Customer Reviews: The Santa Clause 3-Movie Collection
Amazon Vehicles Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Halloween Candy Cozy Knits STEM Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Lady Gaga Shop Cycling on Amazon

on July 24, 2014
After ordering this set, I began to have reservations due to the complaints about the description and format of viewing the movies. I am watching The Santa Clause right now! I'm so happy!!! Not only did the set arrive in two days, the package was carefully wrapped. The original cello wrap around the entire set. Then, each disc in it's original package, were also cello wrapped. There are extra scenes, deleted scenes and other extras on each of the discs.

I don't know why some had problems with the picture not filling up their widescreen tv's. Written in very small print, on the outside box and each of the plastic cases it says to be played on a Blu-ray 1080p format. Perhaps their tv's aren't set to the right format. I hope this helps some of the people who are having trouble with the movies. Maybe they can adjust the zoom or picture size on their tv's if their widescreen aren't 1080p. If I should have any problems with the rest of the discs, I'll update this review. A+ seller and set!
VINE VOICEon October 2, 2008
The three Santa Clauses films were a cute franchise for the Disney company. Tim Allen was and still is a hot Disney Property. The first film is a modern day Xmas classic. The other two films were good, but didnt live up to the first films promise.

Disney has smartly gave the public a gift, wrapping all three films in one package. However this version is full screen and formatted to a TV set. Others have remarked that is a problem, I dont like it..but many of my friends and family dont care if the film is the same as the cinematic focus. So I know what people are getting for xmas this year

So at the price of these films it is a good buy at the price and a great holiday gift

Bennet Pomerantz AUDIOWORLD
33 comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon November 19, 2008
THE SANTA CLAUSE: 3 MOVIE COLLECTION is a three DVD box set that includes all three movies of the Santa Clause trilogy from Walt Disney Pictures. The three movies included are:

THE SANTA CLAUSE-Scott Calvin is a divorced Dad. Much to his ex-wife's chagrin, his six-year old son still believes in Santa Claus. On Christmas Eve, an unexpected visitor falls off of Scott's roof. All that remains of the visitor is a sleigh and eight reindeer on Scott's roof, a red and white furry coat, and instructions that if involved with the accident to put the coat on. Scott does and soon finds himself zipping around the world delivering packages through chimneys. He eventually winds up at the North Pole and is informed by a group of elves that he's the new Santa. Scott believes the whole thing is a dream and goes about his regular life. But as the year progresses Scott's hair turns grey, he gains a ton of weight, and his face doesn't stay shaved. Scott has to either accept his new job or disappoint children around the world, including his own son. Special features include "So You Wanna Be an Elf?"; Santa's Helper - a trivia adventure game; and "Making Santa snacks with Wolfgang".

THE SANTA CLAUSE 2: THE MRS. CLAUSE--Eight years have passed since Scott Calvin became the new Santa Claus and the elves at the North Pole think he's the best Santa ever. But there's a problem. It turns out there's another clause to the agreement that Scott made years ago and Santa has to be married. Santa has a year to find a wife and get married. Otherwise the elves' favorite Santa will be gone with no memory of what has happened. Special features include deleted scenes; a gag reel; "Operation Toy Box: Save Santa" set-top game; and the making-of featurette "Inside the North Pole With Curtis".

THE SANTA CLAUSE 3: THE ESCAPE CLAUSE--Things have been going smooth at the North Pole for over a decade. Santa has taken a prominent place at the Council of Mythical Leaders and has been a strong opponent to Jack Frost. Frost doesn't like it and believes if he was Santa, the world would be a much better place. His cold heart leads him to discover one last clause to the Santa agreement. If he can get Santa to say a particular phrase he will be zipped back through time to the moment he became Santa and someone else can take his place. Frost plots his move carefully and Santa soon finds himself zipping through time and living as Scott Calvin in a miserable world that would make Mr. Potter from IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE very, very happy. Special features include a blooper reel; alternate opening scene; "On the Set with Tim and Marty"; Christmas carol-oke; and "Greatest Time of Year" music video with Aly and AJ.

THE SANTA CLAUSE is the best of the movies in the set and the films progressively decrease in story development and entertainment value through the series.

The only major complaint I have about the set is that the films are all in fullscreen with no widescreen option. I prefer watching movies on my regular television in the widesreen format.

Overall this is a nice holiday collection available at a reasonable price. THE SANTA CLAUSE is the only film of the three that might someday be referred to being a classic, but they're all decent movies that the entire family can watch together.
33 comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 26, 2015
Great price for all 3 movies. I tried to buy just the first one and I saw this set for a few dollars extra and I am so glad I did. My son loves all 3 of these movies, he likes to watch them all year, not just at Christmas time. There are extra scenes and deleted scenes. Personally, I think the 1st one is way better than the other 2, but my son seems to like them all equally. The boxed set has each DVD wrapped individually, it is not one of those sets that has a flimsy holder for each DVD all in one case, there are 3 standard DVD cases for the 3 movies and they all fit into the boxed set.
on August 28, 2008
I've been waiting for them to get smart and put out a three disc set of the three Santa Clause films, since I don't have any on DVD yet. I agree with most critics in thinking that the first is the best (in fact, I think it's our generation's "Miracle on 34th Street"), the second not as good and the third not as good as the second. I still like some aspects of the third film though, especially the whole "It's a Wonderful Life" aspect of what would have been different if he had never become Santa.

So what do they do? They put out the trilogy in a reasonably priced set, and they only make it available in full screen!!!! I think that DVD sales have shown that most fans want the films in widescreen, so this is ridiculous. I've got to believe that the only reason they're doing it is because they still have a huge inventory of unsold full screen copies, so they're hoping that releasing it this way will move some of them. Well, I didn't buy them in full screen when you put out the first two as a set that way, and I won't buy them now. I guess I'll keep waiting for them to put out the set I want.
1010 comments| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 4, 2016
The perfect trio of movies for Christmas viewing, even the history of the making of these three movies is intriguing. Each one has its great moments, so I cannot choose my favorite. Watching the actors grow up and/or older is fun. The premise of each movie builds on the previous one.
on September 16, 2016
A unique version of the story, but I like a little more mystery in Santa Claus. There's such a thing as too much magic.
I am a mall Santa and I bought this for reference. Many kids have seen it and ask questions about Bernard and Judy. I wanted to be familiar with this alternative take on Santa, so I can answer the children's questions.
Although dated, "Miracle on 34th Street" is a far superior movie in my opinion and tackles the question of the existence of Santa Claus in a more thoughtful way.
on February 7, 2016
My children were thrilled to receive this as a gift from their elf this year on Christmas Eve. All three movies are funny and entertaining with a warm message about family. The blu-ray is remarkably clear and plays great.
on December 23, 2015
We are not dvd experts but this video has very fuzzy graphics at the beginning of movie and in the opening scene of the movie Tim Allen's head is cut off!! We have a very large screen TV but the way the movie was cut/edited ( sorry, I don't know the right terminology), there was a good foot of black bars on either side of the TV. When we watched the movie before on our original "real"DVD the entire screen was filled. Kids probably will not notice but for this kind of money, it would be nice to see the entire head of the principal star. Very disappointing.
VINE VOICEon August 10, 2015
Review of: The Santa Clause: 3 Movie Collection.

Tim Allen portrays Santa in these three Santa Clause films which, by the way, have proven to be a financial windfall for Disney. The first movie, The Santa Clause, has become a Holiday classic and set the modern tone. The Santa Clause 2 & 3 are good but require a certain amount of suspension of disbelief (which says a lot concerning the entire storyline). This package of three discs are full screen versions which are formatted for TV. The price is fair and are a great purchase for Christmas. Well done. It is nice to have all three in one box. Five stars.