BCA Month Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

on March 27, 2017
I bought this for my Son's 5th Birthday. He is Extremely good with Puzzles and Building and so I thought these would be a new challenge for him.

Well... they were, but I think maybe too much. There are ALOT of pieces and some of them very small. He looses interest leaving the adults to finish on their own.

The pieces are sturdy though and they are very cool looking after they are built. I think they may be better suited for the older age kids. I believe the box says 5-8? Probably better suited for 7-9.
on February 10, 2014
This is a very nice kit. Well made, nice in concept and execution.

I think the recommended age of 5-10 years old is incorrect though and most 5-7 year olds will have limited ability to put these together without significant help. The pieces are intricate and the directions require a good bit of patience. Have twin 5 1/2 year old boys and they received some Bloco kits for Christmas, this one included. They are very proficient at most building toys, puzzles, and crafts. They do well at Legos with minimal guidance, including the 7 yr+ kits. The Bloco kits however are just beyond their abilities at the moment and they were discouraged at how difficult they were. They can do them with significant help, but that's true of amost any building toy. When the age says 5-10, one should expect a 5 year old to be able to play with it on their own.
I think a better age recommendation is 8+, or at least 7+.
on December 26, 2013
I purchased this toy for my 4.5 year old that loves scorpions and legos! He is really good at putting together legos by following the instruction manuals but he was not able to put these together without help. The pieces come in a mat and need to be punched out and then connected by the plastic ball joints. The foam is of good quality and very dense. Since the pieces are connected by ball joints you can move the legs and the claws on the scorpion and they don't fall off. We have only put together the scorpion so far and it's a lot bigger than I had expected. It's more than a foot long from claws to stinger if you stretch out the tail and almost as wide. Since it's been put together my son hasn't really played with it much which has really surprised me. He also hasn't asked to put together the additional 2 bugs.
on November 4, 2013
Huge hit with my friend's five year old! He's really in to bugs and blocks and I was suprised to find what a limited offering of the combination there is out there. Really nice quality and the mix and match bug making possibilities are endless. I also like that the pieces are more substantial than say a lego or a typical block set. You don't have to worry as much about losing pieces or the risk of the littler kids getting into them.
on February 19, 2013
My grandson just turned 7. He's not into sports, but prefers things with small pieces or something creative. This fit the bill! He loves it and has gotten hours of play out of creating the different 'bugs'. I highly recommend it.
on February 16, 2014
These little guys are a lot of work to put together and they have small foam tubular parts that are definitely a choking hazard. I bought this for my 4 year old Grandson which is fine, but he was dropping the parts and his 7 month old sister who is crawling was right behind him trying to pick them up...it now stays here at my house and he can only play with it under close supervision or if his little sister is not here. Overall, my Grandson really enjoys playing with it.
on February 15, 2014
Great item for Christmas. My 4 and 6 year old nephews absolutely enjoyed putting these together. Per my brother, the construction of bugs was challenging to engage their minds, but not overwhelmingly difficult, making them lose interest.
on January 9, 2013
I bought these for my 8-year-old grandson for Christmas, and he just loves them! Easy enough for him to assemble, but still give him a challenge. Something different than the usual leggo-type building toys.
on December 28, 2014
Great product that keeps the kids busy, but younger ones definitely need more assistance with this because of all the little pieces and some of the complexity of some of the designs. But overall lots of fun!
on February 13, 2017
My students love them

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.