Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 4,046 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,177 reviews
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon July 8, 2015
I'm recovering from a herniated disc and wanted a supportive device to help my back. My requirements for the back support device were that it help: support, recover and hopefully help with some pain. I'm happy to report this device does all of that and more. I will completely agree with all of the previous comments on what a great supportive belt this is. What I would like to add is some more helpful information that I didn't find in earlier posts. It appears sizes were added, but not really explained. I took a picture of the back of the packaging to help with sizes. In addition, I wanted to see what the device look like on top of the clothes and beneath the clothes, so find some pictures attached with me wearing the belt over my clothes and underneath my clothes. I hope this adds to all of the other great post that helped me. I would definitely recommend this product to others.
review image review image review image
44 comments| 604 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 50 REVIEWERon May 24, 2011
As someone who suffers from sciatica problems, I've been looking for a decent back brace to help alleviate the pain, especially when driving. I tried several, and this one with the lumbar support really does the trick.

I tried a couple of other brands, but Mueller overall produces a great product for a reasonable price. Construction is excellent - seams are tight, ample velcro, easy to put on and take off. I have a 34" waist and this fits fine -- could easily accomodate several more inches.

I started with the basic Mueller brace (the one without the lumbar). Nice, but didn't really help all that much in terms of pain. The higher end Mueller (the one with the laces on the back) was also very nicely made and a snap to adjust, but again, it didn't offer the support I needed. The lumbar pad on this model makes all the difference. They have videos of several of their models on their website which are very helpful, but they are hard to find -- I just stumbled across them by plugging in the model numbers. Good info, but a very poorly organized site.

Everyone's back is different, so unfortunately you'll need to try out various models to see what hits the sweet spot for your condition. All three Muller braces that I've tried were all very well made and a good value, so I can highly recommend the brand.

I ended up buying two so I could keep one in the car and one at home. I found that using both lumbar supports next to one another makes the support even better. The lumbar pads attach with velcro, and there is room to fit both on the same belt side-by-side. That works best for me when driving. A single lumbar pad works well for when I'm mobile.

I also want to pass along some advice I received from my physical therapist regarding braces. While they can be huge help, you should not wear one constantly since it can lead to muscle atrophy. The ideal situation is to build up your core muscles so they do the job on their own. A brace is just a stop-gap to help cut down on pain on the bad days or when you are stressing the muscles (which, for me, occurs when I'm driving long distances). Used judiciously they're great; used improperly can make the situation worse.

If you're reading this you probably have back pain, and I very much hope you find the right solution that helps make the situation better or at least more tolerable.
44 comments| 1,004 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2014
This doesn't hold as well or as tight - something of a flaw in the design that stops the belts from 100% attaching. Yes, it is broader, but it offers less support where needed. The regular back brace is 5-stars all the way, with firm support and hold. Buy that, not this
on February 4, 2015
I debated on how I was going to review this. I have not used it a significant amount of time since I basically just got it, but I have noticed several things.
1. When I opened the brown box, I noticed that the plastic box that the brace was in had one of those clear circular piece of tape holding the 2 sides together. One was good, the other side has the tape piece broken and therefor not attached. This would leave me to believe that it had at least been opened before, and does make me worry (or wonder) if someone had tried it on or used it before. The condition that it is in is new looking though. so I decided to stick with it.
2. It is somewhat annoying to sit down with, but while standing and bending over, it seems to fit well and move with your body as it should. Maybe I need to play around with the placement more for sitting purposes.
3. The Velcro attachments seem to perform well. I hope they continue to stand up to time.
on February 11, 2014
I ordered this to use when lifting things or doing yard work. It provides great support. It advertises that it fits waist sizes 28-50. I am a size 38 and it is plenty big enough. Although I haven't had it that long it seems to be durable. I would recommend it for anyone who has recurring back pain but enjoys working in their yard or doing other chores that would ordinarily result in severe back pain.
on September 29, 2012
There isn't much to really say. I suffer from some daily general mild lower back pain. It can however become really painful after long days at work (veterinarian). As tall as I am (6'4"), it's exacerbated by sitting in certain chairs and having bend slightly to write medical records, perform surgeries at a height that is just below the comfort level of my back. The applied pressure from the lumbar support cushion is amazing. It's shocking how one can become nearly pain free in a matter of seconds. And while a brace is only a support aid, I can tell it is already helping improve my posture. My only small complaint is that the lining on the inside of brace does shift a little over time and I now have a small wrinkle that does occasional cause some discomfort due to the uneven applied pressure to the skin or clothing. I just readjust and I'm good to go. After living with mild to severe pain for roughly 5+ years, I can't figure out why I didn't buy something like this sooner. It has aided me at work, at home and in the yard. This brace now goes with me everywhere. If I had the time in the day to perform exercises to stretch and strengthen my back I would. But given the daily rigors of work and 2 kids under the age of 6, having free time to do those exercises is extremely limited. I love this brace.
on May 28, 2017
Mueller 255 Lumbar Support Back Brace with Removable Pad, Black, Regular(28" - 50" waist)

I had severe back pain for many months. I was looking for something that gives me relief from it & I found this product. Mueller Lumbar support gave a great support to my aching back. It comes with 2 adjustable straps. If I need a loose fit, I put only the inner strap & I use the outer one if I need a tight hold. I always used it indoor I never need to think of keeping the outer strap open. Some of the reviewers mentioned that they want to use this even in office. I don't think it will be that comfortable to hide it under shirt.
on June 6, 2016
This works quite well for giving lower back support when working. I am a landscaper and do quite a bit of manual labor with shovels and rakes etc. My back was starting to hurt almost every day. I know I'm getting older but come on lol. I decided to try this back brace out. I'm very glad I did. I'm not going to say it takes care of all of my back pain, but it certainly does help out quite a bit. I can tell when I have forgotten to put it on. Very helpful product if you have lower back pain from work. I would definitely buy another.
on May 3, 2017
Soooo helpful. Snug. Adjusts to your body, especially with the two velcro adjustments. Flexible enough to not dig into you, but strong enough to help keep the back in a better position. Won't fix the problem. But it can be a game changer when I've worn it out shopping and such. For both Dad and I it eventually started hurting instead of helping - esp if we tried to wear it to bed. But it worked great before that.
on April 9, 2013
I am size 40 waiste, but somewhat larger on the belly where this thing has to do. It fits perfectly with plenty more room.
It is comfortable to wear all the time although my chiropractor advises against wearing it too much as the lower back needs to flex and gain strength. As it is, I wear it when I have to lift something, like a bag of compost/ soil or kitty litter.

The only thing I would highly recommend is for Amazon to put a size range on this belt. Apparently there are two sizes, and you don't know which one you are ordering. Also, as we men of somewhat substantial belly size know, waist size does not tell the whole story. You need a measurement around your abdomen to know the exact size this belt needs to be.