YED Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Valentines Day STEM Shop Popular Services TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Beat the Cold with Outdoor Clothing on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 68 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 84 reviews
on August 24, 2011
I was disappointed when I recieved this set, which was to be a gift for a friend. The packaging looked so much nicer online. In fact, the basket is cardboard and the products are very cheap. The sisal body sponge was torn and frayed! The product description is very misleading and I would be embarrassed to give this as a gift! I tried to return it, but it was not returnable! The product is cheap, not worth the money, and the whole experience was very frustrating.
11 comment| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 13, 2012
I purchased this gift basket for my wife as a valentine's day gift. The fragrance after just opening the Amazon box was delightful and everything was organized well. There are two primary reasons I am displeased with this item. First, the container appeared in the photo to be a hard, durable basket made of some material at least resembling stone. With that hope, I looked forward to being able to use the container as a decorative bowl on an end table or in the kitchen. However, the container I received was no more than cardboard, easily bent and hardly more decorative than the Amazon box that it was shipped in. With this considered, we come to my second issue with this item...the price. This item is roughly $20-$25 overpriced in my opinion. With a nice stone-like container this item could pretty easily bring the $65 I've paid for it.

Now, a few bits of information to be fair to the seller:
1. I am a man, not an expert in bath soaps and bathing utensils, and am not familiar with retail pricing of each individual product contained within the basket. All I know is that it costs me under $5 for a bottle of Old Spice Body Wash and a couple more dollars for a wash cloth.
2. I must reemphasize, once more, I AM NOT AN EXPERT IN PRICING of women's bathing products.
3. I won't be giving my wife the basket until Valentine's Day tomorrow, and her reaction is what really reveals the true value of the basket.
on January 20, 2014
I ordered this as a birthday gift for my mom who was recovering from surgery. When she received the gift she called me immediately and thanked me for thinking of her and how much she appreciated the gift. About a week later I asked her if the lotion and body gel were nice and I was wondering if it was worth the money. Her response was "They were very cute and the basket was very pretty" she then asked me how much I paid for the basket and I told her "$50" and she immediately said she wishes we could have returned it. She thought I paid $20 max for the whole thing and how the quality of the items in the basket were very cheap and seemed like they came from the dollar store. She said the loofah had a stain on it so she threw it away. I am very disappointed. I purposely spent extra money to send my mom something nice so she could pamper herself. I should have spent money on a spa. I will never order anything from this brand ever again
on May 19, 2010
My wife really liked this gift basket, much to my surprise. I have given her so many of these, that I expected another ho-hum response.

She especially mentioned the beautiful basket, which she put in the corner of the bathroom vanity.
on July 11, 2012
The product doesn't look worth the price I paid for it; the packaging does not look like the picture! It comes in the cardboard container all mushed down and is wrapped in a cheap looking way. Since it's not returnable I'll have to take the packaging apart to arrange the items in a nice display, will throw away the fake lilacs that are in the package (go figure, lilacs with a lavender gift set), and will add a bow that is nice looking. I'm glad I didn't have this shipped directly to my recipient so I have the chance to make it look appealing, maybe I'll try to sell it at a yard sale. Yuck, I'm not happy, could have picked this up at Walmart for $20.
on December 25, 2012
The basket looks good but the contents are of poor quality. They just look, smell and feel cheap. Product origin should be disclosed in the description.
on March 10, 2013
Asked my wife how she liked it (the woman who has every thing), and was pleasantly surprised to find, after she had finished going through all the items, that she genuinely appreciated it. From the way it was arranged to the type of products, all were appreciated. So if you're looking for something a little out of the ordinary, you know from, candy, flowers, fruit baskets, then this product could really be it. Highly recommended.
on November 7, 2016
It looks beautiful but WAY smaller than I expected, for the price. We order two for our managers, as an appreciation for all the hard work they do and they way they support their staff ( yes, they ARE that good) but the item was small for the price ( and this was their largest size?) and I know we could have found something with the same quality at way less. We needed it right away, if not I would have returned it. Will not order again -
on May 14, 2012
A wonderful set, but let me get straight to the point.

TWICE, not once, but TWICE my family ordered this product, presuming that it would arrive intact. Unfortunately, TWICE we discovered that the body lotion in the first shipment had been punctured andan 1/4 of the product ALREADY USED.

In the second shipment, the body lotion AND the shower gel had been punctured and 1/4 used.

This not only is a huge disappointment in quality control, but a hygienic issue. Frankly, it is disgusting to think that someone had dipped their fingers into body lotion and shower gel previously, and then nicely wrapped up the package as if nothing was wrong.

I am extremely disappointed at 'Art of Appreciation's complete lack of Quality Control. I am NEVER buying from them again.
on November 21, 2016
I bought this for my wife as an anniversary gift. The pictures make the package look much larger than it actually is. They charged way to much, you can get something equivalent, or better from a mall or department store for much less.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.