Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Ellen

Format: Blu-ray|Change
Price:$4.25+ Free shipping (Addon item)

Showing 1-10 of 1,472 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,981 reviews
on May 20, 2016
I'm not sure where to begin. Is it perhaps the irony of buying a consumer product that speaks to the ills of consumerism? Yet I see in Fight Club the greatest gift to society. I see in it the solution to the world's present state of permanent adolescence.

Never before has a generation so diligently recorded themselves accomplishing so little. Society has us chasing 'likes' and 'shares' so we can feel more important than we are. We're posting photos of our food as if what we had for dinner defines us a person. We treat elections like reality TV shows. We're paying for higher education in order to get jobs that pay for our higher education. We believe we are all going to be social media stars and movie gods. But we won't. What we think is anti-establishment is establishment. We've become the thing that we stood against.

All this potential, being squandered. I'm thinking Fight Club is what we really need. If you open your mind and let go, it will change your life. It will have you sizing people up. You'll start wearing more red. You'll look at ads and start asking "why?" You'll get in better shape, not for others, but for yourself. You'll realize a controlling woman is the last thing you need in your life. You'll appreciate soap. You'll laugh at others trying to get the perfect selfie. You'll start thinking for yourself.

Trust me,
Tyler
33 comments| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 13, 2016
Love this movie, always have, and the quality of the Blu-ray is great. The reason I gave it 4/5 stars is because the title "Multi-Format" is misleading; it's only the Blu-ray copy of the movie, no bonus DVD or what I was hoping for, a digital version.
on December 29, 2015
I have never seen a movie this good, or honestly quite this twisted. I enjoyed all the backstory at the beginning, and the ending was so unpredictable that it kind of scared me, and I was thinking about it for the rest of the day, so much so that I had to watch it again to understand it, and it was no less interesting, and I caught the single frame flashes of Tyler Durden at the beginning, and that was creepy to me. On the top movies list on imdb, this is number 10, and it is one of the only one that I believe deserves the rating it got. I recommend that averyone who likes action or scary movies should watch this movie. Hope this helped!
-Julian
on May 10, 2017
Still arguably my all time favorite movie. Also the movie that got me into the work of author Chuck Palahniuk. I'm probably the least violent dude you'll ever meet, but this movie is about so much more than fighting (yeah, there's violence, but there's so much more to it than that - a lot of the subplots could even make interesting feature length films, like being a support group "tourist" - a very quirky, original idea. The book and movie are chock full of gold like that). About the desperate lengths some people go to to try to find their place in, and to try to cope with, our maddening capitalist, corporate, Type A, workaholic, macho, "alpha", Trump-loving society (been there - if only my "escape" was as cool and resourceful as Tyler, haha).

Plus it really makes you question said society, whether you should keep trying to be a "normal", soulless corporate drone, endlessly chasing "success", or go your own way (which is what I've tried to do). I didn't agree with all Tyler said, and certainly not with all his methods, but I agreed with enough of what he said to make him one of the most interesting book and film characters I've ever encountered. David Fincher's best film. If only more films could do Chuck's writing justice (not as big a fan of his recent stuff, but some of his earlier stuff could still make great films, just wish the movie of Choke had turned out better). If you agree with my review at all, you can mostly find me these days at twitter dot com/ShyLivesMatter Peace :)
on November 7, 2014
We were delighted, then baffled, then again delighted when the new Blu-Ray version of Fight Club arrived in the mail the other day. Popping it into the A.V. Club Blu-Ray player we watched in dismay as the menu screen appeared, and with it images and music from 1999 Drew Barrymore comedy Never Been Kissed. As much as we adore that movie—with its documentary-like depiction of the Chicago journalism scene—it was Fight Club we wanted to watch. Then the image gave way to Fight Club’s familiar living IKEA catalog and we realized we’d been duped.

So, what the what?
on May 21, 2014
This review is more about the bluray quality than the movie. The disk software is also as unusual and entertaining as the movie itself.

I've seen FC on DVD, cable, Netflix and bluray is the best there is. The color and contrasts are beyond peer as exceedingly rich: the grime and dirty look of project mayhem's headquarters, clothing, faces, are most strikingly clear and heavily detailed and 'pop' out to you. The DTS sound track provides the best separation and dynamic range than anything broadcast or streaming delivers as of this writing. Because of the story line, this movie is rarely played on cable, except as on-demand or Netflix, for $8 disc and this quality, it can't be beat.
on December 2, 2015
Many people have written excellent reviews already. I wouldn't attempt to outdo them. There are many nuances/layers to this film and it takes many people to review. Let's just kick off by saying it is GENUINELY comic - from the writing to the direction to the acting.

On my third viewing, what strikes me more than ever is the very fine, fine writing. The performers of course do excellently with so much to work with. It's timeless stuff. Most of the lines (and I am talking 99%) are as comic as they were the week the film came out. That is a sign of good writing. And then of course there is the plotting. I rented this becuz a friend of mine, to my astonishment, had never seen it. He was really surprised at the ending. This shows you how well plotted it actually is.

Personally, I think theme of growing up holds much water and it is interesting to re-view the movie with this in mind (once you're past your reactions to the excellent direction/production).

I got so interested, I went on youtube and accessed Edward Norton's fabulous SAG interview for two hours, as well as those cheesy vids explaining things about fight club you probably didn't know. Fight Club is more than a magnificient movie, a symbol of its times/mindset. It's a head trip designed to get you in a dialogue with your SELF. Doesn't get much better than that. Growing up is BRUTAL.
on November 8, 2016
Blue ray anniversary edition. The movie is the same as remembered. The quality of the picture is much better on Blu ray. Good movie with the buy.
on April 3, 2015
Was nice to add this to my DVD/Blu Ray collection. Unfortunately the first one I received had an apparent mass production error (my first time encountering it with a Blu Ray - had many issues over the years with DVDs not always working). It was playing normally the first time after I got home from work and but I fell asleep. When I went to watch it over it froze and had to unplug my Blu Ray player. Tried to watch extras and froze at one point. Put in a exchange request and received a new one in about a week which worked. Happy!
FIGHT CLUB is a tremendous movie. Based on a 1996 novel by Chuck Palahniuk, this 1999 feature film takes on thirtyish male alienation with a few simple "Fight Club" rules (the first two of which are the same, to never talk about it) . . . but then broadens and deepens into a kind of postmodern satire on the corporate mentality and the perils of perception. Edward Norton, Brad Pitt and Helena Bonham Carter head up a talented, over-the-top cast. Bells-and-whistles are all anyone could ask, and at this time the DVD is insanely cheap. Recommended without reservation.