Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Big & Rich Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 43 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 55 reviews
on August 18, 2012
This was my second plane, and it is a blast. It can nearly go vertical, glides like a feather, and can fly for up to ~50 minutes on one 1300mAh charge.

This plane is designed to be efficient, not durable. That being said, I wouldn't suggest it as a first plane. I've seen guys at the park crash it fairly softly and break the fuselage pretty bad.

A few things to be aware of:
1) This being a PNP (Plug-N-Play) model, you are expected to already have batteries, Tx, and Rx.
2) Make sure the nose is attached securely. Do not assume that since it came pre-built that the nose is secure. Mine came off in mid flight, never to be found again. Thankfully it did not fly off near the ground where it may have hurt someone.
3) The plane was a bit nose-heavy when I got it, so be sure to adjust the center of gravity as with any new plane.
4) It can go straight down faster than it can pull out, so until you get used to the plane's handling, get some altitude early.
5) Take off at about half throttle. Wide open throttle take-offs can cause you to lose control.
on January 23, 2013
This is a very enjoyable plane to fly. It almost flies itself and you can really enjoy it stress free. I first purchased a Radian last year. It was the Ready to Fly (RTF) model. I had allot of fun with it during the spring, summer and fall at the beach. I really abused the hell out of that plane. It was my first try at RC planes. I would constantly have people coming up to me to talk about it. Sometimes it was to much attention. One guy asked me if I was a really pilot. Most were amazed when I told them this was my first plane and I had just begun flying. Well needless to say I finally had one crash to many and salvaged all the parts I could knowing I would be getting another for 2013. It was a broken cable connector that finally finished the plane and it crashed into the atlantic ocean about 50 feet out from shoreline. It didn't take to long for it to wash up and that was that. Now I have many extra parts. Even the receiver still works so the plug and play (PNP) version was the best option for me this time around. I got to the point on steady windy days I could hover like a kite with the right amount throttle and even fly backwards. I don't think you can find a more enjoyable and stress free plane to fly as a beginner.
on September 13, 2014
In an effort to save money, I wasted a lot of time scratch building and crashing before buying this (relatively) expensive plane.

Now I wish that buying this plane was the first thing I did. It does well in open fields, it does well in wind, and it can even slope soar on the small updraft of Florida's East coast without power.

One thing I'd like to mention is that this $160 PNP version comes with threaded pushrods and plastic clevises at the end of the rudder and elevator. The $250 RTF version comes with the set-screw device on the control horn, and un-threaded pushrods. The former are good and I fly with them, but the latter are junk and can break with hand tightening. I'm not sure why Parkzone has listened and considered the feedback on this PNP, but not the RTF. In both cases, the pushrods have a fair amount of friction in their sleeve and can be upgraded. I recommend the Sullivan gold-n-rods.

Some of my friends have found what appears to be comparable foam gliders from other manufacturers and websites. In a few cases it turned out to be a bad gamble, with speed control jitters, and sometimes losing tx/rx signal. I recommend you spend the extra money and get the tried and tested Radian.
on April 10, 2013
This glider puts a lot of balsa types to shame. Foam shouldn't fly this well, but it does. Also an excellent trainer for those getting into the hobby. Just be careful not to let it go too far, or you could lose sight of it. The white wings are kind of difficult to see in either blue or overcast skies, so a lot of pilots will paint the bottom of the wings in fluorescent colors and alternate it with black stripes. This plane is a new classic for our time.
on July 11, 2011
The Radian was recommended to me at my flying club, and it turned out to be a surprisingly fun and effective electric sailplane. It's almost too easy to achieve long duration flights, since it's very floaty and the powerful motor/battery combo can get you out of poor air anytime. Compared to hand launch, hi-starts or winches, having the launch system built right into the sailplane is a huge advantage at the field. However, being an aerospace engineer, I just had to modify the Radian wing. The basic 2-meter model has a blunt trailing edge which is cut off at about 1/4 of an inch high. I glued some balsa trailing edge stock pieces with foam-safe CA along most of the way out to the wing tips. After sanding the balsa flush with the airfoil, I covered it with iron-on mylar just past the joint, so the trailing edge is strong and waterproof. This improved the efficiency of the airfoil, added stiffness to the foam wing and increased the wing area by about 30 square inches. I can't quantify the performance improvement exactly, but it seemed easier to keep it up for 45 minutes during my last flight. I've also lightly sprayed some spots of dark paint on the bottom of the white wing for better visibility. I'd recommend the Radian as a fun, durable model for learning how to soar or just for the pure joy of soaring on a sunny day.
on September 10, 2011
The Radian was recommended by another club member. We now have 5 at our field. PNP is truly a 2 hour job. Of course I am anal & I spent 4 hours making minor modifications, I enjoy the construction process as much as flying. The control horn keepers need to be replaced with DuBro Mini E/Z connectors #845. The thread on the supplied keepers is so small that it can be twisted off. Also, check the nut & screws on the prop assembly. Use lock tite on the prop nut. My spinner assembly came off on the first flight. When setting up your radio & testing the motor I highly recommend removing the prop. If your throttle control is reversed this plane can torque itself right off of the work bench & even draw blood. You know how I know. This is truly a great flying motor glider. I found a thermal on my 2nd flight. This plane is not designed for running into things & is not recommended as a first plane. I have not had to make any modifications since my 2nd flight. This is not a toy, it is a real miniature airplane.
Educational value? Unless you count learning how to find thermals then it has no educational value.
Flying R/C airplanes is a great hobby & can last a lifetime.

If your prop is not a 7.5_1 then you have the original design prop. A free replacement is available from Park Zone.
Go to Park Zone - Park Flyers - Select Radian PNP - Support (Amazon deleted the actual link)
on June 4, 2013
This item arrived in a well packed foam container which was slid into a lite weight cardboard box. The end was torn off so I expected damage, however the foam protected all the parts, Nothing was broken but I would recommend a stronger outer package.
The park flyer series is a well tested group of flying model planes and the Radian is no different. It assembles easily and flies well. There are many support articles on the web so Im looking forward to making adjustments as they describe. This is anothe Amazon bargain at the price advertised and will give a flying enthusiast many hours of enjoyment.
on April 16, 2014
I love this plane! It's my 2nd plane next to the Duet. I almost crashed it twice though on the maiden flight, but luckily pulled out. After 10 minutes of flight I got the feel for it and flew it just fine.

When you first fly this, get it up in the air 2 mistakes high.

It flies faster than I expected it to, and avoid going inverted.

It's a great glider and did not take me longer than 10 minutes to put it together. Wings come off and it transports somewhat easily. Just have to be careful with the elevator and rudder.

I also have the E-Flite UMX Radian which I highly recommend flying before you buy this one.
on August 13, 2013
I enjoy flying this plane. It has fantastic climb and really does thermal well. If you are new to flying you should find someone with experience to help with the first flights and some time on a flight simulator would also be a big help.
This is my first large electric glider and it is so easy - no high start or winch to mess with.
on July 30, 2012
This is my sixth RC plane so far. I love it. It's great for beginners and experts alike. It goes together quickly and is of high quality. Lots of replacement parts are cheaply available, which is a big plus. Also, the plane has a powerful motor and it thermals very well. I've been sloping it on a hill near my house. You can soar it for hours without the motor with the right conditions. Landing can be a challenge though. It needs lots of room. You often have to force it down or take many approaches until it settles down. I have the Radian Pro as well. It's stiffer and more acrobatic but 30% heavier and a pain to take the wings off. I crashed it trying to land in a small field. The regular Radian is the one to get, just check the RC glider forums.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.