Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 68 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 81 reviews
on August 20, 2016
We used these staplers to apply cedar shingles. If the pressure exceeds, about 80 lbs, the hammer breaks. The manual indicates higher pressures in excess of a 100 lbs is OK. If we maintained the pressure less than 80 lbs, less problem.
I bought this stapler after a disappointment with a "refurbished" older model that would drive both staples and brads. Compared to the older one, the SX1838K was easier to use in terms of putting the staples exactly where I wanted them and particularly for providing good countersinking of the fasteners. It also does not require oiling, which avoids the possibility of staining the work. I use the stapler in my home shop for cabinet making and a variety of day to day fastening needs. I found the 7/32" staple and this stapler to be something I count on and use often, usually along with glue, to get a strong, tight joint very quickly, without having the confusion of clamping up the pieces and driving a screw.
on August 16, 2014
This is a very well made and thought out tool. While it is designed specifically for the 5.6 mm crown staples, I have been shooting the standard 6.3 MM crown staples through it without any issues whatsoever. I do not know how they came up with the sizing, but the quarter inch or 6.3mm crown staples have a smaller outside dimension that causes them to fit slightly looser in the mag well but does not affect the operation. I give this tool a solid 5 stars and highly recommend it.
on August 8, 2015
This was a gift for my husband for christmas. He loves it. Has a lot of power, works great. He hasn't stop talking about what a great tool this is.
on May 31, 2017
Just used it in a set of drawer bottoms. Really works nice!
on June 16, 2014
I installed a tongue and groove porch ceiling with this tool. It was my first job using a stapler and it performed perfectly. Over 300 staples installed without a jam. I have many other Bostitch air tools and highly recommend them!
on June 7, 2012
Have been stapling up 1800 sqft of Knotty Alder tongue and groove 1" x 4.5" ceiling lumber. This gun has not misfired of failed, even once. Using 7/16th by 1.5" staples, the gun will drive them well into the material, no heads left sticking out. The safety lock prevents accidential trigger pulls, it is a very safe tool for the "Do it yourselfers" out there. I love it.
on July 16, 2011
History:

I've been in the building trade all my life and have extensive experience with most tools.

Review:

This is a great stapler. Quick change trigger, quick turn depth gauge, and hook to hold it on your belt while working. It even has a built in pencil sharpener- funny, but helpful.
on April 2, 2017
Arrived on time and I put it to use immediately. Not too heavy and works just fine. Can adjust the depth that staple goes into the wood. Fired 200-250 without a problem.
on April 27, 2012
Do not be put off by the cost of this unit. Yes, you can go to a discount tool store and spend a lot less money, but if you need an air-powered stapler, consider spending the extra money on the Bostitch SX1838K. I've owned a lot of different air tools over the years and I've found that the cheap ones are not as well-built, not as durable and use a lot more air. The first two won't surprise anyone, but the third one just might. To make an informed comparison, don't look at only the price. Look at how much air the tool requires at 90 psi and see if your compressor can keep up. The packaging should indicate the volume of air per minute (cubic feet per minute or CFM) that is required. Most times you will see a value for 40 psi and 90 psi. Lower pressures are typically for small tools or some spray guns. You will be wanting that 90 psi for this tool. With a less expensive tool you might find yourself waiting on your compressor. The Bostich is well built and a dream to use. Some of the things I like about it are that it comes with a swiveling connector for your air hose, the staple drive depth is adjustable, it is quiet (or about as quiet as an air tool can be), it is lightweight and it is well-balanced. If you plan to use a tool like this often or just want something that is dependable, consider this one.