Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 143 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 158 reviews
on November 6, 2013
I ordered the toy chest online and was expecting the item to be delivered within two weeks. Boy, I was very surprised that FedEX delivered it in less than one week; I received it in less than one week.

The assembly time was simple and very easy to put together. I believe it took under 12 minutes to read and put all pieces in their proper place. This is the second time I purchased this toy chest and Little Tikes has done a great job of making better improvements.

Our first purchase was back in 1992 when my oldest son was a baby at that time, I found the chest to be just okay way back then. I have been watching this item for over a year and was not happy about spending the money for it, but decided I would never find it listed under $70.

I bit the bullet and ordered this chest for my 2-year-old and was quite impressed with the sturdiness of the chest. We haven't put toys in it yet because he is sitting in it with his blanket. I put the top cover up in my closet so that he is never enclosed in it. I like the design of the top cover because a child can never be entrapped inside the chest. The top is made to simply put on top and lift off. There are no ways to secure, snap it and/or lock it.

The chest allows the playroom to stay somewhat clutter-free. It's very cute and I like the designs imprinted around the toy box. I highly suggest this toy chest to everyone and am very happy with my purchase. Kudos to this vendor, I am one satisfied customer.

The vendor was selling this chest $20-$50 cheaper than what I've been seeing advertised during Google search results. Like I mentioned before, I am happy. The product is well worth the money and I will save it for my grandchildren down the road. Go on, buy one today!
on February 14, 2011
There were a few reasons why I purchased this. First of all, the size seemed perfect for all of my son's toys. He has so many big items that it's difficult to find toy boxes big enough to fit them. Second, I love Little Tikes stuff. It is always great quality, and fun. I was really excited about this.

Unfortunately, I am very disappointed with this. It is VERY difficult to put together. The pieces do not seem to fit the way they should, and it is very frustrating. Once we actually got it together, it was useless. The little pieces that are meant to hold it together, did not stay put -- and one of them snapped right in half! Another big problem is the lid. It doesn't latch or anything. Quite difficult for kids to open, especially smaller kids.

This is on its' way back to Amazon because it simply is NOT sturdy, NOT safe, and NOT worth the money.
on December 19, 2011
First off I would like to say this is a durable item, however it takes up A LOT of space... My son's room isn't huge. He has a full size bed, nightstand, this toybox and a corner tv stand, and this takes up a lot of the room available. I'm thinking of downsizing to a smaller toybox (and loosing a few toys too) because of all of the clutter. But if your child has a lot of room, or a seperate playroom altogether, I think this item would be great. The pieces snap into the blue base, which you would think would be flimsy, but it ISN'T. My son repeatedly climbs in and out of the toybox, jumps around in it, although not recommended, this is a very durable item. So overall, takes up a lot of space, but very very durable. And I guess if you do purchase it and decide its too large, you could always list it on Ebay or a local advertisement and sell and possibly get your money back. Not a bad item at all.
on February 4, 2013
I bought this as a gift for my boyfriend's nephew. They were in desparate need of a big toy box. When I bought it, the giant toy chest was cheaper than the regular size. This toy chest was big enough to fit all his toys and he can still fit more! Mind you he has a lot of small-big balls, toy trucks like the CAT, and a bunch of stuff animals. I thought at first the height was going to be bigger but I am glad it wasn't because he is 1 years old and is walking. The toy box is the right size where he can see into it and grab what he wants. His parents just keeps the lid off and puts it behind the toy chest for now until he is a bit older to know to put the lid back on it. Its a great buy for price and they loved especially how all around it there are animals that are imprinted into the toy box. It was also easy to put together and it is very durable.
on January 11, 2011
I was hesitant in buying this toy box with all the mixed reviews out there. So I decided to try my luck and buy it anyways.

It arrived in plenty of time for my 1 year old son's birthday. I opened the package and it was HUGE! Way bigger than I had thought.(Which was perfect because apparently my son has way more toys than I ever thought.)

I took the pieces out and started putting them together. The base is weighted which means it won't topple over when he's getting toys in and out of it, and all the side pieces fit together wonderfully. When it came time to put the pieces that hold it together in I had a little difficulty, but nothing that 15 minutes and a little extra ump behind the hammer couldn't fix. I'm not sure how everyone else was trying to get the pieces in but I didn't need help from anyone else.

I'm so glad I bought this toy box! Well worth the money and I will be buying other Little Tikes products despite the reviews from other parents.
on February 28, 2012
We purchased this toy box (Little Tikes Giant Toy Chest Blue Model: 7907) for our boys and it does it's job well. It was easy to put together, is very large and holds a lot of toys! It is sturdy enough for my 2 & 4 year old to climb on top of and we've had it for a month with no problems so far. Another reviewer posted that it is supposed to come with dividers but this one is NOT supposed to have dividers with it. The instructions have more than one model which the others do have dividers and I'm not sure if the dividers are available to purchase and use them with this one as I have not tried it. The lid is NOT attached and my only suggestion is to maybe have the lid hinged but then that may make it stick out from the wall like our ottoman does. Overall very good toy chest and would buy again!
on April 23, 2012
My kids have an insane amount of toys, and this toy box is awesome. First, it's HUGE. The way it's built allows you to put in so many toys and easily fit larger ones (think tractors, airplanes, dump trucks). If I could change one thing, I'd make it so that the lid attached to the box instead of being just a "lid". We really have so many toys in it that the lid can't ever be put on, and it's really rather pointless. Mostly, the lid just lays against the wall behind the toy box while the boys play. If you're looking for something durable and easy to assemble that holds a ton of toys... This toy box is for you! There's a pink one too, which is adorable. :)
on October 7, 2013
Quite capacious and manages to fit in all those big trucks, buses and cars I never had a place for. Playroom suddenly looks REALLY clean with this easy to put together toy chest. It came in a big box with all the parts loose inside. The simple one page instruction manual was easy to follow . With all Little Tikes equipment, get ready with a hammer and some elbow grease. The nice thing about that is you only have to do it once because Little Tikes won't fall apart. I mean, you'd really have to try...
on December 15, 2010
I was so excited to purchase this gift for my two year old. It was going to be a gift from her dad, who is serving in Iraq. The pieces that are supposed to connect the sides together, just pop off seconds after putting it on (even after using a hammer). I managed to get 3 of the four pieces to stay on but the forth one........no matter what I do, it WILL not stay put. I followed the directions to the T. I even went to the extreme of trying to add super glue to help it stay on. Still know success. It is now so close to Christmas, I can't return the product. I have to give this little tikes giant toy chest to my daughter, knowing that it will have to be replaced. This is so frustrating. I am so disappointed.
on January 20, 2011
I purchased this toy chest for my 1 yr old twins. It very sturdy and safely built for my boys. My only problem is the 4 rectangles made to hold the whole box together. It's hard to line up to pound the rectangles into the 4 locking holes and after 2 or 3 times it stopped locking into the holes. I had to create a work around of putting sheet metal screws into the rectangles and then screwing the rectangles in to keep them seated in the holes. Once I added my modification to the toy box, all was well.

UPDATE: Here we are 5 years later, the toy box is now for the outdoor toys, still holding together. Has sat out in the weather and still works great. It has never came apart!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question