Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SmartCat Rooftopper for the Bootsie's Cat Bunk Bed
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Joseph Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports STEM

on January 7, 2010
Purchased this SmartCat Rooftopper with the SmartCat Bunk Bed [ASIN:B00186SWFA SmartCat Bootsie's Bunk Bed and Playroom for Cats]]. This set is awesome: well-constructed; appealing to the cat; durable; good design; attractive. It's located in our open living/dining room/kitchen where we all (2 legged and 4 legged) spend most of our time together. It provides great interactive opportunities, and the cat plays all over it all by himself. We all LOVE it! This is a great brand of pet furniture and toys.
VINE VOICEon June 3, 2011
I'm not so thrilled. The "bunk bed" lives at the foot of my bed so my baby with cerebellar hypoplasia (cerebral palsy) can have a place to snuggle in with the bottom bunk; therefore, I have to move it every week when I change the sheets. The Rooftopper only sits on top, so it tends to fall off both when I move it and when the monsters scratch. I end up getting my finger/s pinched in the hinge several times a month.

I think I'll bolt the roof to the bed with metal plates on both sides so we don't have rude little surprises from this one!

edit: 4 bolts, drilled in through the plastic jobbies that hold the roof to the house itself, work GREAT. No more pinched fingers, and metal plates weren't needed.
on June 24, 2016
Love this! I have 3 for the Bootsies Cat bunks and 2 of these roofs. My cats use them every day. I just wish that there was an option to buy the bunk and roof pkg.

Both of my roofs are secure and haven't fallen or been knocked off and I have 3 active SiemeseX's (ages 3, 2 and 9 months). One of these is located at the foot of my antique bed (it high of the ground) and the kitties use this to get on and off the bed all night long, and no Sound issues at all! Beyond sharping their claws (which as a life long cat owner is white noise to me) and them squabbling over who gets the peak of the roof where two of the like to perch (again,which as a life long cat owner is white noise to me, not unless it gets heated). I haven't had to do any altering or adapting to either of my roofs. The other is located in my spare bedroom under the window, and they use this to jump to and from the window perch all day long, and no issues at all.

Do note that the Bunk that does not have a roof is under an end table.
on June 14, 2013
At first, I wasn't sure whether or not to order to topper. I am so glad that I did. My cats love to crawl on top of it, scratch on it, and chase toys up and down the incline. I have not had any problems with it falling off of the bunk bed, and my cats have pushed it all over the place while running and jumping onto the surface. It is very sturdy. I would recommend this for someone who wants to give their cats some extra space for playing.
on April 22, 2015
A scratcher my large cat can use! I didn't put it over the bed because then he can't fit, so I took off the plastic mounts and put two straps across the base to hold it in place. He climbs on top to scratch and his weight keeps it place while he scratches. Sam is about a16-17 lb. Ragdoll. My Siamese, Eco, also likes the scratcher.
review image
on August 5, 2014
My cat has gone through two of these now in the last three years. It is her favorite spot to scratch and it certainly shows. :) I really wish they would just sell the sisal part that velcros to the top as the structure itself is fine. Seems a waste to order the whole piece again and again.
on September 11, 2011
I got this because i have always heard that cats need a place to scratch thats vertical. Its what cats do in the wild and that's why my cats hit up my door frames. This is a great scratcher for them. They have almost quit scratching my door frames. I do have other scratchers but this really fits their need to scratch upright. It is really made of good quality. The only reason i didn't give it 5 stars is because the flap that you attach for the scratching could attach better. My cats love the playpen bottom to this. However my 20 lber sticks out both ends. LOL. I would recommend this and its playpen counter part to anybody with a cat who loves to scratch.
on September 2, 2011
I've had this for about 2 months, and while it looks nice and creates a cozy little space underneath the "roof", my cats have never even attempted to use it as a scratching pad. (They prefer those cheap corrugated-cardboard floor scratchers that leave little bits of cardboard shreds everywhere, go figure. Maybe I'll try rubbing this one with catnip.) There is nothing wrong with the product, but I gave it only 3 stars because it seems to have little value for the cost.
on October 19, 2010
My cat loves to use this in place of our furniture and perches there as if he is on top of the world!
on August 12, 2014
Great product. Our cat enjoys scratching it. It really transforms the bunk bed into a 2-3 story house!
Easy to install and solid construction.
Both our small dog and large cat love it.

See 1 answered question