Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Size: Large, 4-Pack|Change

Showing 1-10 of 422 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 445 reviews
on February 28, 2017
What happened? From making solid quality filter cartridges that typically lasts more than 2 months to poorly / cheaply made cartridges that literally came out of the box leaking carbon bits! See my photos of the new unused out-of-the-box filter with fibrous layer so thin the carbon bits are pouring out. I also included a comparison photo of my old filter, huge quality difference. Also, the fibrous material on recent purchase was so thin you can see light shinning through it. The carbon bits are leaking from the cartridge, into the box, making a huge mess and rendering the filter useless. To top it off, all three boxes (that's twelve filter cartridges) are of this abominably low quality. What happened?

Absolutely not recommended! Zero stars if possible.
on September 25, 2016
These filters are so easy to use in my filters. I take the cover off the filter and they slide right in and out with little to no messes. It keeps the tank looking crystal clear and I change the filters about every 6 months because there are only 4 fish in there. So this is a year supply for me. Great quality and I really trust the brand name. I even buy Tetra food as well. My fish are always happy and healthy. These are cheaper to buy here then in some stores as well and it shipped to the house. I love this online shopping. The water has never been anything but clear and I trust them for all my fish and pet needs.
on March 8, 2015
These filters last a long time! I'm very impressed! I was also able to easily cut the top of these filters and add my own mix of charcoal and ammo-chips for my tanks. A+
on September 22, 2016
These filters are incredible, I slice the top part on the coarser floss side to add my own mix of carbon & ammonia remover and have them going in my 75 gal tank. Keeps my water clean, clear and under control. These things are work horses. Love how useful they are.

Edited 11/29/16: I was able to keep a set of these running (with monthly rinsing out in tank water, and monthly carbon refill) up to 5 months before it started to really get clogged and slow the water flow coming out the filter. I might change out sooner at 4 month mark. But still, it went a long ways!

I also have been running Purigen in this filter. Like I said before, I slice the top of the filter, dump out the loose carbon and insert the 100mL pouch--It fits perfectly inside--And, for the past 2 months, my tank has a pristine blue clarity to the water like never before seen. Great way to hotrod the filter.
on December 26, 2016
If you have the filter that requires these Tetra Whisper EX Carbon Filters, here is definitely the place to buy them. I have looked on many websites and local stores for this particular product and Amazon has the best price by far. Each of my filters for my 55 gallons require 2 of these filters so a single pack comes with enough for me to replace both of my 22 55's. Beware though, that filters also contain a lot of beneficial bacteria that your fish need, so I never replace both at the same time, and instead replace one side, and a few weeks or even months later (depending on how dirty they are) the other. Great price and going to keep them on my "save for later" list so I can purchase again easily when I run out.

Thanx~
on December 12, 2015
Can't beat the price by buying through Amazon. These would cost 2 -3X this price if I were to buy at the local pet stores.

We have 3 fish tanks, 1 of them (50 gallon) uses Tetra filters (2 filter set up), so we buy these regularly. As far as filters go, they do a great job, we change them out 1X per month (minimum) and the water stays clear and free of smells for the most part. This is longer than recommended on the product, but it seems to work just fine.

The only thing that would make this better would be offering them in the "Subscribe and Save" program.
on June 20, 2016
Very happy to get these Tetra Filters delivered today..... because... it was such a huge savings! For years we'd been buying them down the street from THE most popular PETstore...... but NO more...

We will no only buy them from Amazon. They were very well-packaged as U can see in my picture, … AND I wasn't sure if they would already have the charcoal in them but they DID! Oh happy day! LOL

Saved lotsa money and got exactly what we needed. Life. is. Good. :-)
on May 30, 2014
I use these for my 2 goldzilla fish. I had the fish for 4 years now. This is the first time carnival fish survived in my house. I learned a lot over the years about goldfish care. I had to upgrade the tank 3 times and we are at 40 gal right now (20 gal. per goldfish is the rule). Upgrade the filter 2 times because before I thought bigger filter would mean less cleaning...wrong.... bigger tank means less cleaning. So I've had this filter over 2 years. I take it apart completely and clean it with pressure water only, every 3 months instead of once a week now with the bigger tank. I change these filter cartridges once a month, and I this is better price than wal-mart. So I buy here, but wow I was changing these cartridges, at least rinsing them off once a week until I got a bigger tank. My filter works better, my tank stays cleaner now, and the cartridges work just fine and this is the best deal I've found for them.
on April 25, 2014
I recently got my old fish tank out of storage and found that my old power filter stopped working. I purchased a new Tetra filter which uses these cartridges and am very happy with it. The worst part about the old filters was having to take them apart to get the plastic frame out and re-use it with the new filter. This style eliminates all that extra handling and mess! Simply open the hinged external frame to dump the old cartridge in the garbage, then put a new cartridge in the frame. Couldn't be simpler. Wish they came up with this 15 years ago!
on May 2, 2016
I have 4 goldfish in a 15 gallon tank I purchased at petsmart. Within a few days and multiple water changes it became. apparent that the aqueon 10 water filter that came with the tank was inadequate because it looked like it was snowing in my fishtank.
I purchased the tetra whisper ex30 as an upgrade and what a difference! Barely any noise from the filter and the water cleared up in about six hours. The little extra flow from the filter didnt have any effect on my goldfish and now my tank is clean. If you have goldfish that are messy little critters you want a filter that has a large filter size. Dont bother with medium size filter cartridges as they cannot keep up.