Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 15, 2014
I bought this two years ago and I think at that time I got it for $35. At the time the reviews were mixed (3 stars), but at that price point I thought it was worth a shot. The reviews are definitely more plentiful now, and they are pretty good.

Why I chose this bag?
-sick of using regular luggage and having to iron every shirt when i arrive at my hotel and just want to go to sleep. No complaints here. It is partially the art of how you pack the shirts/pants in, but without too much effort I have never had to iron the shirts or pants.
-for short-haul trips where lots of luggage isn't needed. Great for one week trips where i am packing 2-3 work pants, 3-4 work shirts, and a couple casual outfits, socks, underwear, extra pair shoes, etc. Pockets are great for holding the toiletries.
-wanted to be able to carry on. This has worked great for both carry on and checking the bag. I've never had a problem.

Cons -
-after two years there is some fraying around one of the outer zippers. I am about to place an order for a replacement, because I don't want it to get to the point where the horrible happens...
-the over the neck strap broke after only a few trips. One of the plastic connectors got broken from, most likely, a careless baggage handler. And if you think baggage handlers are nice to your luggage, there are some pretty great youtube videos that will convince you otherwise. But i digress.. I was still able to jimmy wrig the strap back on, but I just decided not to use it. I carry the bag by the handle most the time because it generally is not too heavy

Pros -
It did everything I wanted it to. I have been very happy. Like I said, i will be buying another to replace the one I wore out. I think at this price point it is worth buying a new one every couple of years. I am afraid to go to any other bag because I fear I'll miss this cheap but dependable gem.
on December 19, 2010
I bought this bag after searching for alternatives to my wheeled, large suitcase, so that I could carry-on the bag. This bag works well for quick out-of-town trips, and changing clothes between events. The bag is enormous. I was not expecting to be so large. It will easily fit several changes of clothes, an extra pair of shoes and assorted toiletries.

I like that the case is lightweight, has room enough for days worth of clothing and a separate pocket for "office necessities" such as pens, paper and travel documents.

I also found the non-slip pad on the shoulder strap very helpful.

I was not pleased that when I received my shipment the bag had some frayed nylon around the edges. I'm not sure if this is a manufacturer defect or due to Amazon shipping. When the box arrived it was badly crushed and the tape mangled. I've been ordering from Amazon for years and I don't think I've ever had a package look so terrible when it arrived. I don't know how well the bag would do as a checked bag.

The bag gets 4 stars. My shipping experience on the other hand: 2 stars. It arrived ahead of schedule and it was the correct product.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on December 14, 2010
It's a nice garment bag for this price but the quality could be better. The first one ripped at the stitching within 2 weeks. I received a replacement without problems which I used about 4 weeks now.I don't see any sign's of wear yet. The bag has many nice small features, small pockets.
review imagereview image
9 helpful votes
10 helpful votes
on July 10, 2012
I am very pleased with this garment bag. I was a little skeptical because of the low price, but it has been working out great! There is loads of space to pack several suits or dresses. We have traveled several times since buying it and it's held up wonderfully. I can't say how it will hold up long term, but so far so good. For the price I am definitely pleased with the quality! We've even checked it a few times and haven't had any issues. I definitely recommend this for the price conscious traveler!
on February 25, 2011
I used this product for the first time on a business trip that I had this week. I like the material, it's very well constructed for the price an it had more than ample storage space, but there are a couple of improvements that could be made on the design that would make this product an extraordianary value. If the zipper for the clothing compartment were to zip closed at the bottom it would help to protect the garments better from soiling. Additionally, I found it difficult to get my hanged clothes to remain on the material hoops that are provided at the top of the garment area. Eventually i had to squeeze the hangers closed so that they would not fall off. The only other improvement would be to provide a method to hang the bag that is more durable/supports more weight. The method used now is a reinforced, metal hanger that goes through an opening at the top of the bag. Unfortunately, it began to bend as it didn't support the weight of the the items that i had in the bag.

Overall, this is an excellent value for the cost. I definitely recommend buying it, but if the manufacturer would take into consideration these minor design enhancements I believe that sales of the product would increase dramatically.
7 helpful votes
8 helpful votes
on May 15, 2012
The Olympia Deluxe Garment Bag handily accommodates dress suits for me and my wife, plus additional items of clothing and toiletries. It is just the right size for 1 or 2 day trips. In addition to the main clothing and accessories compartments, the bag has multiple additional compartments for a laptop, cell phone, checkbook, writing instruments, and documents. The only drawback for me is that it has no metal or plastic "feet" on the bottom to protect the fabric from contact with the ground.
on September 23, 2013
This product is completely useless - my fiance used it to tote around his suit and the zipper broke after 2 uses. no joke. maybe we just got a defective product, but man was I disappointed.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on August 24, 2013
I have used this bag for 2 pants and 2 shirts for 1.5 months and the zippers have broken. I did not at all abuse this bag, the zippers are just plain old garbage quality. I suggest people look elsewhere for a bag.
on November 15, 2012
The bag is nice, it does have a lot of space, but one of the handles broke after I used it for the second time. I only had one suit and two shirts in there, so there was no reason for the stitching not to be able to hold.
on January 24, 2011
I bought this to pack dress clothes for interviews. I did not want to check them on my flight in case my bag was lost. This bag is very spacious and seems to be very study and good quality! My only grip might be it's a little bigger than I expected. I am 5'5" so this is a big bulky for me, but I still love it! It also fit just fine into the overhead compartments of a 737 (the only plane I've been on with it), but I don't know about anything smaller.
9 helpful votes
10 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.