Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 437 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 462 reviews
on February 28, 2017
What happened? From making solid quality filter cartridges that typically lasts more than 2 months to poorly / cheaply made cartridges that literally came out of the box leaking carbon bits! See my photos of the new unused out-of-the-box filter with fibrous layer so thin the carbon bits are pouring out. I also included a comparison photo of my old filter, huge quality difference. Also, the fibrous material on recent purchase was so thin you can see light shinning through it. The carbon bits are leaking from the cartridge, into the box, making a huge mess and rendering the filter useless. To top it off, all three boxes (that's twelve filter cartridges) are of this abominably low quality. What happened?

Absolutely not recommended! Zero stars if possible.
review image review image review image
on March 8, 2015
These filters last a long time! I'm very impressed! I was also able to easily cut the top of these filters and add my own mix of charcoal and ammo-chips for my tanks. A+
on September 22, 2016
These filters are incredible, I slice the top part on the coarser floss side to add my own mix of carbon & ammonia remover and have them going in my 75 gal tank. Keeps my water clean, clear and under control. These things are work horses. Love how useful they are.

Edited 11/29/16: I was able to keep a set of these running (with monthly rinsing out in tank water, and monthly carbon refill) up to 5 months before it started to really get clogged and slow the water flow coming out the filter. I might change out sooner at 4 month mark. But still, it went a long ways!

I also have been running Purigen in this filter. Like I said before, I slice the top of the filter, dump out the loose carbon and insert the 100mL pouch--It fits perfectly inside--And, for the past 2 months, my tank has a pristine blue clarity to the water like never before seen. Great way to hotrod the filter.
on December 12, 2015
Can't beat the price by buying through Amazon. These would cost 2 -3X this price if I were to buy at the local pet stores.

We have 3 fish tanks, 1 of them (50 gallon) uses Tetra filters (2 filter set up), so we buy these regularly. As far as filters go, they do a great job, we change them out 1X per month (minimum) and the water stays clear and free of smells for the most part. This is longer than recommended on the product, but it seems to work just fine.

The only thing that would make this better would be offering them in the "Subscribe and Save" program.
on June 20, 2016
Very happy to get these Tetra Filters delivered today..... because... it was such a huge savings! For years we'd been buying them down the street from THE most popular PETstore...... but NO more...

We will no only buy them from Amazon. They were very well-packaged as U can see in my picture, … AND I wasn't sure if they would already have the charcoal in them but they DID! Oh happy day! LOL

Saved lotsa money and got exactly what we needed. Life. is. Good. :-)
review image review image review image
on May 30, 2014
I use these for my 2 goldzilla fish. I had the fish for 4 years now. This is the first time carnival fish survived in my house. I learned a lot over the years about goldfish care. I had to upgrade the tank 3 times and we are at 40 gal right now (20 gal. per goldfish is the rule). Upgrade the filter 2 times because before I thought bigger filter would mean less cleaning...wrong.... bigger tank means less cleaning. So I've had this filter over 2 years. I take it apart completely and clean it with pressure water only, every 3 months instead of once a week now with the bigger tank. I change these filter cartridges once a month, and I this is better price than wal-mart. So I buy here, but wow I was changing these cartridges, at least rinsing them off once a week until I got a bigger tank. My filter works better, my tank stays cleaner now, and the cartridges work just fine and this is the best deal I've found for them.
on April 25, 2014
I recently got my old fish tank out of storage and found that my old power filter stopped working. I purchased a new Tetra filter which uses these cartridges and am very happy with it. The worst part about the old filters was having to take them apart to get the plastic frame out and re-use it with the new filter. This style eliminates all that extra handling and mess! Simply open the hinged external frame to dump the old cartridge in the garbage, then put a new cartridge in the frame. Couldn't be simpler. Wish they came up with this 15 years ago!
on July 3, 2017
Love this! And I love this company for having these for my tank! They are the perfect size and they arrived just in time for me to change the water in my 29 gallon tank. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
on May 2, 2016
I have 4 goldfish in a 15 gallon tank I purchased at petsmart. Within a few days and multiple water changes it became. apparent that the aqueon 10 water filter that came with the tank was inadequate because it looked like it was snowing in my fishtank.
I purchased the tetra whisper ex30 as an upgrade and what a difference! Barely any noise from the filter and the water cleared up in about six hours. The little extra flow from the filter didnt have any effect on my goldfish and now my tank is clean. If you have goldfish that are messy little critters you want a filter that has a large filter size. Dont bother with medium size filter cartridges as they cannot keep up.
on March 1, 2017
Remove, pitch, insert. No rinsing, no rebuilding. New fab aquarium product other than bottled Fujashima. I have some really cool fish now. No need for lights in the room now!