Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tetra 26332 Whisper EX Carbon Filter Cartridges, Large, 4-Pack
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

Size: Large, 4-Pack|Change

on March 30, 2012
I purchased these filters for ease of use, because I need someone to watch my fish while I'm away. Just pitch it and install the new one. The only reason I only rated this filter bag a 4 is if you don't mind taking a few minutes to pour in the charcoal and rinse, the box of 12 un assembled filters are about the same price as these 4. These ones are custom cut to better fit my filter 'holder', but the un assembled ones are more squared off at the bottom. They don't fit quite perfectly, yet they still work just fine.
on April 25, 2014
I recently got my old fish tank out of storage and found that my old power filter stopped working. I purchased a new Tetra filter which uses these cartridges and am very happy with it. The worst part about the old filters was having to take them apart to get the plastic frame out and re-use it with the new filter. This style eliminates all that extra handling and mess! Simply open the hinged external frame to dump the old cartridge in the garbage, then put a new cartridge in the frame. Couldn't be simpler. Wish they came up with this 15 years ago!
on June 28, 2014
You can never go wrong when you buy the large 4pack. This keeps me good on these filters for 6 months because I don't change but one side of the filter every 6 weeks. This is because I want the keep my nitrogen cycle established when I swap them out. I know it takes 6 weeks for the cycle to establish, that is why I do it every 6 weeks. These companies just want to make money when they say replace sooner.

As for the carbon, YES, it does make the water beautifully clear but it is not needed more than every 6 weeks, and we know the established nitrogen cycle is more important than clear water. If you don't already you should operate at least one more sponge filter in combination to the EX 75.
on March 8, 2015
These filters last a long time! I'm very impressed! I was also able to easily cut the top of these filters and add my own mix of charcoal and ammo-chips for my tanks. A+
on January 1, 2014
I recently started a fish tank for my kids with the help of a neighbor who is an avid fish keeper. The Tetra Whisper EX 30 was his recommendation, and I couldn't be more happy with the filter. I let the tank go for about 1 month before doing my first filter change. What I pulled out looked nasty, but clearly did the job a filter is supposed to do. And changing the filter is literally a snap. Pull out the filter holder, remove the old filter, and snap a new one in place. I don't think Tetra could make it any easier. Great filter and very easy to use!
on May 30, 2014
I use these for my 2 goldzilla fish. I had the fish for 4 years now. This is the first time carnival fish survived in my house. I learned a lot over the years about goldfish care. I had to upgrade the tank 3 times and we are at 40 gal right now (20 gal. per goldfish is the rule). Upgrade the filter 2 times because before I thought bigger filter would mean less cleaning...wrong.... bigger tank means less cleaning. So I've had this filter over 2 years. I take it apart completely and clean it with pressure water only, every 3 months instead of once a week now with the bigger tank. I change these filter cartridges once a month, and I this is better price than wal-mart. So I buy here, but wow I was changing these cartridges, at least rinsing them off once a week until I got a bigger tank. My filter works better, my tank stays cleaner now, and the cartridges work just fine and this is the best deal I've found for them.
on December 12, 2015
Can't beat the price by buying through Amazon. These would cost 2 -3X this price if I were to buy at the local pet stores.

We have 3 fish tanks, 1 of them (50 gallon) uses Tetra filters (2 filter set up), so we buy these regularly. As far as filters go, they do a great job, we change them out 1X per month (minimum) and the water stays clear and free of smells for the most part. This is longer than recommended on the product, but it seems to work just fine.

The only thing that would make this better would be offering them in the "Subscribe and Save" program.
on June 20, 2016
Very happy to get these Tetra Filters delivered today..... because... it was such a huge savings! For years we'd been buying them down the street from THE most popular PETstore...... but NO more...

We will no only buy them from Amazon. They were very well-packaged as U can see in my picture, … AND I wasn't sure if they would already have the charcoal in them but they DID! Oh happy day! LOL

Saved lotsa money and got exactly what we needed. Life. is. Good. :-)
review image review image review image
on April 6, 2016
works well. i keep re ordering these. they're the real deal. what else do i even write? if your fish need filter replacements, buy these so your fish can breathe.

four stars because i run through them quickly. maybe my fish are just big poopers? idk.
on May 8, 2015
This is such a good deal you pay twice as much in the store I get two for the price of one and they are just as good as the ones that I would buy at the pet store of course the pet store was out of them more than having them on the shelves they told me they were unable to get them I laughed and told them I know where to get them