Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 150 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 694 reviews
on April 5, 2015
As an avid reader of The Economist (but not a subscriber), I appreciate the ability to buy individual issues when and where I wish. My hectic work schedule doesn't allow me the leisure to read each and every issue cover to cover, so this option is perfect for me.

The price for the Kindle-version of The Economist is far less than the newsstand price. And it is always available whenever I want it. Even late at night in my hotel room in a foreign country, when all of the shops are closed!

Although the formatting and layout aren't perfect on my Kindle Paperwhite, I enjoy the ease of reading and returning to various articles. As well as being able to archive back issues.

Thanks for providing this great newspaper in a digital easy-to-obtain format. I don't know what I'd do without it.
on October 4, 2012
I think the reviews and Rating for the Kindle Edition needs an update. Though it's true that with the "original" B&W keyboard edition of the Kindle the Economist didn't work at all. But on a Kindle Fire it's great! The formatting is straight forward, easy to use and basically replicates the printed version, which I've gotten for years. I will say it's annoying that the Kindle edition cost has not come down yet, but the convenience of having on the Kindle is worth it to me.

The magazine itself, over a 100 years old is read and respected by people all over the world, is a huge antidote to the hyper-polarized and dumbed-down news we generally get fed in America. If you read it for a while you might realize we are not the only country on the planet, and there is something to learn beyond our own definitions of Liberal or Conservative. In fact, that's my favorite part of this magazine: my liberal friends think it's too conservative, and my conservative friends think it's too liberal. Those who swim in the Middle and want to keep learning and exploring, look no further. What a concept: news that assumes you are educated, have read actual fact-based history books, and that you want to learn something new. Sign me up (or renew me).
on February 4, 2013
I love The Economist. Subscribe.

I have been reading this magazine for a decade and a devoted subscriber for about eight years. The reporting gives a great balance that is not often captured by U.S. sources. Of the magazines I have read, The Economist has seemed to offer the most in terms of details and breadth of stories. I bore of seeing only pictures or reading articles that are empty of insightful commentaries. The writing quality is great here. I use it as a first source for keeping me updated about major international and science news stories. We don't always get great coverage on this side of the pond in terms of international events and sentiment so I appreciate the magazine's frankness (even if I don't always agree with the opinions or endorsements).

My major qualm (and kudos to Amazon) is that the subscription service is run terribly. The website needs an overall in its account section. I have had problems multiple times with my subscription being put on hold because I was traveling and placed a stop on my mail or some other excuse. My online account often gets disconnected from my print subscription (not quite sure how!). I dread each time I have to call or email The Economist. Although the online account info may not be solved I hope the subscription with Amazon will fix my print problems (and was quite ready to change since my subscription was coming up). I don't understand how they used to change my address or say there was a problem with delivery and postpone delivery without contacting me. I am more than willing to give Amazon the chance to manage my magazine service. If it goes well, I'll keep using the auto-renewal. Fingers crossed!

BTW, my subscription was renewed VERY quickly. I have seen other reviewers complaining about the 4-6 week delay. Admittedly, those reports made me uneasy but my first magazine came in less than 2 weeks! Definitely acceptable!
on December 9, 2016
A publication that gives one a realistic view of what is occurring. Have only had it for two issues but enjoy it to date. Informative.
on January 1, 2016
Smart people giving good information about complex global issues. These people come from many different political persuasions however they are able to support there opinion with cogent rational argument. In a world of blow hard noise makers masquerading as news people The Economist may be the last bastion for the inquisitive mind! Worth every last penny
on January 30, 2017
THE Best- most measured, witty, extensive coverage of economic, political and entertainment from around the world- publication. Every week, I eagerly await its arrival and when it comes I read every single article for the balance of the week!
on November 29, 2014
Wonderful magazine. Weekly financial, political, and cultural news from around the globe. Must reading for any informed individual. A lot of content, tough to read cover to cover in one sitting which is why we keep them around so we can go back and pick up where we left off. My three high schoolers all enjoy reading the magazine, use it as a reference in their school work, and I love that they have an awareness of world events, and a depth of reporting they would not get from the nightly news.
on December 9, 2013
I subscribed last year to The Economist as a gift to my brother, a military historian and voracious reader. He was thrilled to be getting the magazine, and has since informed me that he considers it "the single best source of information available in one place." He lauds the writing, the analysis, the breadth and depth of coverage on "those subjects you would expect and those you had no idea were significant." That's enough for me. I will renew for him every year, and am now taking out my own subscription!
on January 20, 2013
The Economist is a suberb reportage about news around the world, with a somewhat U.K.-centric view and (fine humor). The leader articles are first rate, the (British) English language employed is a lesson in top-rated English. The Science and Technology articles are about up-to-date discoveries, the book- reviews are outstanding. Each issue publishes a well-written and informative obituary of a famous person, an outstanding tribute. The Economist is delivered to my house on Saturdays; sometimes delivery is on Monday--it maked for a sad weekend of mine!
on August 6, 2015
What can you say about The Economist? It is an international institution and a weekly reminder of how journalism could be, even if it is subjective, rather than objective. The result is delicious. Life would be the poorer and I would be more ignarant without it. It has been a life-long addiction.