that is a really aggressive chewer. Normal toys get destroyed within minutes.

After reading the reviews of this we decided to try it. We have had it about a month and its still mostly in one piece. The head has gone and some of the squeakers are missing but the rest of it is hanging in there. I would definitely recommend this dog toy.

The only concern that I have is the squeakers, fortunately our dog ignores them when she has chewed them out of the toy, but they could easily be swallowed.
on October 24, 2015
This is on the top 10 list of indestructible toys. None are actually indestructible but I was hoping this would last longer. It was done in 15 minutes over 2 days (timed it). It's cute and soft but dogs don't care about that. Instead of buying this, cut a slit in a tennis ball. It's cheaper and my dog loves to chew it because it makes some kind of noise. I'm going to try to preserve this toy by putting some loud paper to stuff into it or something. Suggestions would be appreciated. Here's the story if you're interested...

I received this yesterday 10/23/15. I have a 9 month old female Pit Bull about 55lbs. She is destructive with her toys but I don't think as much as some other dogs that I've read in the reviews but I've never had a Pit before or a dog for that matter. All of this destroying toys in 20 minute is new to me. I might as well give her a 10 or 20 dollar bill and watch her tear that apart every couple weeks since that's what I feel is happening here. She does love paper!

Anyways, within 5 minutes she killed half the squeakers with one bite. Her teeth are sharp and they puncture the squeaker and they can't take it. We took the toy away to preserve it for another day.

I gave it to her the next morning, 10/24/15, and noticed she had a goal--DESTROY THE SQUEAKERS! Less than 10 minutes the head was gone and ALL the squeakers are broken and a few she has managed to get out and chew those to death. Success!

She is now bored with it and has moved on to her other non squeaking toys and can't find anything she likes besides her tennis ball but that only entertains for another 5 minutes. She does love bully sticks also but those are too much $$ for an everyday thing and she finishes those, even the long ones in 10 minutes or less.

I'm going to try the empty water bottle in a sock and see what happens....
review image review image review image
on December 16, 2015
Ok, I have to be honest I bought this toy not expecting it to last. See, we have a very small house, squeaking toys are not a good thing in a small house, so our poor 8 month old pit puppy had never had a squeaking toy. I figured, why not--if it's really annoying I can put it up. It was and it's been put up many times--but IT LIVES (sort of)!

At the same time I purchased this toy I also purchased a Kong Snugga Wubba the Wubba is gone and was gone after about 2 weeks. That is not to say that this toy has survived completely in tact--far from it. She's methodically 'killed' each squeaker (which really took longer than I thought it would), then chews and works on the square until she can get the plastic squeaker out to chew on (we don't allow her to have this toy if we are not right there with her because of this) which we immediately take from her (or if we're lucky, we see she's working on one and can get it out before she does). The lack of stuffing is also a big plus!

8 weeks later, there are about 6 squeakers left inside the toy, one of which still works somehow. The tail is gone and a foot is missing, but she loves this toy. She throws it and catches it and chews on it and licks it, she even sleeps with it. It looks like H.E. double hockey sticks, but I have not been more impressed with a plush toy.

I will definitely be buying more of these!
on March 20, 2017
So, my pitbull loves this little piggy...for the half hour he had it. The pig was decapitated and taken away within that time frame. Sewed it back up, only to have all squeakers gone within the next few days. With that said, the quality is sub-par and this pig is not made for aggressive chewers/rough players.