Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment drwho drwho drwho  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

The Lion King
Format: DVD|Change

on August 8, 2016
I was so happy to find this movie available as it is currently in the "Disney Vault" and not available for purchase in stores. I was slightly concerned that the UK import disk would not work in our Blu-ray player here in the United States. However, after traveling to Europe last week and discovering that Blu-ray discs play differently than DVDs, the UK import Blu-ray will play in any disc despite the difference of regions. We are so happy to own this Disney classic!
11 comment| 153 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 10, 2017
Ha! In the vault, they say, well I got it anyway. And blu-ray isn't region specific, so there's no reason not to buy this way cheaper than the US copies while it's in the so-called vault.
on September 19, 2017
Excellent 3D conversion that adds great depth to the entire film and provides some nice, but not overabundant, pop-out effect. Played perfectly on my Samsung 4K player.
on April 9, 2016
It was our three year old's first time to watch The Lion King, and he loved it. The movie was just as good as I remember it being when I was little, and was quite the magical experience for our family to watch it together with our son.
on July 10, 2017
I love the movie, but some of the Spanish was changed from the original Disney version 20 years ago, and the subtitles do not match.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2011
I love this movie, I am a dad and my son loves it too! We are huge fans of animated movies, I'm more of a convert since my son started watching these with me and I'm trying to build my collection and pre-ordered this when Disney released the diamond edition recently! Storyline, screenplay and animation are all top class and good reasons for you to invest in this, but for my 2 year old the real kicker is the soundtrack, he loves the songs and the colors and the silly dances!

I love watching this with my son, have seen it at least 3 times now since I first saw it in theater! His other favorite was Cars (he was Lightning Mcqueen for this Halloween) but now I think Simba (or Pumba) has topped the list in his mind and toppled L.McQueen!

I love watching this now even more, after becoming a dad, this is actually a movie about a dad's love for his son and how that shapes him to be the King that he is! Even if most of us watching this would not be kings in real life (I'm just guessing here :)) you would be able to relate to this movie instantly! Well the script and the story are the reasons why I love it, but that is not all of it!

The animation is mind blowing and the details with which this is done rivals any of the new age animated movies, 1080p quality and 5.1 channel surround sound is fantastic! But the real reason a 2 years old child would love this, as i mentioned above, is because of the fantastic soundtrack and the silly dances!

So certainly a great buy for any one who likes animated movies and any household where little kids dictates what movies you watch on a weekend or movie night!
on April 19, 2016
This movie is a Disney classic for a reason! It has a beautiful, emotional storyline as well as an amazing soundtrack. The scenes are cinematic yet still fun and vibrant. It's fun for the whole family!
on July 5, 2017
This is the UK version. However, it played wonderfully for us and I didn't notice a difference. Shipping was SO fast.
on April 11, 2017
Very grainy and should be remastered. Just OK. 4 year old grandson watched but didn't get the reaction I was hoping for.
on December 30, 2016
Fantastic! Couldn't find one outside of this UK one. Disney put it in the vault, which is ridiculous. I bought this one for my 2 year old son so that he could watch a movie that I loved as a young child. It works perfectly! Great quality, original, no issues whatsoever!