Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Month Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on January 13, 2015
I have been looking for a pair of these in a small women's size and these are exactly what I wanted. They fit my small hand well so I can add logs to a hot fire in my wood fireplace insert and never feel the heat. They come 3/4 way up my arm, well past my elbow. These are worth the money. I am finally glad there was a small size that really fit my small women's hands.
Thank you.
7 helpful votes
8 helpful votes
on January 4, 2016
Length protects fingers to the elbows. The length doesn't fit if I have on a bulky sweater. We have a small woodstove so sometimes I need to get up close to adjust the wood to make another piece fit and it is nice to not have my skin feel scorched when I am 6 inches away tending to the fire. I have had my hand in the woodstove adding pieces and couldn't feel any difference, although touching a hot spot I could feel, but I wasn't burned. Also nice to have gloves that fit my hands instead of dealing with the bulky mens gloves! I have small-framed hands and there is still some wiggle room in the palm area. The fingers seem a bit short but doesn't effect the function while I am wearing them. Overall, I would recommend.
3 helpful votes
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 29, 2013
I had a hearth glove many years ago with which I could grab a log with red coals all over and hold it without ever having it get unbearably hot. This was back in 2005 and I could have sworn it was a gift someone gave me from pampered chef, but I cannot find it by searching their site, so perhaps it wasn't them.

This glove merely does an okay job. I can reach into the red hot depths of a fire and quickly move logs around, but lingering is not an option as it will get very hot very fast. If I do inadvertently grab a hot log for too long I have to quickly pull my hand out of the fire and remove it from the glove as it will retain the heat for a moment thereafter.

One might posit the question "Look, buddy....just how long do you intend to play with hot coals in a fireplace to begin with?". To which I might retort with "Listen...when I'm moving logs around in a fireplace I'd prefer not to react hastily because of experiencing searing heat. The old hearth glove I had allowed me to take my time and move logs where I wanted to move them accurately. WIth these gloves I feel that I have to act faster."
25 helpful votes
26 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on February 16, 2017
I purchased these gloves originally in February 2013. I am purchasing these same gloves again in February of 2017. They have held up to the rigors of everyday, all day use as we heat our home entirely with wood. No, I have never picked up a burning log because that's what my tools are for. I have though, knocked a few burning logs back into place. The long length keeps my arms protected from heat as I place the new logs into the wood stove. These get a 5 star from me because if I wanted to, I could have gone through the rest of the winter with these gloves. I am going to happily retire them to "backup / just in case" status. These gloves do exactly what they are supposed to do, and lasted a lot longer than the others I have purchased on the Amazon site.
on November 5, 2016
Seldom have I been able to find gloves that fit as finger length is usually too long despite general S or XS size. These actually fit my hands and are perfect for reaching into a hot oven as the length extends above my elbows. If you have small hands and have had trouble finding gloves that fit, these may be what you're looking for.
3 helpful votes
on January 17, 2015
As others have noted these are SMALL gloves. I have small hands and regularly have to buy the smallest sized gloves of any kind. These just fit me, but I can imagine this will be a tough fit for anyone else with normal sized hands. They work for me, but potential buyers should take note.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on December 8, 2014
I have one of the biggest fireplace wood inserts in the market, and that frequently means getting my hands deep inside of it, trying to arrange new logs for proper air flow while the thing is running. According to my thermometer it's anywhere from 500 to 750 Fahrenheit outside of the insert, so it must be much hotter inside. I've stuck my whole hand in there for several seconds and not only was I barely warm, but the gloves themselves came out unscathed. I've re arranged the logs and embers, using tools for several minutes and I felt I could still go on for much longer (while as before, without these gloves I could barely do more than 30 seconds of arranging embers with the tools, at a time). They are extremely comfortable, look very durable (hard leather on the outside, soft cotton inside) and will protect me almost up to my elbow. They look good next to the fireplace (they don't look out of place) and they also offer excellent protection against splints on while handling the wood. I absolutely recommend getting a pair of these if you heat your house using wood or otherwise handle firewood frequently.

my only concern is that because they are black, they may look dirty over time when they start accumulating ashes on them, I wish they offered these in gray color too. Also I don't know how well the leather will tolerate being washed, but that's not necessarily a product issue, but an inherent limitation of leather.
on February 15, 2015
I've used these for two seasons as hearth gloves. They offer good protection against radiant heat from a fire while I tend to it with a poker or tongs. There does not appear to be anything heat-resistant in the gloves beyond leather and a soft liner, sorry--"non-asbestos felt liner", as the product description calls it. This begs the question, Does a felt liner normally have asbestos in it? Of course not. So why even say this? Because the manufacturer wants the reader to make a mental association between the felt liner and non-asbestos heat-resistant fabrics made with Zetex, Nomex, or Aramid. But there's no Nomex or Zetex or Aramid in these gloves. So if I pick up a red-hot log, I have a couple of seconds to drop it before I get burned. It's true that, while tending a fire in the fireplace, I don't ever *need* to pick up a log with my hands, as I could always grab the tongs, but owing to the style fireplace I have, it's so much quicker and easier to do it by hand. So after one too many near-burns with these, I'm replacing them with some proper heat-resistant gloves from Chicago Protective Apparel (made with non-asbestos Zetex!).
on December 28, 2016
Wow, these fit my hands perfectly (size 5 ring) and make working with my woodstove so much nicer. The cuffs fit over my sweaters with no problem, they are truly comfortable and I appreciate that there is a product like this for women!!
on November 27, 2012
I had been skeptical about buying a pair of hearth gloves because I had been using welder's asbestos gloves to load my wood stove. Our cats urinated on these gloves so I was forced to get rid of them and could not find another pair.

The next pair of gloves, I purchased, were shorter so I always had burns on my forearms from loading wood into a hot stove.

I finally broke down and purchased these gloves - they are great!

I have not been burned since I have owned them; this is my second season using them.

They are well made and completely protect you from the heat. I had one of the copper pipes fall out of the roof of the stove into the hot coals, the pipe was glowing red when I picked it up and carried it outside so it could cool off safely.

I highly recommend these gloves!!!
30 helpful votes