Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,628 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,915 reviews
on December 20, 2015
When I originally saw this movie when it came out, I maybe didn't appreciate it. It was a fast paced and decent fun movie without much in the way of stakes or anything that kept me interested. But watching the movie now, I can appreciate it more. While I don't think it touches the first MIB, it does enough new and interesting things to keep things fresh.

Many of the original films cast comes back for round 2. And it does give us a chance to get more screen time out of certain characters who may not have had much of a chance to shine before. So the dynamic of the movie feels quite a lot different. Especially since the roles of teacher and student have been reversed.

Now the biggest change about this film is pacing. Whereas the first film has points of discovery, and gives you time to take the world in that it has built, the sequel doesn't let up. This is a movie that has a lot to take in. And most things happen pretty rapidly. There is a real fast pacing. And even when the movie slows down for certain scenes, it still drives the movie forward.

The weak points are definitely a lack of a strong villain. Funnily, I think the second ban n Ana character that Johnny Knoxville plays would have made for a better central protagonist. Certainly, he had the most memorable role on the villains side.

And the ending I felt was very weak. The movie just sort of ended. The climax and the ending overall just didn't get much of a rise out of me. It felt a bit like an afterthought.

But overall, it's a film worth watching, and I can say now that even though it isn't perfect, and it has its rough spots, the constant pace that the movie sets really makes the movie for me.
This movie pokes fun at just about everything while starring two of my favorite actors, Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones. An energetic score, as the background for this movie, was written by the enormously talented and creative composer, Danny Elfman, who tragically died recently in a private plane crash. Few sequels are able to carry the "joke" as well as this movie has done.
on August 27, 2015
It had been awhile since I first saw MIB I, so I had forgotten some of the peculiarities of this storyline. Now having recently seen MIB II, I'm surprised I didn't remember! Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones make a great couple of "planet protecting special agents"! Additionally, the special effects for the alien creatures used in the show are very impressive, considering how far digital graphic effects have evolved in the past decade. I'd call this an entertaining film suitable for families with children above the age 7. There is lots of action, special effects body morphing and object transforming (I love cars that convert to spacecraft at the push of a button). There is also great humor, and lots of science-fiction weaponry. It's the classic saga of good over evil, saving the world from destruction by alien forces sent to planet Earth. You'll enjoy it, despite the predictable ending that we all expect in such tales.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon August 17, 2015
░░░░░IT GROWS ON YOU░░░░░

You can't say Men in Black II was as good as the original. It's just not. When I first saw it in the theater years ago I didn't like it much at all. But over the years it's grown on me. It's funny. The characters don't change in the sequel, which is just about the worst thing you can do in a follow up. K is still K and J is still J.

I actually learned to appreciate how the entire movie is made to be reminiscent of a 1950's serial sci fi film. It's cheesy, but with modern special effects.

What the movie lacks is a good story. That's where it's weak. You just don't care if anyone finds the Light of Zarthon or not.

It's worth watching. It grows on you after a while to the point where it's worth 90 minutes of your time. But the first and third installments in the series were better.
on September 16, 2015
Join the Men in Black in a foolishly wild race against time to save the Earth...once again. Agent J must de-neuralize his former partner, the feared agent K, who's gone postal in more ways than one, in order to unlock the secret to saving the Earth from an evil, power-mad alien disguised as one of Victoria's Secrets. Sounds crazy? Well nod ya head...it is. Crazy fun with non-stop action and non-stop laughs. A few other-worldly friends from the original MIB movie have stumbled their way into this new madness for even more laughs.

My absolute favorite of all the MIB movies. A must have for those times you feel the need to strap yourself in and take a wild ride with the guardians of the galaxies.
on February 14, 2017
It's rare that a sequel lives up to its predecessor, but in this case, I honestly think that they actually made a sequel that outshines the original.
on May 30, 2015
Great performance and entertainment. I recommend A++
review image
on May 7, 2015
I love the MIB series, but somehow I've gone this long with only seeing bits and pieces of this one. So today I finally decided to sit down and watch it beginning to end. It's exactly what I expected; Agents J and K in the same roles as before fighting more alien crime, saving the world. I like this movie a lot, but in my opinion the first and third are better. This one just doesn't stand out as much.

If you haven't seen the MIB movies before, be warned: they are extremely stupid. They're hilarious, but they are silly and you have to really stretch your imagination to believe some of the situations that they get into. You have to be in the right mood to enjoy them and you have to try not to take it too seriously.
on June 3, 2017
Holds up, entertains, has a heart, and so, so funny. Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones bring it! Happy viewing~*
on June 13, 2015
I'm only getting mono audio from Amazon but had the tech on the line. It was hard to pay attention to the Tech for the wise cracking dog. Everyone knows this is a classic. I forgot how great and truly funny the dialogue is. So I switched to Netflix where I get a full 5.1.