Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 39 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 47 reviews
on April 18, 2016
I bought two of of these and they are nice and sturdy, and look decent on my walls. My cat still is getting accustomed to them, so I am feeding her on the top shelf until she gets comfortable hanging out on them.

*UPDATE* We've had them a month or so, and my cat loves them. She is at the point where she will just lie there and rule her kingdom. These are a great purchase and aesthetically they can be a unique artful addition.
on January 2, 2016
As noted by another reviewer, the sisal is not attached well to the backing, causing it to unravel and buckle. So I haven't installed these yet as I have been unable to do the necessary repairs (I will need a staple gun to reattach sisal). Since staples were used in part of the construction, I don't know why they didn't reinforce the sisal since the glue is practically useless. I also have the large wall climber, and the sisal is stapled on it, although I will probably put more since my kitties are a bit destructive, especially if they sense weakness. Ha! I will write an update once I get them up.
on August 28, 2013
The installation is fairly simple... some anchors into the wall, the bracket plate gets screwed in, and the climber hooks onto the bracket. The first problem I had was that the pre-installed screws in the climber were not even, so it would not fit properly on the bracket. So off it came and I unscrewed it, and leveled the screws, and hung it back on the wall. Even with the screws level, whole thing is not built true, but just slightly off. visually a bit annoying, but nothing major... If you have a touch of OCD or it's in a living room, it may drive you slightly insane.

The bracket that is attached to the wall is secure, doesn't move... BUT... Big problem - once hung the shelf is so wobbly my cat jumped on it, it moved a lot, she freaked out, and now wants NOTHING to do with it. AT. ALL.

The only thing I can think of to fix the wobble problem is put on an L bracket into the bottom and unto the wall to help support it. As is it is too unstable, and I'm afraid either the cat, or the whole thing itself will come down.

NOT TO MENTION, the shelf itself is small. I MEAN REALLY REALLY small. I think four of the five cats will actually be too big to fit on this thing.

Waste of money, and not worth returning. I'll probably try the L bracket idea... If I wind up taking it down it will leave huge holes in my walls which will have to be plastered... and impossible to match the paint up exactly. what a headache.

Find something else or make your own. bleh.
on April 20, 2017
the first thing I noticed is the way it attaches, though novel, severely lacks support. there is a bracket behind the stratch post with screws which you then hook the back of the scratch post onto. this will NOT support the weight of most cats. I ended up going to the hardware store and getting a few decent sized L Brackets, anchored screws, as well as anchors for the screws that go to the screws they want you to use. this worked a lot better and gave MUCH better support. i have a large 16lb orange tabby as well as a smaller 10lb washed calico and both of them made the shelf part give way really bad before i added the extra support. after adding the L brackets and securing it with anchors, it was much better!
on August 8, 2015
Cats love these... after we made some modifications and repairs

We bought 5 of these so far.

The first Shelf seemed sturdy construction before mounting, but with the way it is supposed to mount it wobbled too much with three 8-12lb cats and none would use it. We added 2 L-Brackets to attach to the wall and now all love it.

The second was just like the first, good construction, but not steady under chunky cats. Again, 2 L-Brackets made everyone happy.

Shelves 3, 4, and 5 were purchased together and all were messed up:
- the sisal mat that's glued to the upper portion was falling off all three shelves. I used staples on the back to reattach, but it is still bubbling out on the front where it stretched weird.
- 2 of the 3 shelves had holes drilled so the upper part attached crooked - this didn't effect us much as we already planned on using the L-Brackets, but it made it stick out from the wall and was more unsteady than our original two and could be an issue for anyone not using L-brackets
- One of the brackets that mount to the wall came bent. It was difficult to attach the shelf to it even after we tried straightening it.
- all three of these were wobbly and was fixed with the L-Brackets

Even with needing the L-brackets, I would gladly gave a 5 star review had the last batch I ordered came in better condition. After all repairs, the cats love them and are hardly ever on the floor anymore.
on July 6, 2011
Easy to install. In fact, easy to change your mind and move to another location. We have cats of all sizes. Large and small are using it. Could be a little larger net square inches sitting area, but the cats are not complaining. I am actually going to order more, adding to the two we already have. We use them as vertical stepping shelves to a high larger shelf, as opposed to an actual sitting shelf.
I would recommend this product to anyone for this purpose in particular.
Sydney
on October 28, 2016
This cat climber broke in half when my cat jumped on it, just a week after we installed it. The back of the climber is just stapled together, and the staples ripped out easily. This is actually the second climber that we've ordered and the first has been working fine for months -- it seems like there must be a lot of variability in the quality of assembly.
review image
on October 7, 2015
I have received it, but not installed it yet. Its appearance is exactly what I expected, but it was not built with the same quality as the 5-shelf over-the-door product - which my cat loves (as did a feral-foster-litter) and which has held up well. It will be fine once I glue the sisal down and reinforce it at the back with a staple gun. It is almost entirely unattached, which caused the bottom strip to unravel which, fortunately, will not be very noticeable. So I am marking it down for construction-quality. The function will be fine once I "operate."
on March 5, 2016
I got this so my cat could get on top of my cabinets and it's perfect for that. My cat likes to be up high and an added scratching post is always a plus. I do find myself having to tighten the screws every few weeks as they loosen up a little bit from the jostling, and it was a bit tough to mount at first, but now that it's up it looks good and does the job. You've got to expect something that's hanging on a wall and randomly being leapt onto by a 12 pound scratching cat is going to need some tightening ;)
on June 23, 2016
These are great! I don't bother with the brackets they come with. Just use a 1 inch washer and wood screw. Put one on each end of scratching part into stud in the wall. Shelf is a little flimsy but my kitties don't weigh over 13 lbs. They like they shelf but don't really scratch on the burlap part.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.