Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,743 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,191 reviews
on April 6, 2016
This is now my 5th child watching this classic Leapfrog video. With all of mine (except the first) I've started them on this before a year old. It keeps their attention and before you know it little phonic sounds start coming out of their sweet mouths. My oldest was in first grade when I had my second born start watching. She was struggling to read. Within a week she was reading on grade level and has exceeded that ever since. All of my reading aged children read 2-3 grade levels above their grade. My now 9 month old has already started saying his phonic sounds along with the video. A great resource!
Homeschool/SAHM-18 years
on September 24, 2016
My son has had issues with phonics in preschool as pointed out by his teachers. He learns other skills at an above average level but just lacks the attentiveness to follow along with the class on letters and sounds. I was reluctant to buy this but am so glad I did. He normally prefers shows like Daniel Tiger and Curious George which are E/I so I thought at best he would watch this once and be done with it. He has preffered this video over the other shows for several days so fae and watches in the morning and afternoon. He is noticeably better with letters and sounds as well am I. If you were to only buy one educational DVD for 3-4yo this is the best I've seen yet.
on March 17, 2017
This is my... 3rd? copy of this DVD. I've used it for all 4 of my kids so far, and it's great. I've only had to teach one of my children to read, and the reason is that he's dyslexic. But he learned his sounds from this video. My other 3 younger children are great readers for their ages, and ahead in school. I tried they expensive "Your Baby/Child Can Read" DVD series, but my kids weren't remotely interested in it. They continue to watch this, till the DVD gets completely worn out. I recommend this DVD and its sequels to parents every chance I get!
on February 28, 2017
This is amazing, I tried to teach my three year old the alphabet for weeks and he couldn't get it, didn't recognize letters from numbers then a few times after he watched this, he knew almost every letter. My 2 year old know his letter now too.
I would like the vowels to have their soft and hard sounds said, but other than that, in s an excellent teaching film.
We were watching this in terrible quality on YouTube for a while and it's not available on Amazon so we finally bought it so we would always have the good version.
on January 25, 2016
This is the best way to have your son or daughter learn their letters and sounds. It totally works. I had many mom friends suggest this or would say my kid knows all his letters and sounds. I would ask how and this is the product they used. It is fun to watch. My three year old daughter will request to watch it. After the third time, she almost had it all down. They do a great job of putting music to each sound and letter to help with comprehension of the material. I am a high school special education teacher and was really impressed with this video. I also liked that it is not scary at all and has a good message of working together. My one year old daughter will sit and watch it as well. She can even say some sounds and letters because of it. Anytime you put music to learning the comprehension is so much faster. Very affordable price too! I love that it is under $10. I would recommend this as a great gift for a first birthday or second birthday. This way they have it on hand for when they need to think about teaching letters and sounds.
on November 7, 2014
Like most people say, this is a great product for toddlers. How quickly a child learns is, of course, dependent on the child but generally toddlers will pick up sounds within a month or two at the latest.

It's fun and has been thought out well. Each letter is made fun to learn through audio and visual aids in the form of 'rooms' for each letter. This helps kids learn through positive stimulation. Plus it's a great product to keep kids occupied when trying to feed fussy kids ! We put it on and let our kid concentrate on the video whilst we feed him.

The proof that it works for us was when we recently went to a friend's house and they were amazed when our under 2 years old toddler picked up toy letters and pronounced their sounds - when their daughter (who is older) couldn't. They asked us how he knew his letters and we pointed them to the Letter factory.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
on April 21, 2017
I purchased this dvd because I use to own one but gave it to my sister years ago. My now 2nd grader learned his alphabet sounds just by watching this video. It really works. I show it to my 4 year old son. He loves it and watches it over and over again. He sings along to the alphabet song and makes the correct sounds for each letter. It's awesome! I would totally recommend this dvd to all parents that are teaching their kids letter sounds. This makes it so much easier and quicker than sitting there with your kids and teaching them yourself. And they actually get it!
on September 2, 2016
this DVD reproduction is awful! long opening introduction with non-stop brain-washing commercials of other products. bought it to a 2 years old - she lost interest half way thru the commercials... time to look for the old version of this DVD or something else.
on March 18, 2016
This video was such a help when my son was learning to read that I recommend it and even gift it whenever possible. Mind you, my child watched this 40 times and sang the song until I dreamed it at night but it helped him remember not just the alphabet but the SOUNDS the letters make as you read. When paired with lots of being read to and games we played with recognizing letters and short words, my son was actually reading at the start of kindergarten. I truly recommend this and its sequel.
on April 2, 2017
My 5 year old had not began to show interest in letters. She was in her second month of preschool and was having a hard time connecting letters to letter names. I read the reviews, gave it a try, and am glad that I did because it helped spark her interest in learning. A few months later, she knows the alphabet, and still loves the show.