Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wine.com Say It With Chocolate Gift Basket
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on March 26, 2010
We recieved this basket as a gift and were very dissapointed. There is no way that this is 4 lbs. We weighed it on a scale and it was 2.5 lbs. including the basket. The basket itself is 0.75 lbs, so there is only 1.75 lbs. of chocolate. The fudge is only too small pieces, and the non-pareils were not in a box so the sprinkles had all come off. I think the packing material weighed more than the basket itself. It came in a 2'x3' box that my 3 year-old is enjoying. The basket is 1.5'x1' and the rest is packing material. There has to be a better deal out there!!!
33 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2010
Nice presentation but tiny portions! The chocolate chip cookies tasted like stale shortbread cookies with tiny chips - blah! Nothing tasted fresh. Not worth the price. Will warn the gift giver not to purchase again.
on December 24, 2009
Firstly, we did not buy this. We received it as a gift from our daughter. The appearance of the basket is first rate but the positives end there. Except for the few Ghirardelli squares and the truffle cookies, all of the rest of the items could be found on sale in a dollar store. The chocolate was waxy and smelled funny, like chemicals. This was not worth the money. I think that the Gharardelli was placed prominently just to give the impression that the basket had quality ingredients. There was a large amount of packing material including 4 big cell plastic packing material and a big wad of paper. The chocolate items were laying in a single layer on top of the packing paper. This is a cheap excuse for a gift and anyone you give it to will be insulted by your choice.
on December 21, 2009
It's not 4 pounds, in fact it's only 2.6 lb (weighed on a digital scale), and that includes the weight of the basket.
on December 28, 2010
I agree with the others, the portions are small and for the price it is simply not worth it. I bought this to bring to a friend's house for Christmas and to say the least, I ended up going out and purchasing something else. I would not buy this again for the $25 price tag. If it was 10 or 15 dollars, then this would have gotten a higher review. The chocolate was good, but you expect that when ordering Ghirardelli. The way is is presented in the description/picture is not the same way it comes in the box -- everything is laid in the basket, and nothing is overflowing out of the basket. (It is a very nice basket, well made) The total height of the basket with everything packaged in is no more than 6 or 7 inches.
on December 1, 2011
I had purchased this during the black friday deals promotion. After purchasing I read reviews complaining about the content of the baskets in terms of quality and quantity.

As a frequent purchaser of gift baskets I feel its fair to say that this basket is appropriate, even at full price. Here's why:

Basket: The basket it self is standard. Its nice in that its more contemporary than traditional. I don't feel a pressing need to throw it in the trash. It also was packaged with, what I'm assuming is recycled, brown crinkle paper. It looks good together. The image is a bit misleading in that the basket it (somewhat obviously) packaged a lot flatter than pictured. Overall though it's the same- same bow (different position), same basket. good.

Packaging: The box had air packets inside to protect the basket. I think peanuts may have been better at protecting it, but seeing as it arrived in perfect condition I don't really have room to complain. Your packing slip (at least in my case) is inside a tape envelope directly over the seam of the box, which I thought odd, but its really a minor detail. It could easily be ignored by a recipient though and cut cut through- notable if you have a gift message on the invoice.

Contents: I felt the description was completely accurate. You know the weights of everything and well as the amounts. Nothing appeared to be damaged; in fact it was all very secure. Nothing appears expired. I haven't opened it yet, but the nonpareils obviously lost some of the sprinkles. Honestly it doesn't seem like that big of a deal. I do feel the pretzels should be labeled in some way; a recipient wont know that they are from Rocky Mountain. Out of everything they look kinda odd because of that.

Summary: Its a fairly priced basket, if you think its expensive then you should probably just make your own because this is pretty standard pricing as far as pre-made baskets are concerned. Getting a discount didn't hurt, but it seems a good value none the less.
on December 3, 2008
I sent this basket to my friend and she raved about it for days! She's a chocoholic and loved the variety of chocolate items. And the basket was filled with goodies...not like some other gift baskets I ordered where it's all packaging. I would definitely recommend sending this basket to anyone on your gift giving list. I'm sure they will love it!
on January 13, 2014
This was a nice idea, a wine basket filled with chocolate for my wife. I knew she would love it. However, all the chocolate in it was OLD and outdated. It all tasted like yuck!! We ended up throwing out many of the items as they were so bad we just could not eat them. Poor item to have in stock Amazon, or maybe it was in stock way too long. Not a good deal for any customer. Mark
on June 26, 2014
Some of the food in this basket was really really good. However, some of the cookies were mediocre. I really want to get my hands on the wafer rolls and chocolate crunch cookies. I would be willing to buy the fudge, brownie, and chocolate again. However, I have absolutely no interest in the hot chocolate, salted caramel cookies, and chocolate crackle cookies. I would probably give it three and a half star in all reality but I gave it a four because I am happy to have discovered the wafer rolls and crunch cookie. I also like the basket okay, though I have no real use for it right now.
on July 15, 2014
Worst Birthday Gift EVER. It arrived in a nice looking basket, but it was left on the front step with no ice/cooling. Chocolate was melted, the fudge was stale and my mother overall had to throw the whole thing away.

DO NOT RECOMMEND