Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,513 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,229 reviews
on August 8, 2016
I was so happy to find this movie available as it is currently in the "Disney Vault" and not available for purchase in stores. I was slightly concerned that the UK import disk would not work in our Blu-ray player here in the United States. However, after traveling to Europe last week and discovering that Blu-ray discs play differently than DVDs, the UK import Blu-ray will play in any disc despite the difference of regions. We are so happy to own this Disney classic!
11 comment| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 18, 2016
Beautiful transfer to Blu-ray and well worth buying.

From buyer in US, no issues with this being played on a US Blu-ray player.
on April 2, 2017
First and foremost, I offer no spoilers in my reviews. Just a simple review of my thoughts on the film, the watch-ability and because I bought the 3D version I will touch breifly on the 3D aspect.

First, I absolutely adore Timone & Pumba, those two are a hoot. LOL Love the scene where the water turns into a *Ahem* hot-tub.. LOL Cracked me up, I'm still smiling as I write this...
The Story goes like this, A young lion cub (Simba) set's out on his own to explore and his father becomes very protective of him and tells him not to do that as it could be dangerous. Then against his fathers advice Simba sets out alone exploring again and gets caught up in a potential deadly situation. His father comes to his rescue and ends up losing his life while trying to save him. Except the one responsible for his death is really another male lion who wanted himself to be 'king of the pride' and Simba knows this as he saw it happen. The male lion banishes Simba never to return with the threat of telling everyone that he (Simba) will be blamed for his fathers death. Through Simba's journey of self discovery he makes many friends who ultimately help him grow into a strong male lion himself. He also falls in love along the way with a childhood friend (Nala) who convinces him to return to his pride and claim himself to be 'The Lion King'. I don't really want to go into any more detail than that as I don't want to give too much away. I will add that this is a MUST SEE Disney classic, one of the greats and not to be missed.
This movie had me welling up with tears a few times, laughing out loud, and just generally feeling good. This movie has a good message to tell and is heartfelt. Truely 'Epic' even. Bound to become a true classic

I watched this movie many years ago when it first came out, But recently bought it in 3D to add to my 3D movie collection. And I have to say what a visual treat this was being able to watch it in 3D. Let alone the fact that It's such an awesome movie / story! We as a family all enjoyed every minute of it. It is well written, flows well, and has enough depth to keep us entertained from beginning to end. It is my firm belief that this Disney animation will end up being one of the 'great' classics just like Bambi, Cinderella, Snow White, etc... This one did not disappoint. There are a few scenes with a little bit of violence in them, but nothing I would keep any of the young ones from viewing. And as for how well the 3D was done, well. it was GREAT! It always seems that animated films carry over quite well into 3D and this was no exception.

All in all I would have to say that this is a great animated Disney film that the ENTIRE family will enjoy. And you can feel safe enough to let the little ones watch it too without fear of too much violence or any bad language
on July 7, 2016
I just received this UK Import Lion King Blue Ray on July, 7, 2016. This IS an ALL REGION disk! Plays perfectly in our USA, Samsung Blue Ray player. I've included photos of the packaging with the all region symbol (ABC). It was sealed in an opaque sleeve, instead of cellophane, and all appeared new and unused. Great way to purchase a movie currently in the Disney vault in the USA!
on April 6, 2017
The all region bluray disc played well on a VIZIO BD Player for Region 1. The disc does have English subtitles option. There are a few extras which are not all that impressive. The video quality was vivid and sharp. The audio quality was crisp and clear. The movie is a classic story fit for pre-teens. There is cartoon violence but nothing gory. The story ends wth the presentation of a new beginning. This is the only Lion King movie produced by Disney worth collecting.
on April 20, 2017
First of all, I live in the United States, and this Blu-ray works fine with our players. I used it in a Samsung player as well as my Xbox One and it played well. There is no difference in quality since it is a licensed release. I purchased this UK version because it has been so long since there has been a release in the US and getting the previous release costs upwards of $50. I love The Lion King, but not enough to pay $50 for one Blu-ray. This is a great opportunity to get the movie at a reasonable price and dodging Disney's ridiculous release policy and prices is always a good thing.
on February 20, 2017
I was a little worried about buying a UK edition since i live in the US but I am so glad I took the chance. Since Disney decided that there will be no more 3D releases in the US I was heartbroken. Buying The Lion King in 3D was such an amazing decision. The movie was crisp and beautiful, took my breath away.
on December 27, 2016
My daughter was totally surprised and we enjoyed watching with family and friends over the holiday.
on April 6, 2017
This DVD works on all American dvd players as well as playstaions.
on November 11, 2016
If you are looking for the original lion king, DO NOT BUY THIS. It's a scam, with the lion king 2 in the first movie's casing.