Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,262 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,920 reviews
on February 16, 2016
My Daughter loves it , and asks for it all the time. Personally, after the umpteenth time of hearing the map sing about itself I want to bury myself under rocks. I dont understand why dora does all these odd things and collects stars that are themed after the episode, but hey its for kids. If you can stand how repetitive the show is, and its really repetitive !, then its not so bad.There isnt anything you wouldn't want a toddler to watch and our daughter does seem to really have fun watching.
My grandkids enjoy watching Dora the Explorer. Season 3 is another great season!
review image
on April 5, 2015
The grandkids love Dora. She is polite and kind and offers children a little Spanish language as well. Both my four year old as well as two year old grandchildren have picked up some Spanish words and they aren't even aware they are learning it.
on August 9, 2016
I won't let my daughter watch this show because I don't like the focus on stealing. I really wanted to like it, but it is such a central part of each episode that it really bothered me.
on October 7, 2015
Dora's voice is tinny and the songs are terrible. The idea that a fox is always ready to rob you is a horrible message. He doesn't even use their items, he just teases them and throws their stuff so that no one can use it.
How can this be acceptable for a song?
I'm the map I'm the map I'm the map I'm the map I'm the map I'm the map I'm the map I'm the map I'm the map.

At least try to make a song!
on December 17, 2016
My older son loved Dora as a toddler and now my 3 year old and 18 month old do, too. It's interesting enough to hold my 3 year old's attention, and I love that the vocabulary and instructions for child interaction (words to say, time to jump, clapping hands, etc) are simple enough that even my 18 month old understands and likes to do them. So glad the original episodes are available on Amazon Prime!
on July 25, 2016
My 2yo loves Dora, but I can't stand this season. The little girl that does the voice of Dora yells every word. I can only have it on for five minutes at the most before it's like nails on a chalkboard. Not to mention, what is that teaching kids about communication? No one likes the kid that has no volume control. I'm all for kids playing and being excited, but her voice is unbearably loud, especially in the parts where a normal volume would do.
on August 28, 2016
I have not watched Dora the Explorer as an active audience member; so I cannot give a rating based on age-appropriate experience. However, my daughter cares for a second grade child with cerebral palsy who also has communication difficulties. When she watched Dora in my home, I did not have any difficulty understanding her feelings about the program. I was spellbound watching her responses to the events on the screen.
on May 27, 2016
Dora the Explorer Season 3 is a great purchase! The show is tried and true for toddler and young child entertainment. It is very educational and encourages both the English and Spanish languages. It is a joy to watch and we have been pleased with the lessons it has taught our daughter.
on February 4, 2016
Duh duh duhduh duh Dora duh duh duhduh duh Dora... and after that, you are greeted by more inane songs, such as "The Map", where the title also contains all of the words to the song.
Anyone that claims it teaches Spanish are kidding themselves - there are maybe two or three words total an episode.
This is the kind of show that you would want your kids to watch if you want then to get a leg up on the competition vying for that hot cashier job at McDonald's.