Customer Reviews: Reversible Paw Print / Fleece Pet (Dog / Cat) Bed
4-month subscription Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Halloween Candy Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Elvis Presley Shop Cycling on Amazon

Size: 24-Inch|Change

on September 3, 2011
I just realized after almost a whole year that I never posted a review of this product. I rely so heavily on reviews at Amazon before I make purchases, so I feel I should also post when I purchase a product to help others determine if something is of good quality, etc. First let me say my little Lucy, a now 20 month old beagle, is notorious for removing stuffing from all of her toys, and she also had a fleece/lambs wool type bolster bed in her crate, which she also tore apart. I thought I'd give this pet bed a try, as it was more "flat" but still had two distinct sides to it. I figured, well, at least it will be nice for her to sleep on for a month or so, and then she would destroy that as well. I am happy to say that after almost a year's worth of use, the entire bed is intact and washes easily. It takes up very little room in my washer, and I wash it with her other blankets that she uses. It comes out smelling all nice and sure, it still has some bits of dog hair remaining, but then I don't vacuum it, I just shake it out before washing. So for all those folks on the fence about this product, I am here to say it is great, and I was going to order another one, but it is just not needed for now, but when I do get to that point and too many washings, I will reorder it for sure. It fits perfectly inside of an 18 x 24 inch metal crate base, and sometimes I also throw one of her blankets on top of it for extra coziness, but she loves to lay on it either way. I haven't flipped it over to the fleece side ever, the paw print side is always up, as I don't want it to remind her of the toys she has consumed that were made of fleece! Somehow she doesn't seem to bother it and has never chewed on it at all! Hopefully this will help some people decide on what I feel is a very attractive, and certainly durable product!
0Comment| 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 10, 2010
we bought this bed to go with the lifestages crate (they're perfectly sized to fit), and our dog loves it. we've had it for over 2 months now and it's used consistently. whenever we go to the car he hops up into the crate eagerly -- then he either sits down or circles, lays down, and goes to sleep. he didn't always do that before we got this bed (we tried a couple of other options and they seem to provide quite as much comfort).

a plus about this bed for us, is that our dog tends to be a chewer (thankfully not on shoes/furniture/wires, but rather on his own things). we've found that he can't really do much damage to this bed...the worst that happens is that he gets a few fibers out here and there. this bed also seems to be quite durable; just yesterday my boyfriend decided it needed a wash, so he threw it in the washing machine, then the dryer, and it came out fluffy and nice as if we had just bought it (i've heard of some beds practically disintegrating during the washing machine and/or dryer cycle).

if it's any testament to how much we love this bed, we actually bought a second one shortly after the first, to use as his "inside bed" at night (the other one stays in his crate in the car). whenever he sees us getting into bed, he automatically goes and lays down on it (and that's usually where he is when we wake up in the morning as well). highly recommended!
11 comment| 128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2013
Our dog seems pretty into this bed. We originally ordered a smaller size for when she was a puppy. She outgrew that in about 2 weeks (Golden Retriever) so we moved on to the 35 by 23 inch size. We are planning to order the largest size soon to fit her full-sized kennel.

Washer-friendly & soft enough without being super thick, this a great, comfy little pet bed. I think it's best used as a kennel bed, and once our pup can be trusted outside of the kennel throughout the night she will have a thicker, more traditional sized bed to sleep on. She tends to rip & tear things up & hasn't done one bit of damage to this guy. We highly recommend it - guest dogs in our house have even tried to sneak into our dog's kennel to sleep on it! Excellent item.
review image review image
on April 10, 2015
I bought the small one for my dog's kennel when he was a puppy. As he got bigger... I tried other beds & he chewed up all of them. So I took this small midwest quiet time bed and left it out for him & he would lay half his body on it. He's a 100 lb golden retriever. Very big dog. So I went on Amazon and saw that they made large versions of this bed & bought it for him. At first he was only using half the bed.. probably out of habit, then he realized he could fit his entire body on it. Excellent bed!
review image review image
on April 11, 2015
This came in on Wed afternoon and by that evening our 2 little guys were in heaven and passed out on it. It is very soft and looks great! Brought it home... threw it on our leather couch and after a couple sniffs they were fast asleep. We have a 1yr old pup and a 16 yr old senior who both just LOVE this bed. Going to get a couple more smaller ones for their crates and car.
review image
on February 9, 2009
My Shih Tzu loves his crate bed so much he pulls it out of the crate to lay on it in the living room, kitchen, bedroom, office, ect...
It is very good quality I have washed and dried it - it holds up very well! My dog also chews on it - it is very durable. I would recommend it to anyone
on June 17, 2014
I took it out of the package, and my dog (who knew it was for him) immediately took it and threw it on top of the pillow in his dog bed, and that is where it has stayed. I guess his doggie mattress wasn't cozy enough for him. It is now!
on May 11, 2012
My 11 year old golden retriever has hip/joint issues but insists on sleeping on the cold bathroom floor even though I have two ortho beds for her. She has a lot of sinus/allergy issues, so I'm sure the cold helps her breathe better when she sleeps, but it is not good for her joints. I ordered this bed because it wasn't too high (I didn't want something I'd be tripping over every time I went into the bathroom) and the reviews were really good. It was delivered yesterday and as soon as I put it on the floor, my girl laid on it and started rubbing her face on it. It was a sign of happiness. I put it on the bathroom floor and she again laid down and seemed very comfy. However, I did notice that when she got up, I slipped on it because there was no traction. Problem was easily fixed by putting my small bathroom rug underneath it and now it's stable. She seems to really love it. It is soooo soft, I almost want to lay down on it myself. And, it's machine washable and reversible! Great product! Very happy with my purchase.
on December 17, 2014
I purchased size 29x20, sold by Amazon. The bed came in perfect condition in neatly packaging. Its very soft, thick yet lightweight. However its not plush and the material feels like nylon fiber, (the tag says its Acrylic fiber) although the blue print side is a bit more velvety, It fits ok in Petmate Vari kennel 32" and my corgi loves it, he laid on the bed instantly when I just pulled it out.
review image review image review image review image
on June 10, 2015
My dog destroyed this within a month of purchase. Not worth the price, as there isn't a machine washable cover and is made of cheap and weak fabric. This also collected lots of hair since it was fuzzy.
review image