BCA Month Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Jessi James decker Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on August 12, 2013
Replaced an outdated GE cooktop with this one. Cooktop performs extremely well.

Thats the good news... The bad?? Replacement was a disaster! In their infinite wisdom, GE CHANGED the downdraft connection from a 6" round pipe to a 3x12 rectangular connection. It was almost impossible to reconnect to the existing vent piping. If you are replacing an older GE product, you will need to get some FLEX piping!!!! Note - blowers will not interchange with older models, so you can't just 'steal' the old blower /housing and re-use... Whoever the design change person is in GE, they need to have to test-change out their products and see what a pain they've created by the change!!!!!!!!!!
on February 4, 2015
My stove top arrived quickly and was well packed. It was replacing an earlier model (about 15 years old) of the same brand. It does heat quickly (about the same as our olderunit)and I like the improvements they made to make the surface area flat around the control knobs. In short, compared to our older model, there are much fewer places for dirt to collect. Our old model also had steel borders around the cooking models, and these wore out over time and looked ugly. This new model gets rid of the borders, which is also a nice improvement.

So I would give it 5 stars, except that there are issues with the down draft. First, the fan unit and exhaust hole protrude much futher down than the previous model. This gives 2-3 inches of less room to work with, which makes a HUGE difference. BY the time you put on the rectangle-to-round adapter, you are basically hitting the bottom of the cabinet. It was impossible to connect to the existing vent piping, which is very annoying since the old unit was basically the same model, etc.. as this new one. The only way I was able to get everything to work was to go to a smaller pipe size (down from 6" to 5") and run the 5" pipe a few inches into the existing 6 inch pipe, and wrap it up with ducting tape. In the end it worked, but I feel it is a design flaw to have the exhaust protrude so far down,which really limits your options if replacing an existing stove top. When installed in a standard countertop, you can expect to have less than 2" of room between the end of the exhaust adapter, and the bottom of the cabinet.

It also does not come with any clamps to hold it in place (the old unit had long screws for this). However I justkeep it in place by gravity,and this seems to work fine.
on November 28, 2014
We like it quite a bit! We did a crazy amount of research, so we knew this unit got tons of positive reviews, and we've been very, very pleased with it so far. it's a little dumb that it comes with a rectangular exhaust, so i had to buy an adapter (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0085UZWRI/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_2), but all in all a great buy
on October 7, 2014
the cooktop is nice but installing the downdraft vent into the existing vent was horrific. there is no standard between stove and existing vent and the installation costs more than the stove.
on June 25, 2014
This stove top looks beautiful and heats up quickly. I love the griddle option where two of the left burners can combine to make one long heated area great for a pancake griddle. It arrived in two days and the price was $40 less than anything else I could find on line, or by calling various appliance shops. With Amazon Prime, I paid zero for shipping! My only issue with it is that it's very difficult to get a streak free clean on the glass. The knobs are tricky to get around to clean as well. This cook top is on an island in the middle of my kitchen so it's sort of a focal point. I guess I'm obsessed with it staying perfectly clean. The best solution so far has been a squirt bottle filled 3/4 with water and 1/4 white vinegar. I added a little squirt of dish soap as well. Spraying this on it and wiping down with dry paper towels has worked best. The cleaner they give you with the stove just ended up in a big streaky mess. I'm regretting that I did not buy the version without knobs. The fan is a bit loud on high, but not bad at the lower speeds.
on December 11, 2014
I thought this would of been a nice replacement for a gas cooktop i replaced it with but the glass surface scratches very easily. Also it stains fast even if you use the special cleaner some surface staining cannot be removed. The cook surface is so hard to clean because of it being glossy . I send at least 15 min. every time we cook cleaning it. I would not recommend it to anyone. Controls also do not control evenly.
on January 28, 2014
Everything you could ask for in a cook top; fast heatup ,powerful downdraft exhaust, simple controls, and a good looking appliance!
on July 1, 2015
Fairly happy with this. There are not many cook top options out there, but I would have had to redecorate the whole kitchen instead of using this to replace the one I had. PROS: looks sharp! Heats up quickly. Fans not too loud. CONS: the heating element takes some getting used to, changed my cooking times, usually longer at a lower temp, to avoid scorching. MAY BE A DEAL BREAKER for some people: the shiny, black surface is difficult to keep as clean as I would like. And it's hard to clean around the knobs even though they come off easily.
on August 27, 2014
We are very happy with our cook top so far. It gets hot almost immediately! The shiny black color makes it a little difficult to eliminate all the smudges from it. We haven't had any problem with general cleanliness but we've only had it for a short time. We are very happy with it so far, though!
on May 24, 2014
works excellent installed last night, replaced jennair ,simple install long term, hope it lasts.the bad deliverd 10:30 pm not ok with me,