Top positive review
19 people found this helpful
Excellent second plane and glider
on August 18, 2012
This was my second plane, and it is a blast. It can nearly go vertical, glides like a feather, and can fly for up to ~50 minutes on one 1300mAh charge.
This plane is designed to be efficient, not durable. That being said, I wouldn't suggest it as a first plane. I've seen guys at the park crash it fairly softly and break the fuselage pretty bad.
A few things to be aware of:
1) This being a PNP (Plug-N-Play) model, you are expected to already have batteries, Tx, and Rx.
2) Make sure the nose is attached securely. Do not assume that since it came pre-built that the nose is secure. Mine came off in mid flight, never to be found again. Thankfully it did not fly off near the ground where it may have hurt someone.
3) The plane was a bit nose-heavy when I got it, so be sure to adjust the center of gravity as with any new plane.
4) It can go straight down faster than it can pull out, so until you get used to the plane's handling, get some altitude early.
5) Take off at about half throttle. Wide open throttle take-offs can cause you to lose control.