Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,613 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,876 reviews
on November 16, 2015
I really like it. But the lid broke after about 1 year. Here's how to order a replacement lid:

The model number is HP4000 for the replacement lid for Thermos Intak 24 Ounce Hydration Bottle with Meter.

1) send an email to consumer.service@thermos.com

2) or call them at 1.800.831.9242, option #1 (7:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. CST, Monday through Friday)

3) or by mail, send a check to:

Thermos L.L.C.
355 Thermos Drive
Batesville, MS 38606

By email or phone, you can use a credit card. By mail, pay by money order or check. Include your name, mailing address and telephone number.

I spent $9.50 to get 3 lids, including shipping.
11 comment| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 10, 2017
I really like the water bottle and it works well. I like the fact that it has this loop for throwing a hook on it and putting it on your belt if you wanted to. I like the color of it and the color has lasted. I like the opening mechanism and the fact that to top lid is clear. I definitely like the fact that the hole for drinking from is wide enough just to pour water out easily – I don’t like dealing with a water bottle that you have to suck on or pressurize to drink out of. The bottle closes nicely and seals well. Lastly I like the shape of the bottle, it’s very ergonomic.
I ordered one of these bottles in grey and one in purple. They looked perfect for a two week vacation that we just took to Colorado and back. I filled the bottles with water at home and then put them - upright - on the floor in the backseat of our car. By the time we got to our first potty break, the bottles had leaned over and all the water had leaked out of both.

They work fine if you keep them in a cupholder but don't take them out unless you want the liquid all over your car. Luckily for us, it was just water that leaked and, while items got wet from the leaking, they weren't destroyed.

I expected more from the Thermos brand.
on August 12, 2016
I've had a long history of water bottles that leak and a previous generation of this bottle developed the same problem, to the point that it always had to be upright. Thermos Intak seems to have solved the leakage problems with two methods to keep the top secure. The first is a plastic latch mechanism - you release it by pushing a button on the front. The second is a metal clamp that also holds the cover over the spout.

I imagine that you'd use the plastic latch when you're running with it and want a sip from time to time and that you'd use the latch when putting it in a gym bag or other time when it won't be upright all the time. The back hinge pin is metal with plastic going around it. We'll have to see how durable this design is over time. I don't think that I'd recommend this bottle for anything but water as there are some areas under the cap that look like they would be hard to clean.

I would imagine that there are other tops available for this bottle and they might be interesting options for different workout scenarios.
I am really picky when it comes to water bottles and was so excited when I found this one at a big box store. I loved the size, I loved the dial that could help me keep track of how much water I was drinking, I loved the texture that made it easy to hold, and most of all, I loved the lid.

With the press of a button, the lid pops open and there's the perfect little spout to help you drink. Then simply close the lid, it latches, and you can flip up the safety match, which is a metal loop.

However, in the past year, I have been through three of these because the latch on the lid breaks every time I drop it. This breakage has been happening with other brand water bottles as well, so it's not just Thermos. But it's frustrating and expensive to fix. You can buy just the lid, which I discovered AFTER I threw out my first two bottles. However, I just feel like I shouldn't have to keep replacing these because the lid latch breaks so easily.

The plastic also wears very easily so that it starts to look dirty pretty quickly. I'm active and often toss my water bottle in my stroller or car, so it definitely gets a beating. I uploaded photos to show you what I mean.

I'd give this water bottle 5 stars if the lid were reliable and I knew it would last longer than one drop.

UPDATE:
despite the fact that the description says this product has a warranty for parts, Thermos says I need to pay $2 for a replacement lid, plus shipping and handling. In other words, the warranty doesn't really cover anything because I'd pay about the same amount as a new bottle just for the lid. Booooooo!

Nalgene, however, is replacing my broken lid for free, including shipping and handling. Guess who gets my family's business for the next 60 years. :)
review image review image review image
44 comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 25, 2017
Convenient but Fragile. I use it almost daily, but the plastic piece that holds the lid closed broke after about 2 months. Apparently, the warranty does not cover the lid, which is strange; because if anything could break, it would be the lid. Attached image compares broken lid on right to good one on left.
review image
on July 16, 2017
This was my favorite water bottle for nearly two years until a car accident, which it unfortunately did not survive. This brand still makes similar models, one of which I later purchased as a replacement, but they are substantially different and more plainly, worse. I loved the ergonomic and textured design of the bottle. The bottle counter, which is now just a dumb knob on top of the lid in newer models, was worked into the design of the lid perfectly. Even the push-button spring delivery system is better and stronger in this model. They also changed the spout design, which I also loved. Intak makes good quality products that survive lots of use and abuse, but this model bottle far outranks what they are producing now.
on July 13, 2017
This water bottle was great while it lasted, which was roughly 9 months. It was easy to clean and the design was nice. However, the little metal part that helped keep it closed broke off when I accidentally dropped the bottle getting out of my car. The piece was lost. It was okay, however, because the piece wasn't that essential to the function of the water bottle itself. However, a few months after that, after work I noticed the bottle wasn't closed all the way. Looking further, I saw the plastic piece had broken that locked the top in place. I concluded that someone must have bumped it off the table and it broke. It was now officially broken. Unless I was willing to use tape to keep the lid closed, I wasn't going to use it anymore.
on April 8, 2014
The flask itself is great. Very strong. However, we've been through three of these now where the locking mechanism on the lid has broken on the first, not-particularly-high drop. It's such a lovely drink bottle otherwise but the fragility of the lid is just not good enough. You can buy spare lids but they're very expensive with postage. And they're also difficult to source. What a shame Thermos!
on April 22, 2015
Great water bottle. best part is the locking system you can fill this to the brim, then lock it and drop it onto the ground and it won't spill, I use this for the gym when I workout and I beat it up pretty good and It hasn't even come close to breaking. Keeps the water cold as well which is nice and the carrying handle is great, you really can't beat this for the money, would buy again if I had too.
review image