Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

88%
12%

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 8 reviews
on November 6, 2012
These blocks are absolutely great! First off, each block is heavy enough to allow children to build larger, more stable structures; there's a wide variety of shapes to encourage creative thinking and building; they're completely smooth so there's no danger of splinters because they are made so well.
The best part? They don't need batteries and they don't honk, hoot or make siren noises! These operate strictly on imagination which seems to be sadly lacking in children's toys.
My twin grandsons LOVED them and have amazed me with the variety of buildings they've created. They've played together contentedly as they learned to cooperate to achieve a goal.
I also bought the cart to keep them in because they are too heavy for a kid to move in a box. The rolling cart is an absolute must with this set!
I just can't say enough good things about this very imaginative toy that encourages thinking and creativity. Even older kids will enjoy these blocks because of the many different block types that allow exotic buildngs and structures.
Worth every penny!
on December 31, 2012
I am so pleased with this purchase!! When I worked in daycare and saw the amazing quality large wooden blocks that they have for the kids there (and after seeing how much kids love them) I decided that someday I wanted to get them when I had kids. I now have two daughters ages 4 and 2.5 with a son on the way. Recently we were in a waiting room that had the same blocks and my kids made a beeline for them. They built castles and had a blast and I remembered how great these blocks are. So I got onto Amazon and searched through so many blocks and brands until finding this one. They looked just like the ones in my oldest's Sure Start classroom and the ones at the daycares I worked at and the price was a great deal! We have an APO address and live overseas in Japan and they still had free super saver shipping (the box weighed 50lbs!). They came much faster than estimated as well. We received them last week and my kids have played with them multiple times a day each day. There are SOOOO many blocks and different shapes and sizes-it's perfect! They really are the same kind that I've seen in classrooms! They're heavy enough to be solidly stacked and are smooth all the way around. My kids have built castles, roadways for matchbox cars, houses, and they even had me help them build a manger for baby Jesus. They created the Wise Men's castle and then used the curved rainbow pieces as hills for the shepherds and their sheep. :-) They also spread them out on the ground and used them as stepping stones to play the follow the leader. :-D This is definitely an amazing deal and the best quality of blocks! I highly recommend them for anyone looking for some great building blocks or for a toy that nurtures the imagination. :-)
on December 7, 2012
I bought these from Amazon for my 3 and one-half year old grandson, they are smooth and heavy. The box the blocks came in was too heavy for me to lift so I went to Lowe's and bought two stackable 29 quart and one 34 quart Hefty Storage Solutions containers to store them. This distributed the weight to make it manageable for my grandson to lift. The containers also made it easier to gift wrap. One of the reviews mentions to purchase the rolling cart to store them, but I felt the see through containers would make it easier to pull out the desired shapes when playing with them.
The set has many shapes and sizes for creative play. I used to collect data for various research projects and my job took me into schools. These are the same type of blocks I saw in many of the schools. Their high quality should make them last for many years.
on December 25, 2012
The price of this product may give you pause, but I have purchased the less expensive sets, and they are worthless. This set of blocks is the best I have ever seen. Great workmanship, and the size is bigger and heavier than I expected. It may cost 3 times what a cheap set costs, but it worth 10 times.
on February 1, 2016
I'm so glad we've got these blocks for my almost 3 years old. His imagination is flourishing and he plays with them every day. You can't find more open ended toy then this!
review image review image
on January 2, 2013
These blocks are big, smooth, something you find only in day cares or children's museums. Only for the serious builder. Love, love them
on January 3, 2015
It is a great product and my grandson loves it.