Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on May 5, 2013
I'm so glad I discovered this granola! My husband and I eat a lot of granola because we use it in our yogurt, which we eat often. I searched for granola on Amazon, and this looked good, because I love chocolate. I was kind of wary ordering it online, having not tried it before, especially this being a pack of six.

What struck me when I opened the first pack is that the grains of granola were whole, fresh-looking, and a good size (for a grain of granola, of course,) as opposed to other granolas we have been eating, which were always crumbly and small, or clumped together. This granola is comprised of separate grains as described, and the chocolate pieces are a decent size as well. The chocolate pieces taste like regular chocolate, so I think they're good.

This is my second time buying this six pack set, and I will keep doing so for the foreseeable future. I haven't found this granola at the grocery store we shop from most. I like that this is a six pack because as I stated earlier, my husband and I eat a lot of yogurt with granola in it. My husband bought another brand of granola with chocolate from the store while we were waiting on this shipment to tide us over, and though it is ok, I like this one better. The one he bought is the kind that has the granola in clusters, and there aren't as many chocolate pieces in it, and it has freeze-dried strawberries in it (though like the chocolate pieces, they're pretty stingy with them.) This granola has a good amount of chocolate in it. My husband actually likes the one he bought from the store better, but this is my new granola. I love it. If you like granola and chocolate, give it a try. It might become your favorite too. Good luck!
2 people found this helpful
on November 16, 2017
Caution ! This product is now manufactured in a facility that also processes peanuts and tree nuts.
If you have nut allergies, do not purchase this product. The product packaging looks very similar to the previous packaging but now there is a new allergy statement on the back of the packages we received. The nutrition information listed on the Amazon site does not reflect this new labeling.
on June 24, 2009
Flavor: Chocolate Delight|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )|Verified Purchase
Sure you could put it in milk and eat it like cereal, sprinkle it as a topping on ice cream or fro-yo, but it is perfect enough to snack right out of the bag. I love how sweet it is. I am not a fan of dry-barely-sweet granola but the gooey sugary stuff marketed toward children isn't great either (I'd rather eat a cookie or cake). This hits that midpoint that is perfect when craving a sweet snack (without going for a full-fledged dessert). The chocolate is perfect and sweet without being bitter like found in many healthier snacks.

Nice perk... the zipper closure at the top. I can never seem to find a "Chip Clip" in my house when I need one though I have bought dozens.
on September 21, 2015
Finally found a granola that I can eat! If you don't like all the extras in your granola-just the oats; this is the one to choose. It is lightly sweetened with pineapple, peach, and pear. If you let it soak in milk a bit, you can taste those flavors. I like to add my own raisins and walnuts, or fresh fruit.
on September 5, 2016
I am allergic to nuts and most granola products are made with nuts. It was a miracle for me to find a granola products made with seeds and no nuts at all and it tastes very good.
One person found this helpful
on August 19, 2014
This is good tasting granola that my kids like. It has 12 grams of sugar per 1/2 cup serving. A lot of people are misled into assuming that granola is healthy, but most of it is packed with sugar. This Back to Nature Granola is still higher in sugar content than a lot of sugared cereals in the grocery store, but at least it is quite a bit better than the Cascadian Farms variety I had been buying with 18 grams per serving.
on November 8, 2011
This is the best plain granola I've come across. Even my 21 month old loves this stuff, and she's quite the picky eater! Excellent source of fiber and whole grains to go with breakfast or an evening snack. And this package offered by Amazon is the best deal I've come across anywhere. The grocery store jacks the price of this by a single bag around so much it gives me whip lash. I pay between a 1/5 and 1/4 of the price of this six pack at the grocery store for ONE. At the very least I'm getting one free by buying this way. Definetly a deal, worth the money and excellent quality.
on June 20, 2014
So why in the world give it only 3 stars? Because it is too sweet!!!! Makers of all things sweet, please hear me!!!!! Folks can always add more sugar (AND SALT another bugaboo that is HURTING US ALL!!!) The chocolate in this is perfect semi sweet. If the granola had about half the sugar with NO ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS, it would be as good as mine...well almost.
on March 19, 2014
I love this granola. I originally tried it from the local market and loved it so much, as I usually do I whipped out my iPhone with Amazon app, scanned the barcode and of course Amazon has it. In a batch. Prime shipping for me, and cheaper per bag.

The taste and flavor is outstanding. I pour it in a yogurt every morning. Best granola I have ever had.
on June 7, 2012
UPDATE:
After years of buying this it finally struck me that all it is, is sweetened toasted oats, for which I'm paying $7.50 a pound. Oats were just on sale here for 69 cents a pound. I think I've had this idea that if I tried making it at home, it wouldn't turn out right without oil. Also, like a lot of people, I don't always have time to make everything homemade, so I'm very happy that this product is available. My daughter is now away at school so we go through this a lot more slowly and I didn't want to buy a sixpack. I decided to risk a few dollars experimenting with making it at home.

There are lots of recipes floating around the web. I decided to start out simple. This will make one cookie sheet's worth: 3 cups old fashioned oats (I bought organic for $1.39/pound), 1/4 cup honey, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, about 1 1/2 tablespoons water. Heat up the water and sweeteners till dissolved. Pour onto the oats, mix well. Spread thinly on lightly buttered nonstick cookie sheet. Bake at 300 degrees, stirring every 7 minutes or so. Bake about 25 minutes total, till golden. It will still seem soft and moist. Leave it on the cookie sheet to cool. It will crisp up as it cools. Wait till cool to bag or jar it up.

Various tips: Of course you can add nuts, wheat germ, anything you like. Some people bake on parchment paper. To avoid mess, I always mix granola in a deep soup pot. If you use a bowl it wants to slip out as you stir. I warmed the pot and oats (VERY SLIGHTLY) thinking that would make it easier to mix in the sweetener; it was very easy to mix in. Some people use fruit juice concentrate as part or all of the sweetener. Maple syrup sounds yummy for my next batch.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
I've been buying this for some time. It's expensive but I only eat it once in a while. But now my teenage daughter has discovered it and I can hardly keep the pantry stocked. So I'm glad I thought to check on amazon. With Subscribe and Save it's cheaper than I ever find it in the store (and only one store in my area carries it).

What a great food for a teenager to be eating! She makes a parfait with granola, berries and yogurt.

Ingredients: whole grain rolled oats, evaporated can juice, pineapple juice concentrate, pear juice concentrate, peach juice concentrate, vitamin E, natural flavor.

It is very hard to find granola without added fat. And I really dislike puffed things like rice krispies in granola and it's hard to find that too.
2 people found this helpful