Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery March Birthstone Shop Popular Services billions billions billions  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 35 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 43 reviews
on October 29, 2015
My cats love it! My only complaint is that I cannot open the packaging without scissors. I am NOT frail, but the package is sealed TIGHTLY.
on April 25, 2011
After watching the documentary "Food Inc" I myself decided to eat only grass fed meat. Animals such as cows and pigs have a very difficult time processing grains especially corn. I didn't think about it before, but why would I feed my Daisy the food I am trying so hard to avoid? The other brands such as Iams is filled with corn. If the the bag says chicken, it should really say: grains with a dash of chicken.

Daisy is a Siamese and she just recently finished her 6lb bag and what a difference! Her coat is super silky, she has a leaner "sexier" figure. And she loves the dry food! Before BG she would only eat her dry food as a last resort if we didn't give her wet food. Now she chooses BG over the wet food. The best part is that her poop doesn't smell as bad as it used to. She literally begs for BG every morning and then again at night. She loves it. It may cost more than regular cat food, but think about what you are paying for. Regular cat food is just grains and you should only pay a dollar per bag. The first ingredient in BG is chicken then followed by veggies and fruits.

If you love your pet and want to give them the nutrition they deserve, definitely without a doubt feed them Before Grain.
on January 25, 2013
I have a cat with digestive issues... up until now the only thing he would tolerate since birth was veterinary food :/ I tried adding in other commercial cat foods with the same ingredients (and percentages of ingredients)... but his "delicate" system wouldn't tolerate anything until NOW!... I've added this gradually, and with no problem... he's now at a full 60/40 (60 Merrick, 40 veterinary), and I have hope that I won't have to buy veterinary food for him for the rest of his life. PLUS! the other cat likes it, too!
on January 12, 2015
After much research, I decided that we would give this dry cat food a try. I use it to supplement his wet food in case he gets hungry before I get home from work. He enjoys it and will even eat it instead of his wet food. I've reordered this many times. Good stuff!
on November 5, 2015
My 2 year old cat has been fed on this cat food for several months and she loves it. She will empty the food feeder each morning and night. However, I noticed that she gradually gained weight so I checked the ingredients carefully. I found the sweet potatoes were among the top ingredients. Potatoes or sweet potatoes might be the reason for gaining weight so I changed for another high protein cat food. She disliked the new food and ate only a little each time. Then my cat caught some skin disease and I thought it might have something to do with the lower immune system. So I quickly changed back to Merrick and she's happy again, starting to eat right away. If you have a cat picky about taste, this is a great high quality option to try.
on March 17, 2014
This is no longer available at our local pet food store. The new Bistro version is different and not tolerated as well by our cat. I have noticed that the price is starting to increase, so we will look for an alternative if it becomes too costly or unavailable here.
on August 24, 2015
I was looking for high quality pet food at a more affordable price, and this is it. ( I had no problem switching my shelter-rescue kitties 1 year and 2 years old) from cheap commercial donation food to this. They both love it, and they seem satisfied after they eat it. Their fur is sleek and shiny, eyes are bright, and they don't shed much at all. They are indoor kitties and are at a normal, healthy weight. I've been buying this for the last 2 years for our other kitties who were seniors until they passed away (RIP) with no problem.
on January 13, 2016
My cat loves it and has responded well to it for about 8 months now. As a random side note, her dandruff has almost totally gone away since being on this line. I don't know why. Her previous brand was all organic, but this one seems to agree with her, so I'm thankful!
on February 4, 2013
just feels healthy, the ingredients would indicate it is. took a bit of doing before the cats would switch from the (apparently) tastier shelf products, but once they switched, they stayed. even when the choice was offered.
on August 15, 2015
Even my most finicky cat loves this, selecting it over wet food almost every time. My only problem is she eats it so fast that it often comes back up soon made a dish that is very shallow and long. It slows her down enough to prevent the food from making an encore appearance. She is now gaining weight.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.