Customer Reviews: KidKraft So Chic Dollhouse with Furniture
Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 New Professional Skin Care Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon bajillions bajillions bajillions  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Cycling on Amazon

on January 7, 2010
I bought this for my 7 year old daughter for Christmas. She/we LOVED it; I did ALOT of research; even bought Imaginarium Grandview Dollhouse from Toysrus and returned after comparing it with this one. The Quality alone spoke for itself, the frame of this dollhouse is Wood; not the cardboard cheap thin stuff like most of the dollhouses are made from. IT has TEN rooms with wood furniture; where the Grandview only gave you 11 furniture pieces and the thin walls were obnoxious colors (which only a child could love).

It is HUGE; we had to rearrange her closet and take away a bookshelf to make this fit in her room so she can play with both sides (versus other dollhouses with one side to put against the wall) but she has played with it EVERYDAY since she's had it now. She has mixed dolls; Barbies, Moxie doll, Liv dolls, & Brat dolls; they all work. THIS dollhouse is durable where you can hand it down to future siblings.

HIGHLY recommend this, especially for multiple siblings. Please make sure to have the space for it; you need to have the ability to where she can play with BOTH sides of house; the caster wheels are awesome when need to turn the house.
22 comments| 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 11, 2013
We purchased this dollhouse last year.

It was easy to put together. However, some of the colors of walls and furniture were hideous, so I spent a couple of days customizing, papering, and painting. I actually really enjoyed it. Hobby Lobby has great dollhouse accessories that are a little fancier than the typical. They also have tiny Christmas trees if this is a Christmas present, craft paper for walls, and fabric for textiles.

EVERY girl that comes to our house is magnetically attracted to this house. It is very tall. I'd say 5 is the age where most girls will comfortably reach all of the levels. It is taller than our play kitchen. This doesn't stop my daughter, though.

She is in a stage right now where she takes all of the furniture out and makes an "apartment" on the coffee table. :-/ Hopefully, she'll start using the actual house more.

We use Lalaloopsy, Loving Family, and eventually will use Barbies with this house. The furniture is a little large for Loving Family, but you can mix some LF furniture pieces in and they'll play with it anyway.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone and everyone. It is the best dollhouse on the market, 2 girls can play at the same time without fighting for space (double sided), and it grows with the stage of dolls your girls are into.
on November 28, 2012
This is a great doll house. It is really really big. We knew the dimensions before ordering, but it is pretty massive. There are 2 sides. The whole thing is on wheels, so it can easily slide out from the wall when you want to play with it. The furniture seems good quality and there is lots of furniture. Really you won't need any other furniture as it is complete. My children like to play with it. We've had this for a year, nothing is broken :) Not too bad to put together. I will mention that one side of the roof came with a small crack in it. I called the company. They were very quick to replace the broken part. Actually since it was a Christmas gift (last year) and since I needed it ASAP, they overnighted the piece on their dime. Easy company to work with.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon December 20, 2012
The monstrosity (exactly like the photos) will change how you feel about dollhouses. Do girls play with dollhouses while standing? What dolls go you get to go with a dollhouse? What about exterior walls?

I did a lot of research. No matter how I looked at the market, this was one of the best deals available. This dollhouse is more durable than others. The lack of exterior walls makes this dollhouse accessible to more than one child at a time, and the casters help.

Assembly is methodical. KidKraft packages this with the tiniest and more floatable fill - what a mess! The instructions don't indicate which sides of the walls go in relation to the stairs nor does the box have that level of detail, so I had to refer to the photos on Amazon. And most important - DO NOT tighten a screw on any section until all three or four screws are at least a little threaded.

When you assemble this monster, you join the brotherhood /sisterhood of the Monster Dollhouse. Some reviewers reported having to drill a better hole or sand down parts that fit together. Fortunately I didn't have to do those things but I came close a few times. I was able to force everything to fit by the way I screwed in the screws, and nothing got bent or broke thankfully.

I didn't get the dolls yet - more research I guess. The furniture is so cute though, and durable too. KidKraft did something smart. They know that when you own the MONSTER, you probably buy the accessories from them since other dollhouses are made for smaller scale accessories.
on July 13, 2012
Just as pictured on website. Took quite some time to put together but well worth it. My Daughter can't stop playing with it and actually cleans up and puts all the pieces in there place. Furniture pieces are large I am very happy about that. Well worth the price.
on November 24, 2015
The dollhouse stands nearly 4ft tall and is designed to be played with all the way round, as opposed to ones that are designed to be against the wall. It rides on caster wheels so it's easy to move but also stable on carpet. This is a huge set with the furniture so a great value for amazon's price $165.
Assembly takes time and patience. The directions are ok, but you need to read ahead and make sure you have the correct part (they are individually labeled). As suggested in other reviews, use the pics on Amazon to make sure the boards are proper oriented. Finally, the packing box is full of styrofoam board that breaks down into tiny pieces. Leave the box in the garage. Unpack and clean off the parts before bringing them into the house.
on December 25, 2011
KidKraft So Chic DollhouseI wish I saw this doll house last year. Even at age 6 1/2 my twins are so excited by this enormous doll house. Perfect for Barbies, fairies, pocket puppies and even baby zhu zhus.
on February 27, 2016
Ok, so it really IS the best doll house ever! It's ALOT of work to build it, and it can take one person by themselves approx 4-5 hours to do so. It's vibrant, colorful, and BEAUTIFUL! I looked at a ton of doll houses before making this choice. I also read many reviews of this one before choosing it as well. Don't let the HUGENESS of this doll house scare you away :) Once built my kiddos couldn't stop playing. My 5 yr old daughter and 6 1/2 yr old son absolutely LOVE it!!! My 2 yr old sweet baby girl tries to play, but mostly just wants to run off with random pieces of furniture, lol :D She'll grow into it I am sure :D If you're trying to choose an affordable AND amazing doll house, look no further! THIS IS YOUR DOLL HOUSE!!!
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on June 10, 2016
If you're thinking of buying this in 2016 you should. It's the only one I've found with a great 360 play area. The one sided one we already owned was causing fights when the kids were both trying to get into it at the same time. It's rather large and will actually fit barbie dolls 12 inch and all of the figures which are smaller (paw patrolers were eating the birthday cake that comes with the set in the sweet kitchen within a minute of opening the cake box). I LOVE that it's on wheels so you can move it, push it against a wall and pull it back out with zero effort. Some of the items have changed inside of it (my sister's daughter has one as well), but it's relatively accurate. It does come fully furnished from the wall clock in the computer room, to the rugs in the living room. We left all of the rooms boxed up (except the master and twin bed rooms because those beds needed construction) and gave them to my daughter as a bunch of little gifts. She loved that. I'm so happy with this purchase. My son climbs it (we keep trying to get him down) and it's yet to crack under his sturdy 40lbs (*not recommended use). I loved the colors, since it was brighter than typical decorating (more like a kid who wants a purple room would draw), rather than the boring tan all adults use for various reasons.
CONSTRUCTION: The house took about 2 hours to put together solo, and was a little annoying. The diagrams really don't show everything. Like for example there are 2 colors of screws, same label (this happens twice). The pink ones are for the roof. The purple ones are for the bed, and the light pink ones are for the twin bed. The side beams the seam in them all should be inserted the same way so they line up so you can slide in the floor panels(I constructed them with the seam on the northmost part, makes sense when you're looking at the wood). FLIP through the instruction book to the back to MAKE SURE your ladder areas line up. They don't *say* to do this, but if you don't you'll be dismantling it and putting it back together. Don't worry too much about the way the wallpapered walls are facing, just that they line up to the opposing wall, the only thing it limits is the room space with the ladders. Given the "rooms" really aren't specific to which is the kitchen etc.. it'll be fine. It's an awesome doll house. I used a power drill, but also needed a plain phillips head, and the included hexagonal crank thing. However just remember it's going to be awesome when you're done. Absolutely splendid. Thanks Kidkraft!
on December 25, 2014
Amazing, amazing, AMAZING.... Also, Oh, did I mention AMAZING?.....

Seriously, this dollhouse was worth every cent and more! I did A LOT of research before purchasing this house and I'm so glad I did!! This Dollhouse will NOT disappoint..My husband assembled it just shy of 4 hours. It's a pain to get set up so I'd suggest to pace yourself and not leave it for the night prior to an event because I PROMISE there will be tears sheds :) it came with ALL the amazing accessories any little princess/ and sidekicks could want.

I mean, you will just have to see for yourself. I've never seen a doll house come with a heavy wooden washer, dryer, iron, ironing board and so much more! This dollhouse is so phenomenal it even comes with a pillow and extra linen for "guests" or to fold and keep stashed in the laundry room. Yes, there's a laundry room.

I'm telling you, if your looking for a truly great quality dollhouse LOOK NO FURTHER. This is it! I would buy it again and recommend it to family and friends. It is nice and sturdy with REAL wood, not cheap pressed wood, and it comes on wheels to be pushed from room to room if desired!

Some accessories were dinged up from the shipping but I am not concerned I will/would still give this item 5/5 stars, but secretly wishing I could give it 10 stars. You will understand my praise once you have set it up and see it first hand. Great job KidKraft!! 👏👏
review image review image review image review image