Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Now STEM

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$8.99

Showing 1-10 of 23 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 281 reviews
on March 27, 2014
I've been reading the New Yorker since I was quite young (looking mainly at the cartoons -- most of which I didn't get but liked anyway). The articles, including movie reviews, are well-written as are the short stories. The poems are often thought-provoking and sometimes quite lovely. David Remnick, the current editor, has not only maintained the magazine's excellence, but has enhanced it. I have been a subscriber since I was 18 and I think it is worth every penny, especially since I can now also access it digitally.
on October 18, 2013
A lot of digital publications don't bother with Kindle Paperwhite, an e-reader as opposed to a tablet such as Kindle Fire. But the New Yorker is totally accessible and easy to navigate on Paperwhite. If you are content with unglamorous black and white e-readers - like I am - look into this. It's convenient and a pleasure to take to lunch when I'm at work.
I can always have multiple issues with me. I like it organized by the Table of Contents. My only complaints are sometimes the cartoons are too small and once you look at the cover, if you re-open it, it is smaller. If you have a tablet, you can get it cheaper on the New Yorker website, but for the Kindle (I have the Paperwhite -- I like the black and white with high contrast), you need to order from Amazon, at approximately twice the price the last time I looked. But no ads, well organized, no continuation after several ad pages. And if you are traveling, it still downloads outside the US.
on May 22, 2013
I second what many reviews have said about pricing and access. I can't believe previous issues just disappear. This must be a strategy to push people to subscribe to the paper version. Also, why would I subscribe for $5.99 a month, when I can buy individual issues for $.99? Doesn't that work out to only $4 a month? Am I missing something?? Yay for me, but so strange coming from one of the most "intellectual," high-falutin' publications out there.
on July 22, 2013
It's a very nice version for Kindle. There's no pictures, only the cartoons, but the content wich is the most important is exactely the same as in the printed version and we can browse the magazine by sectors in a very well diagramed table of contents. The affordable price is a passport for this traditional publication.
on January 29, 2013
I love the New Yorker and was excited to get it on my Kindle, but it never showed up. I have purchased other Kindle items prior to and since my New Yorker purchase that processed without a problem. Don't know what happened here, but I've never seen it in my library listing.
on August 11, 2013
I find ordering a little complicated. Otherwise, it's the New Yorker, at a reasonable price, much easier to access than the magazine online, with this protected and that protected and this blue and that pink (!) and this blocked and...etc. And it's ALL on the Kindle I love to bits. I'm an expat living permanently in Europe. This is easiest access to the magazine; so what's not to find superb? Yes--it's a shame to lose the cartoons, but you can't have the whole magazine (text)anywhere for that price.
on July 14, 2013
This edition of the New Yorker is easy to read on the Paperwhite and older Kindles. You can start from the Table of Contents and go directly to the articles. You don't see any of the advertising in the print magazine. You can still see the cartoons, but they are smaller and may be difficult to read. I think it's a little expensive for a digital product but it works better than most.
on October 9, 2012
This is an excellent way to enjoy a great magazine without taking up a lot of space in my home. Plus, think of all the trees it saves! Also gave me a chance to check out all the cartoons in one place. Will be buying more this way.
on April 17, 2013
Great way to read a great magazine. Simple graphs, great to non native english speakers that enjoy a dictionary handy.